Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Lockers Should Have 3 Possible Colors: Red, Green And Yellow

Nado

Using the mod Master Thief, I found 3 problems with lockers and this mod:

Fake lockers: I never know if I'm facing a locker with can be unlocked with Master Thief or is just scenary.

Lag: When I'm in a lagged game, I never know if I need to spend more time in front of the locker to unlock it or if it will ever be unlocked. As the game is lagged, I need to spend a lot of time in front of the locker to make sure it will not unlock.

Other players using Master Thief: Sometimes I will just waste my time trying to unlock a locker which already was tried by another player (this is useless).

To fix these problems, I suggest 3 possible colors for lockers: green, red and yellow.

Green: Any locker which can be opened by any player is green. If a player tries a locker and he/she has sucess, the locker becomes green.

Red: Any fake locker is red. If a player tries a locker and he/she fails, the locker becomes red.

Yellow: Any locker which can be tried by players with Master Thief is yellow. After the player "tries" the locker, it changes color, according to sucess or fail.

HOW MY SOLUTION SOLVES EACH PROBLEM

Fake lockers: They will be red and nobody will waste time with them.

Lag: The player who is trying the locker will get an answer, an VISIBLE answer, because the locker will change color when he/she has sucess (green) or fail (red).

Other players using Master Thief: Nobody will waste time trying a locker who was already tried by another player, because this locker is now red (or it is already opened).

And the color-blind killed themselves.

+1 from me though

The irony is: I AM colorblind! I have difficulty to distinguish between red and green. In fact, I need to go close to every locker to see if it is red or green. As an additional suggestion, the colors green and yellow should be bright and the red should be a gray-red.

The irony is: I AM colorblind! I have difficulty to distinguish between red and green. In fact, I need to go close to every locker to see if it is red or green. As an additional suggestion, the colors green and yellow should be bright and the red should be a gray-red.

Good idea even for the color-distinguishing.  This way the red lockers will just attract less attention in the first place instead of being a big "don't waste your time" sign.

I'm still waiting for a colorblind mode.

ATI once had some odd custom filters that would change the screen's color balance, so you could make things greyscale or sepia-toned.  I always wondered, why they wouldn't just make a filter that makes color-blind friendly changes to green/red hues.

I have a slightly different idea:

First off, no scenery lockers.

Green lockers work as they do now.

Red lockers have a chance to open for those with Master Thief

When a Master Thief tries to open a red locker and it fails, the locker turns gray (loses its color)

Just my 2 cents

First off, no scenery lockers.

I think that's not possible. Some parts of the map really need to have many lockers, such as cloakroom, then simply remove them is not a good idea.
Make them all real lockers is not a simple task, it would be necessary, at minimum, lessen the chance of unlocking a locker with the mod Master Thief. Using your suggestion, I would prefer just make gray fake lockers, so the player doesn't need to spend so much time trying to unlock a huge number of lockers (this can be annoying for him and for his group).

Scenery-lockers are black after 8.3, so it's already a nice improvement.

IMO, all lockers should be valid lockers, except those that are blocked by terrain (and even some of those are open-able).

What I have seen in some levels, primarily the "Locker Rooms" on ships where the corpus hang their gear? I've seen lockers that don't have the little glowy red circle and the rest were Red or Green. I'm hoping they go this route with all lockers, so we can tell instantly if it's a room full of static lockers or ones that COULD open up.

What I have seen in some levels, primarily the "Locker Rooms" on ships where the corpus hang their gear? I've seen lockers that don't have the little glowy red circle and the rest were Red or Green. I'm hoping they go this route with all lockers, so we can tell instantly if it's a room full of static lockers or ones that COULD open up.

All Corpus lockers are updated and the "scenery" ones are black now.

At first I thought it's applicable to all lockers, but no, Grineer lockers are not updated yet.

I think that's not possible. Some parts of the map really need to have many lockers, such as cloakroom, then simply remove them is not a good idea.
Make them all real lockers is not a simple task, it would be necessary, at minimum, lessen the chance of unlocking a locker with the mod Master Thief. Using your suggestion, I would prefer just make gray fake lockers, so the player doesn't need to spend so much time trying to unlock a huge number of lockers (this can be annoying for him and for his group).

If I want to solo and check 50+ lockers in a mission, I want to be able to solo and check 50+ lockers in a mission.

It is kinda stupid for lockers to just be props.

Make them ALL real lockers. Even the "cloakroom" lockers. Every. Single. One. Of them.

And don't do something stupid like "Lessen the Chance".

God Forbid something actually be useful, eh? As many mod points as you have to spend on the stupid thing, it better be worth carrying around. "OH NOES It'll give him extra ammo, credits and the occasional resource if he can open too many lockers!!"

Seriously? Is that your main worry?

God Forbid something actually be useful, eh? As many mod points as you have to spend on the stupid thing, it better be worth carrying around. "OH NOES It'll give him extra ammo, credits and the occasional resource if he can open too many lockers!!"

Seriously? Is that your main worry?

Definitely.

Because then all farmers will be running mission ONLY on the corpus tileset. And we'll have such "interesting" threads here on the forums as "I can't find players to go through Grineer missions!" or "Halp, all those resource farmers disrupt my games on Corpus missions!".

Definitely.

Because then all farmers will be running mission ONLY on the corpus tileset. And we'll have such "interesting" threads here on the forums as "I can't find players to go through Grineer missions!" or "Halp, all those resource farmers disrupt my games on Corpus missions!".

And how many farmers actually go with groups, mmmm?

Given that most people do Groups want to RUSH RUSH RUSH RUSH, you ought to know that most farmers go Solo so they can farm to their heart's content.

I'm a farmer somewhat, and.... *drumroll* ......I prefer Solo because there are SO many out-of-the-way rooms that I just can't do while I'm with a group unless the whole group wants to farm.

And I do plenty of Asteroids and Galleons, especially Galleons. Galleons have a lot of breakable containers. Fewer Lockers, but far more Breakables than a Corpus Ship does.

The Asteroid is an older tileset; it could use a bit of a boost when it comes to containers and lockers. It is outclassed by both the Corpus Ship (even with prop lockers) and Galleons.

EDIT: Actually, right now, I think the Galleon is currently the best place to farm because of the sheer number of breakables. Corpus comes at a close 2nd, and dead last is, as I said, the Asteroid. Can't comment much on the Void, I haven't been doing Defense and thus haven't been getting keys lately.

Edited by Xylia

DE, thanks for marking the fake lockers!

And how many farmers actually go with groups, mmmm?

A lot of them. And I wouldn't call them "farmers", a better term for people who tries to open a large amount of lockers and break a lot of containers is "explorer". I am an explorer and I always play in public matches.