Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Rhino's Reinforcement Stomp Augment Is Useless For Mid & End Game

AtroSpiker

14 hours ago, AtroSpiker said:

1f5rmjA.jpg

So say you build your Rhino for efficiency and lots of Iron Skin health, meaning max armor and max power strength with some efficiency and now you have around 4000-8000 Iron Skin depending on how you built it, now you go into the Simulacrum and spawn level 50-100 enemies, for me I used corrupted heavy gunners, 20 of them, and they damage you and then you round them all up together let them damage you then you stomp!

If you are around the lower end of the Iron Skin HP with 4000 or a little more, you will notice a slight increase with each stomp, since your Iron Skin is lower I will assume you built for maxed efficiency while sacrificing some power strength, so you round up all the enemies together and you stomp 20 x 80 = 1600, you get roughly half of your Iron Skin HP back 50% and the enemies stop shooting too, seems great right? Wrong.

In the actual field test it's impossible to round up 20 enemies even in survival or defense and stomp to replenish that much health even with an increased range on Iron Skin and this mod is totally useless for those with 8000 Iron Skin and can only stomp once or twice at best. If anything this Iron Skin Augment should of been 1% of Iron Skin Health restored for each enemy.

Level 40+ enemies and beyond will damage way more than 80 damage per a shot and with a lot of them, like say 4-10 you will only be replenishing 320-800 in a more realistic scenario.

this mod is for stomp builds not for ironskin builds for that u use the augment for the charge it easy can make a full tank  
u know u can build warframes difrent

14 hours ago, AtroSpiker said:

Well it's because those faster rate builds are rather unreliable at times, so I prefer the build that gives you 6-8k Iron Skin HP right when the mission starts, but before that I used an efficiency build which allows me to spam Iron Skin for 12 energy and Stomp for 25 energy. So I thought this augment mod was to revive that old efficiency build of mine.

But when I tested it against level 50-100 mobs in the simulacrum, it barely stood a chance despite my high expectations for it.....

At best this augment mod would be great for early game. Very early game. But it would of been great for all if it had been 1% for each enemy.

can any one explain too me what is  Very early game cuz lvl 20 u dont need iron skin u press 4 and poom all dead if u talking about very early game mot first 10 waves well i agree if u want too plan in go meele only longrun  in a team with a trinity belss does ironskins and does 80 hp per mob it are very good since trin cant heal ur iron skin 
u kown what i love about warframe is u can build things very difrent and still working

but that very early game only work for dudes mr 5 or so the point u have acesse too mods and endo dont existe very early game

Edited by venon23

11 minutes ago, Einblinr said:

Oh i thought this would help the survivability of those max range rhinos who might have low power strength and therefore low iron skin

The complication there is that a good range/duration stomp build is probably using Overextended to increase their Crowd Control radius which is also going to reduce the Iron Skin replenishment from 80 to 32 points per effected enemy. And there's not really room to fit Power Strength mods, nor any reason to given overcoming the Overextended reduction will require Transient Fortitude or Blind Rage, neither of which help much with a stomping CC build.

34 minutes ago, DanujCZ said:

Tell me how many augments are useful for midgame/end game. Or wich are actualy useful. 

The ones that spring to mind are the Augments for Radial Disarm, Silence, Absorb, Hall of Mirrors, Shadows of the Dead, and Eclipse. Others that can be good when well used are Jetstream, Radiant Finish, Piercing Roar, Chilling Globe, Despoil and Energy Leech. I always want to try the elemental Infusion mods but never get around to it. A squad with a mix of Saryn, Oberon, Frost, Volt, and Ember could amp up each other's elemental damage to hilarious levels.

On 2.12.2016 at 0:08 AM, Enno69 said:

I agree, it's useless due to it using a flat value rather than a percentage. I'd rather keep dispelling IS with Iron Shrapnel and recasting it again at full strenght.

If u want a badass iron skin then take shrapnell Charge and the ones to recast. U will see u will be bored till endgame. 

In the case for the New augment: i read in some official posts that Rhino is getting 3 % of every enemy. IT is little confusing. Do someone know hot it is?

I mean 3 percent is way better than 80 HP??

On 1.12.2016 at 11:29 PM, AtroSpiker said:

1f5rmjA.jpg

So say you build your Rhino for efficiency and lots of Iron Skin health, meaning max armor and max power strength with some efficiency and now you have around 4000-8000 Iron Skin depending on how you built it, now you go into the Simulacrum and spawn level 50-100 enemies, for me I used corrupted heavy gunners, 20 of them, and they damage you and then you round them all up together let them damage you then you stomp!

If you are around the lower end of the Iron Skin HP with 4000 or a little more, you will notice a slight increase with each stomp, since your Iron Skin is lower I will assume you built for maxed efficiency while sacrificing some power strength, so you round up all the enemies together and you stomp 20 x 80 = 1600, you get roughly half of your Iron Skin HP back 50% and the enemies stop shooting too, seems great right? Wrong.

In the actual field test it's impossible to round up 20 enemies even in survival or defense and stomp to replenish that much health even with an increased range on Iron Skin and this mod is totally useless for those with 8000 Iron Skin and can only stomp once or twice at best. If anything this Iron Skin Augment should of been 1% of Iron Skin Health restored for each enemy.

Level 40+ enemies and beyond will damage way more than 80 damage per a shot and with a lot of them, like say 4-10 you will only be replenishing 320-800 in a more realistic scenario.

IT is not meant to make the ironskin at focus  it gives health if u are on critical situations or gain your is. if u want to make Rhino to full tank then take the augment shrapnell Charge and the shapnell augment that makes u able to recast. Charge into Mobs and make ur New ironskin. look at HP.. thank me later!

i saw the New augment gave 3 percent instead of 80 HP? I am little confused but hope de give a clear answer what it is now!  

On 1.12.2016 at 11:36 PM, (PS4)LeBlingKing69 said:

In the Void, I just cast an Iron Skin and walk into a Void Trap Beam. Easy health.

Better way. take the shapnel Charge and Shrapnel augment which gives u recast ability. Charge into the Mobs (the bigger the better armor u get) then cast or recast iron skin and thank me later!

On 1.12.2016 at 11:37 PM, Firetempest said:

All the flat number augments suck. What can you expect. Icy Avalanche is useless. Instead of decreasing enemy damage by a % for a time.

Icy avalanche is in a good place  i would make rhinos HP depends on 5 percent oer enemy and Frost would get 2,5 of his snow globe health per enemie. the teammates would get 50 percent of the full amount 

On 12/1/2016 at 5:29 PM, AtroSpiker said:

go into the Simulacrum and spawn level 50-100 enemies, for me I used corrupted heavy gunners, 20 of them, and they damage you and then you round them all up together let them damage you then you stomp!

In a real mission though, if you gather 20 enemies altogether, it's very unlikely they'll all be Corrupted Heavy Gunners. Those enemies will be doing less damage to you, so you probably won't need to regenerate a huge amount of Iron Skin's health. Also, given that Stomp is Rhino's best method of CC, he'll be using this proactively just as often or more often as he does reactively, which means there will probably be times when he'll be Stomping when Iron Skin is at 100%.

This augment is not supposed to provide free casts of Iron Skin or completely change the way Rhino is played. It's just a little bonus for added sustain and ability synergy (and for some, maybe an incentive to CC enemies to protect your allies). If the mod isn't worth it for your particular build or for a particular mission, just don't equip it. Easy. Not everything is created for Trial/Sortie levels.

Edited by SenorClipClop

4 hours ago, (PS4)NoVa_Erk said:

Icy avalanche is in a good place  i would make rhinos HP depends on 5 percent oer enemy and Frost would get 2,5 of his snow globe health per enemie. the teammates would get 50 percent of the full amount 

How is it in a good place ? 60 points of damage absorption - flat value - per enemy hit ? A level 20 gunner can deal more damage with a single bullet. Did you try out the mod ? It's an honest question, I'm wondering.

1 hour ago, SenorClipClop said:

This augment is not supposed to provide free casts of Iron Skin or completely change the way Rhino is played. It's just a little bonus for added sustain and ability synergy (and for some, maybe an incentive to CC enemies to protect your allies). If the mod isn't worth it for your particular build or for a particular mission, just don't equip it. Easy. Not everything is created for Trial/Sortie levels.

Except there is no reason to use this mod below sortie level, Iron shrapnel already does a better job by letting you dispell and recast your amor at full strenght with no need to wait for enemies to swarm you. And on level 80+, shrapnel combined with Ironclad charge will make you unstoppable if played right.

I tested this out a lot and I did not find it worth the mod slot. 

On my stomp CC build (max range, some duration and efficiency, neg str) the stomp didn't heal my ~1k iron skin very much on a simulacrum room full of 20 butchers.  It took numerous stomps to get back to full health.  When at 100% IS, it did not over heal the IS to increase its capacity.  The mod slot would have been better used on shrapnel for the stomp build since I can recast a full-health iron skin for less than I can heal a damaged one through stomp. 

With my generally balanced build (128 dur, 100 range, 100 efficiency, and 200 str with charge and shrapnel augs) the stomp barely healed anything on a 25k average iron skin.  While the heal scaled with power str, it didn't seem to scale with the armor factor in iron skins final value.  Again, finding a group, charging them, shrapnel and then recasting iron skin would have been more effective for less cost.

IF I used one of my older builds (160 efficiency, 200 str, 145 range, ~70 duration), there may be room for this at the expense of iron shrapnel.  That build, however, lacked the charge augment and couldn't get nearly as much of an ironskin EHP.  If the range on that old build were dropped to 100 in order to get ironclad charge onto it, then it'd work against the stomp augment, making it even less capable of healing an even larger IS.  At the same time, making optimal use of ironclad charge almost requires Iron Shrapnel so that you can charge a group of enemies, get a good armor buff, then dispel your old skin and immediately apply a new one so you don't get caught with your pants down.  You'll never end up as a rhino with a 1% iron skin that way.  With the stomp augment unable to overheal your IS, and no room for shrapnel, you'll inevitably end up with an under-powered iron skin that can't be self-dispelled and is preventing you from putting up a larger buff without taking bigger risks (ring-out to reset/dispel then get a naked charge on a group to recast without ever going down...)

All in all, I don't see how this new augment can synergize with rhinos existing kit in a meaningful and unique way.  What it does is already done better by his other augments.  If it were able to overheal iron skin, increasing the health pool of the buff, then it would very much have a use in almost any build, but especially low-strength, CC-oriented builds.  If it healed a percentage of iron skins max health, then it could serve as an alternative to shrapnel in some builds.  If it scaled with armor as well as power strength, it could maybe help a bit.  But it honestly won't keep up with ironclad charge without being % based.

Edited by Guest

On 3.12.2016 at 7:20 PM, Enno69 said:

How is it in a good place ? 60 points of damage absorption - flat value - per enemy hit ? A level 20 gunner can deal more damage with a single bullet. Did you try out the mod ? It's an honest question, I'm wondering.

me not but my friend has tried it out because he plays on pc. the thing is frost is able to give a little protect to all his ALLIES. and i  also wrote a Buff for both Rhino and Frost if it is not in a good amount. the Coat is  good to Snow globe to protect against incoming explosive status damage throught the snow globe. because in the snowglobe this protection is not introduced. so u can compensating it with this ability. no throwback, Statuseffect no damage through the globe. it is like a Balance to the negative sides of the globe.

i mean i see that they both need a little buff. like i said. for rhino i would give an PERCENTAGE amount of 5. and for frost from his Globe health 2 Percent. it would make things better and also frost HP amount per enemy is affected by powerstrength, DONT FORGET. like Rhinos Reinforcing stomp.