The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Struggling to play warframe on pc, upgrade help?

(PSN)CommanderC2121

1 hour ago, alfaomega04 said:

tl;dr. get a rx460 or gtx1050/1050ti. if your psu has no 6pin, get the version of the gpu that doesn't require it.

Agreed. I mean, I play fine running on High everything with 1440p on a R9 270x, but I can't reccomend it because the framerate dies whenever you use operator and go back to your frame. (Assuming its a bug, doesn't seem to be)
Girlfriends PC runs on a 1050ti and it runs far better than mine with almost the same setup.

Swapping your graphics card to any mid range modern card should fix most of the problem. After that I would target the gpu (Intel i5 will serve you for a long time, requires a new mobo tho) and perhaps get another 8G of ram. But the graphics card should be enough to get a decent warframe performance.

Yup, others already said.   RX460, GTX1050, or if find a good cheap one, there are last gen gpu's with huge markdowns and rebates on them.  ie GTX 950 etc.  Also as mentioned, they all of low power versions that you just plug and play.   No additional power cords needed.

If have not dealt with rebates, be prepared to wait up to 3 months to get your money back.  

15 hours ago, Goodrich said:

Agreed. I mean, I play fine running on High everything with 1440p on a R9 270x, but I can't reccomend it because the framerate dies whenever you use operator and go back to your frame. (Assuming its a bug, doesn't seem to be)
Girlfriends PC runs on a 1050ti and it runs far better than mine with almost the same setup.

I don't have that issue on a 270x. I am running only 1080p with a i5 6600k as well though.