The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Quality-of-Life suggestions for Extractors (and Map, sorta)

DoppelShifter

Love them or hate them, the addition of Extractors was a nice QoL improvement for people who don't have time or patience to just keep farming all the types of resources around all planets. Yes, their yield, time to actually extract, and RNG nature of the results are less than ideal and up to debate, but that's not the (main) theme of these suggestions.

I have a series of more Quality of Life suggestions, some of them based on stuff that DE actually did implement in the past, but they removed it again after Star Chart 3.0:

1) Let us see the resources from a planet on mouse-hover.

This was there in Star Chart 2.0 and it was awesome for just finding out what planet drops what, then zooming in, popping a mission and starting the farm galore. Now you not only have to zoom in, but also hover the icon in the corner to actually see what resources come from there. My suggestion is going back to the 2.0 style and adding a mouse-hover window showing that resources drop from there, before we zoom in.

2) Let us see which planets have Extractors deployed.

This is based on the annoying fact that you can forget where you deployed your extractors, and then you'll have to look for them planet by planet until you find all 1~4 of them. And even if you do know which planets you usually deploy them to, or if you managed to read that one-time pop-up that tells you that the Extractors are done, zooming planet-by-planet is still very annoying.

How about showing a small icon over each planet that has an extractor deployed? Better yet, make that icon show the status of the Extractor (In-progress {...}, Finished {V}, Destroyed{X}). A small progress bar wouldn't hurt either.

3) Give us a "Re-deploy all" button.

The "re-deploy extractor" button was inexplicably removed from Star Chart 2.0 to 3.0. I never understood that decision, because for people who manage 4 Extractors at least on a daily basis, we should not only have kept that button, but actually a new option should be added: "redeploy all". So we get our resources from all extractors and follow up with our days.

Bonus points if the redeployment can have the option: "[Same Extractors] or [Prioritize better Integrity]".

4) [Optional] ....Improve the extractors in general.

A lot of people simply ignore Extractors because they take too long, bring a fun-size handful of resources, and more than often it's just Detonite/Fieldron/Mutagen sub-ingredients that we already have in bloated amounts. Being able to optimize them for a certain drop or at least a certain tier (common/uncommon/rare) would help a lot, but simply tweaking this RNG would already help. Like, I know it's supposed to be rare to get that extractor coming back with 6 precious Orokin Cells, but if they don't, I'd like to see them at least return with some Plastids or Polymer Bundle instead of bringing useless Fieldron Samples that I already get in truckloads from missions and, as of now, from extractors. And I only use them whenever my dojo needs research material.

...And not everyone has a research-active dojo.

Oh, and increasing the yield wouldn't hurt, considering that simply going to a low-level mission for 5 minutes usually yields more than a relatively expensive extractor brings in 8 hours. I know it's passive vs active gathering, but still. Their yield is so small that some people don't even bother.

So... those were my two cents about Extractors and the current Star Chart.

See ya.

Edited by DoppelShifter

Wanted to make exactly this topic a couple of days ago. It was one of my major complaints about starchart 3.0, and I was expecting it to be adressed , but it never was.

Haven't use any extractors for months due to how the system is set up. We need resources on each planet to be displayed clearly like in the old system, plus we need a better way to redeploy our extractors.

Also, bring back color coding on the star chart... I know white nodes are "pretty" from a design standpoint, but I would love to be able to tell a sortie from syndicate mission and from an invasion at a glance when looking at a planet.

Granted, the node have different symbols on them, but the symbol is so small it might as well be unreadable.

Edited by (PS4)Stealth_Cobra

4 hours ago, (PS4)Stealth_Cobra said:

Wanted to make exactly this topic a couple of days ago. It was one of my major complaints about starchart 3.0, and I was expecting it to be adressed , but it never was.

Haven't use any extractors for months due to how the system is set up. We need resources on each planet to be displayed clearly like in the old system, plus we need a better way to redeploy our extractors.

Also, bring back color coding on the star chart... I know white nodes are "pretty" from a design standpoint, but I would love to be able to tell a sortie from syndicate mission and from an invasion at a glance when looking at a planet.

Granted, the node have different symbols on them, but the symbol is so small it might as well be unreadable.

Basically we got back some of the bad aspects of Star Chart 1.0 in the mix, while losing some of the good stuff that Star Chart 2.0 added (even though it was still lacking in some aspects).

For example, 2.0 got the redeploy button eventually, and also had a shortcut to the extractors (along with easily readable indication of both the resources and where each Extractor was). In 3.0 we lost all of that and got nothing to make up for it in this specific area.