Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

My Zarr feedback

Siekier

Greetings.

Usually threads in this section of forums include criticism of stats / mechanics of certain weapons and ideas how to improve them. That won't be the case here.

That's because the Zarr is damn perfect. It quickly became one of my favorite weapons and here's why:

- general feeling of using this weapon is great. It's a friggin cannon, and it sounds and feels like one. I especially love this hard thump when firing in barrage mode.

- It's very effective in both firing modes. Clusterf, I mean cluster bombs are great against groups of enemies (especially when you fire it after bullet jumping upwards, death from above baby!). Sure they're just as deadly for the user, but that's why there's the second firing mode. Which feels and functions just as well, if not better.

- It's really versatile. You can engage enemies both in close and mid range thanks to alternate firing modes. Hell, with some good leading you should be able to bombard enemies from really far distance.

- It's satisfying to use. Shooting a cannonball into enemies far away, switching to barrage and killing those scorpions rushing at you feels great.

- It actually feels balanced. It can deal a good amount of damage (like a cannon should), but it will kill you if you're careless. You need to get used to it, play to its strenghts and when you do, it's one of the most rewarding weapons in Warframe.

I don't say this often, but the devs did a great job creating this fantastic, absolutely terrifying device of destruction.

Thank you for adding Zarr to the game!

I really have to echo the praise for the Zarr.  It's a good, strong shotgun combined with an absolutely devastating clusterbomb cannnon, and very seldom have I felt that it underperforms at either of the role.

Properly utilized, it feels excellent and wreaks utter devastation among enemies.  Its shotgun mode feels appropriately devastating without being as crazy-OP as the Tigris-series, and IMO the cannon mode feels like what the Ogris and Tonkor should've been; easily-handled crowd-obliterating explosive weapons capable of wide-area destruction.  The Ogris failed by being weak, and the Tonkor failed by being unnecessarily bouncy and having a hard-to-predict angle.  The Zarr, on the other hand, is easy to use, but as dangerous to you as it is to the enemy if mishandled.

Probably the best thing about it is that it's a weapon that rewards skillful use.  By switching modes, you can handle almost any situation outside of a sniper standoff with it, but refusing to switch modes and running around in cannon mode all the time will probably kill you via self-inflicted damage.  The muzzle-loading action of the reload (something I haven't seen used since the Strun) is fantastic, as it's fast and it allows you to get a shot into the gun and fire it now, even if you run out of shells mid-fight.  The reload is fast enough that, even if you reload the full three shots, it doesn't feel cumbersome, and the ability to partial-reload really helps to mitigate the fact that the Zarr only has a 3-shot magazine - something I've never seen outside of the Tonkor (2 shots) and certain sniper rifles (such as the one-shot Vectis or 2-shot Vectis Prime).

Overall it's a gun that really feels great.  I don't think it's going to win meta awards, as it's not going to be outdamaging your Tonkors or Tigrises without some seriously crazy modding, but it's a fine status-cannon and just feels really damn good to use.

It's unique among Warframe's weapons, it's fun and I personally love it.  This is a solid weapon design.  Kinda reminds me of the Flak Cannon from old-school Unreal Tournament, but with its own spin of firing clusterbombs and a true shotgun, instead of a pseudo-shotgun flak spray.

Edited by Arkvold

Got to agree, the Zarr is great fun indeed.

And I say that having blown myself to bits several times in just the last few days. Still need to get a feel for that initial AoE I guess, haha

But IMO it's one of the most fun weapons DE has added to the game. 

Hek, it even wins just for that reload animation alone!