Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

[Sorties] We want a reliable way to obtain Riven Mods.

Mypi

It's clear that you wish to balance Riven Mods and make them an incentive for trying out old and underpowered weapons again. However, not only are their compatible weapons random, the way to obtain them is random too! As it stands, these issues prevent them from accomplishing their primary objective. What's the point in making this new end-game progression if the way to obtain it is entirely based on RNG?

Suggestion: Make them a syndicate reward. Just like Exilus Adapters, a chance on sorties + obtainable without RNG through Syndicate Rep. 

actualy. riven mods and 2k endo are the only 2 common drops from sorties. which i think since 19.10 have the same drop chance. so thats about a 40% chance of rivens, a 40% chance of endo, a 15% chance of an uncommon reward. 4% of a rare reward and 1% of a legendary reward.

18 hours ago, SupremeDutchGamer said:

actualy. riven mods and 2k endo are the only 2 common drops from sorties. which i think since 19.10 have the same drop chance. so thats about a 40% chance of rivens, a 40% chance of endo, a 15% chance of an uncommon reward. 4% of a rare reward and 1% of a legendary reward.

I have heard it told from reliable sources the Riven drop chance is 20%. Which is fair but still up to random chance.

Here is my argument for a consistent Riven drop source:

As it is now I am reliant on RNG on whether I get to experience a facet of the game. I have done every sortie for a week and a half and only received two rivens. Many have had much worse.

I have seen documentation of what the drop rates are and they are fair but people are unlucky. 

The simplest solution I see is have syndicates offer them for between 125,000-132,000 reputation. It would guarantee at least one a week which is fair and would still require a decent bit of work and regular log-ins.

The alternative is a Riven token system where every sortie you are guaranteed a Riven token. 5 tokens/sorties later you can trade them to Samodeus for a Riven mod. 

Additionally, think ahead to when secondary, shotguns, melees and potentially warframes are added to the Riven system. Sorties will not be sufficient as the only source of Rivens. The odds of getting Rivens for weapons you don't have like, or want will go up exponentially if you even get a Riven mod. 

Finally, it is immensely difficult to give you feedback on Riven mods without seeing more than a couple Riven mods. 

Hope you consider it. Rivens are really interesting and exciting.