Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Equinox: How do I play, Builds, etc?

Phoenixian_Ultimatum

Question

So I got Equinox shortly after her release back with the rework of Tyl Regors' boss fight. Crafted her and couldn't figure out how to really efficiently use her so I leveled her to 30 and put her on the shelf; now I'm somewhat bored of the main frames that I play (Nekros (Prime), Rhino (Prime), Nova (Prime), along with a few others) so I'm attempting to go back and learn how to use, build and master some of the frames that I've let collect dust, the first of which being Equinox. So what I'm asking is how do I use her? Is one form preferred over the other (day/night)? Builds? Thank you in advance!

4 answers to this question

The main 3 ways to play equinox :

Day press 4 and wipe out the map:

Build for max range and then duration & efficiency.

Use day's 4, (maim is the name I think) kill some enemies to stack damage, press 4 again.

Congratulation, you wiped out the whole map

Night infinite sleep CC:

The build is quite the same as the previous one, max duration / range / efficiency and spam your second ability to put asleep all enemies & open them to finisher.

You can play both these gameplay with the same build by just switching form, but the second ability augment helps a lot.

Day buffer, night slower:  (night stalker reference :D)

Use equinox's third ability's augment and build for the maximum strength you can (and a bit of range/efficiency) and then use the third ability.

On day mode, you buff your teamates' power strength, on night mode, you slow all enemies around you and reduce the damage they deal.

Method 1 - really OP

all 3 range mods, both efficiency mods, Flow, trans fort and intensify, Continuity to offset energy costs primed if possible.

Start the mission, in dayform Push 3 for strength buff, Push 4...   this Dot's and kill's anything with low health, gives enough CC to kill higher targets with guns.  Tap 4 to wipe the map.

This scales with enemy health! so power str is less effective than range!

2x Equinox can feed each other, similar to old Nyx Absorb / Antimatter drop passing, also scales well with a damage buffer like Nova or Banshee

This same build lets you enter night form and mash 2 with large radius AOE sleep but the duration is not optimum.

You can also use Nightform 3 to reduce damage, but I would argue the slight CC on maim has more effect with low str!

Method 2

Put as much str on  as humanly possible and Buff everyone's power str with the augment

Method 3

Duration and range, Use 2 to put everything to sleep!

500% bonus affinity multi

Roflcopter with lecta or Gal prime with primed reach for aoe kills at lower levels

Covert legality finisher dagger kills at any level

Sadly "stance dancing" is just not practical, you loose all Maim/mend and have to recast all your skills, it also locks out your skills for a second

Mend is not really used... its too slow and no longer heals Objectives

You have no armor! but your fast! parkour lots!

Edited by Tatersail

equinox is build similar to nyx max efficancy cz she really burn energy pretty quickly if u dont do that max range....now u have option u going for night form.. then use augment for sleep... or if u going for day form...use augment... but she really dont need to much power....cz maim dmg is based how much dmg u do with u wepon...

I really like Equinox, I consider her one of the most versatile frames. There are basically 3 best builds/ways (excluding pure buff build).

• Peaceful Provocation - slow everything around you (soft CC), open enemies to finishers (hard CC), heal allies (including operators, specters, Nekros' shadows, etc.)
  • Rest & Rage (Spider Queen) - CC enemies with Rest, kill them, Rest then spreads to other enemies around, also healing of course.
  • The Maim (Nuker) - kill few enemies, nuke all other (everything) around you - very satisfying to use
Edited by A68PL