Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

How to use Volt?

Get_Of_Fenris

Question

6 answers to this question

You might want to check the Augment for his ultimate as well as maxing out his Range (keep duration high for this one). This allows you to give your whole team a ton of overshields while CCing whole rooms of enemies. Only downside to this build is that your Speed wont be very strong (I run a seperate build on Volt for fast missions, where I forgo range and focus on duration+strength).

There's the full duration build for Speed and Electric Shield. It's going to be mostly a speed run build.

And there's the max range and strength, with as much duration as possible build for Overload. With its augment that provides overshield, you can be the damager, CC and support, all in one package, kinda. 

Depending on the situation you might have to make a build that's a compromise between the two. But I usually just run with the Overload build with max efficiency for everything.

1 hour ago, Fearlessmutt said:

I desperately need to know how to use Volt. Right now use a duration build and mostly bring him to mobile defense missions but that feels like barely taping into his full potential. Any Volt players got tips on how to use this frame?

I tend to have him balanced, unless I want loads of time for Electric Shield for objective protection.  He's quite versatile so there isn't really a "dump stat" with Volt.  Range used to be the dump stat for Volt because his 4 was useless unless built around, but now that his 4 is always useful for cc with crowds of mobs, you don't even want to dump Range, especially if you're using Capacitance (which is his most useful aug).

Volt is fast-moving, and ability-spamming - i.e. a very "busy" playstyle, lots and lots of frantic, precise keypressing and left-clicking.  You want max Efficiency, high Duration and Power Strength, flat 100% Range.  

Melee Volt with a big weapon with Berserker on it is a lot of fun if you haven't tried that before.

Edited by Omnimorph

Eather max range, balanced durarion, max efficiency and moderately use his ult -> very strong, raid fit Cc build

Mixed, jack of all kinda build.

Or, my personal favorite:

Prime Flow, Rage, Quick Thinking, Vitality, prime con, shocking speed and 2 mods to your liking...use it with health regeneration to get a OP energy tank build!

Edited by (PS4)CoolD2108

Volt can play quite a few roles and he can fit well with almost any play style.  If you like melee, build Volt for Speed and use his augment Shocking Speed (power strength and duration).  If you like crowd control, aim for Shock and especially Discharge (duration + range).  You can also play support with his Speed and Electric Shield (duration and efficiency).  You can also build Discharge for damage though that's not a build that you see very often, not to mention very energy inefficient so you'll be heavily relying on Trinity.

Since I use all of his powers regularly, I go with a general, all positive build and, depending on the situation, I use either the augments Shocking Speed or Capacitance.  His Electric Shield gives bonus to crit damage so high crit chance weapons work well with that ability.  For fun, try Speed + high crit melee weapon + Beserker mod.