The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The Rng Is A Lie :(

M0rgue

It has been mentioned several times in the past. the concept of RNG is just HALF the story. The other half is the probability table (or drop table in game context). This is the part that actually controls what drops are possible and assigns the probability.

And also, in the world of computing, there isn't a real random number generator (unless we hook it up to some physical sensor that observes real world stuff). What we have are usually pseodo-random number generators (that satisfy some statistical blah blah). In most cases, the sequence of numbers being generated is FIXED. i.e. we get the same sequence every time. This is sort of workaround by picking a different starting position in the sequence (aka seeding) based on some value that is variable (most common is system time). This gives is a sequence that SEEMS to be random (although it is not).

But poor choices of the generator function and/or the seeding function can still lead to situations with some predictable patterns.

So, it may not be that RNG is a lie. it could just be misunderstanding based on partial knowledge and wrong assumptions.

make the pattern of other reward, like, EVERY REWARD, then I can believe you.

nice job predicting it, btw :D

make the pattern of other reward, like, EVERY REWARD, then I can believe you.

nice job predicting it, btw :D

lol the other ones ARE random (the artifacts). Not sure about the potatos or Forma, forma looks random enough.

as for the vauban parts the number of parts were predetermined but the time they pop up is random exept for the 2 week delay of course.