Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Kepler/Phobos - Archwing race

(PSN)OmegaSlayer

Question

How do you guys do it? 

It seems impossible to do.

Totally next to impossible.

I want to complete the nodes of Phobos to put Extractors/Distillers, as Phobos has Plastids and it's the only planet I have unlocked that has the resource.

But yeah, back to the mission...2 minutes and a half are crazy.

I saw a vid in which the mission lasted 3 minutes and a half but stasis mines were stronger.

I think it's crazy to nerf the mines and reduce the time.

Sometimes the corridor you have to pick is badly indiated by the yellow pointer and you pick a wrong one.

The concept is cool but the restriction is just crazy and you have to hope everything goes super smooth and you're lucky with a random tileset that is the more straight possible.

4 answers to this question

It's ironic but DO NOT RUSH! 

The important thing in here is to know when to move, sprint and afterburn. The AW doesn't really matter here, it's your piloting skills that does. Move normal in corners, sprint in short straight hallways and just tap afterburn if you see a longish hallway

put as much dmg in your gun so you can take out the slow mines. Also their locations are set, so if you do it a few times you'll remember them 

it's not for everyone tbh, if you can't do it then just get someone to help you 

Archwing in general isn't that great.
Needs more rework.

But yes, if you pick a fast Archwing like the Itzal with Hyperion Thrusters, and you sprint/afterburn your way through the straights and slow it down and control it through the many turns and halls with weird corners in them. You'll make it just fine.

It takes practice, and while the new movement system is fairly slidy and hard to manage, usually sending you into walls at break neck speeds. It's still alright once you get used to it. Wouldn't call it fun... but that's for another discussion.

Yeah I agree with the above, don't actually rush you end up smashing into stuff and getting caught. Use regular flight speed with a sprint speed once in awhile. I wouldn't use turbo boost at all unless a really long straight away. If I recall, you get more time per kill right? If so then the fluctus is amazing at shoot and forget kills in archwing. Been a bit since I've tried these.