Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

I'm not sure on how to build the Venka Prime for Ash

NightmareT12

Question

As title says, I'm having a bit of issues here. Here's the thing: The Venka Prime have the unique combo scaling mechanic where instead of 0.5, it increases by 0.75 per attack. Since Ash's Bladestorm benefits directly from this, and the claws look "ninja-y" I thought "Looks like I got my Ash Prime's weapon at last!"

Well... The thing is this weapon has good Status chance AND Crit chance. The Crit chance helps for both Naramon and Blood Rush, while the Status chance helps to inflict Bleed proc, which Ash's passive benefits from.

Since Ash is quite squishy, I like to use Life Strike on his weapons so I can basically regain all his health in a single Finisher from Teleport when I'm low. So that means one mod slot is taken already.

Then there's the dilemma: You'll want one Attack Speed mod, whether it's Primed Fury or Berserker. Then you'll want Pressure Point. 2 more slots taken. And then you'll surely want Drifiting Contact and 2 elemental slots. So it will look like this:

Warframe1186.jpg

So, here's the thing: Should I add Blood Rush and Organ Shatter and go with the crit chance? Should I scrap that and try to build for Status + Status duration for bleed procs?

Or should I just go with this?

Warframe1187.jpg

I'm really interested in seeing what you guys got to say. Thanks in advance :)

8 answers to this question

3 minutes ago, (PS4)maso_sage-mode said:

the second one is the classic crit build good with naramon.  Personally I dont like life strike so I would use primed reach instead or weeping wounds. You can even unequip life strike for berserker for additional speed.

The problem with VenkaP is that since it doesn't have too much range at all, PrimedReach wouldn't do too much for it. Lifestrike is really good on it since ,again, the range is pretty low and without another way to get back some life, you can bite the dust pretty easily if you don't use naramon or are constantly invisible, with weaker frames. 

4 minutes ago, aligatorno said:

The problem with VenkaP is that since it doesn't have too much range at all, PrimedReach wouldn't do too much for it. Lifestrike is really good on it since ,again, the range is pretty low and without another way to get back some life, you can bite the dust pretty easily if you don't use naramon or are constantly invisible, with weaker frames. 

I just leveled it up to 30. I was planning on a build for naramon but since the status chance is good I will create a build and use weeping wounds on it, it should be good. With naramon you are constantly invisible mate, so I dont see the problem and the need to get life back. You have to consider he will use this with ash so we can assume that OP has 10x arcane trickery on his helm/syndana or even 2 sets, the invisibility should not be a problem. I am curious, what would you add to the second build to make it even better ? Weeping wounds and 2x status mods or another thing ( berserker, p reach, one slash mod)? 

Edited by (PS4)maso_sage-mode

Just build it like a standard crit weapon. No point in building a weapon towards Bladestorm when the only thing that affects it is the combo multiplier and attack speed mods that aren't berserker, If you really want that attack speed, either drop life strike for fury or get an Arcane Strike/Fury, as afaik those do affect Bladestorm, though Trickery is probably better on him.

3 minutes ago, NyxCrab said:

Just build it like a standard crit weapon. No point in building a weapon towards Bladestorm when the only thing that affects it is the combo multiplier and attack speed mods that aren't berserker, If you really want that attack speed, either drop life strike for fury or get an Arcane Strike/Fury, as afaik those do affect Bladestorm, though Trickery is probably better on him.

No no no, I'm not building it for Bladestorm specifically, I just noted that I keep in mind Ash benefits from the increased multiplier :P

4 minutes ago, (PS4)maso_sage-mode said:

I just leveled it up to 30. I was planning on a build for naramon but since the status chance is good I will create a build and use weeping wounds on it, it should be good. With naramon you are constantly invisible mate, so I dont see the problem and the need to get life back. You have to consider he will use this with ash so we can assume that OP has 10x arcane trickery on his helm/syndana or even 2 sets, the invisibility should not be a problem. I am curious, what would you add to the second build to make it even better ? Weeping wounds and 2x status mods or another thing ( berserker, p reach, one slash mod)? 

I don't have any Arcanes yet, let alone 2 full sets! I wish! :P I don't usually go for Raids.

7 minutes ago, Askell91 said:

Just forget it on ash and slap it on a warcry valkyr. Better, belive me.

There's a configuration for that, but I like using my Scindo Prime on Valkyr. It kind of fits for a reason I'm not sure about.

10 minutes ago, aligatorno said:

And even while Invisible you can get damaged. Here's the thing. That's why I like Life Strike on Ash, since with Teleport a single strike channeling is enough to get 1100 HP back. And with Fatal Teleport it's even much more easier.

So the thing is Ash benefits from Venka Prime's stats on many levels, whether directly or not:

-Increased combo counter -> Bladestorm scaling -> Can be kept for more melee
-Crit chance -> Naramon -> Invisibility -> Easier to survive + lowered Bladestorm energy costs
-Status chance -> Bleed procs -> Ash's passive
-Fast attack speed -> Faster Bladestorm animations + more chances to inflict damage on melee on less time

That's what I meant!

15 minutes ago, (PS4)maso_sage-mode said:

As far as Arcanes go, I never assume people have them since so few of the people I`ve met in the game so far had at least one, including me.

I have a standard crit build on them since I don't go into super high level territory 110+ ever, only if the sorties have them or I do a 3-4k Hieracon. 

PPP | Blood Rush | Fever Strike | Organ Shatter

North Wind/ Shocking Touch | Berserker | Life strike | True Steel. 

I took out Drifting Contact/Body Count since I can achieve red crits within 10-15 hits. I chose Lifestrike because I use Zenurik as focus school, I prefer to always have energy over being invisible in most cases.

Edited by aligatorno

Don't bother on building a melee for ash utli to use the combo multiplier to increase ash ulti power, the combo multiplier its have little relevance, the ulti already kills everything without it, i already test it, with only intensify+transient fortitude(8) without increasing the combo multiplier, you can kill bombards of lvl140 in one shoot by putting 3 marks.

I prefer to use zenurik with ash because the 4 energy/sec that its give you, you will have literally infinite energy since you even regain energy while watching the ulti animation. Having that you will be able to spam more smoke screen.

Melee combo multiplier build are in general good if you are going to go only i melee mode and if you want red crits in early time of the combo multiplier(x2-x2.5) you will need true steel, without it i think that you reach red crits on x3.

Edited by chofranc