Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Seeing difficulty before you pick a map

Xariann

I might just be missing something but when picking a map, I can see the recommended ranks, but I can't see the difficulty until the match has actually started.

That is a little annoying because for higher difficulties, either I have bail out or try it and die. I tend to do the latter, but it's a failed mission I didn't need to have in my record :) I think it would be nice to be able to see it before you choose it, so you can decide whether it's best to tackle it with someone else or solo.

Edited by Xariann

• 2 weeks later...

It would be kind of neat if we could select a difficulty tier before a match. A few MMOs have this feature, but I'll elaborate a little.

Early missions would always be easier than later ones. However, when selecting a mission a player would have the option to modify it's inate difficulty by, for example, choosing "Initiate Difficulty," and reducing enemy damage. Alternatively they could select "Grandmaster Difficulty," and be forced to play with reduced armor, double the number of enemies or some other such handicap. Players would naturally be rewarded for selecting higher levels of play with better loot, bonuses to credits and experience, or whatever.

It would be kind of neat if we could select a difficulty tier before a match. A few MMOs have this feature, but I'll elaborate a little.

Early missions would always be easier than later ones. However, when selecting a mission a player would have the option to modify it's inate difficulty by, for example, choosing "Initiate Difficulty," and reducing enemy damage. Alternatively they could select "Grandmaster Difficulty," and be forced to play with reduced armor, double the number of enemies or some other such handicap. Players would naturally be rewarded for selecting higher levels of play with better loot, bonuses to credits and experience, or whatever.

I agree. It would be awsome to have a higher risk more reward system.

I also love that Idea, It makes it nice for people of all skills to enjoy the game or once you get higher level it give you something to do. (aka Getting like Grandmaster rank on all the levels.

Also maybe have like the highest difficulty have no revives, just to make it super risk reward.

Maybe a "Challenge" system could be added as well. Where once you beat a level, you unlock different "Challenges" for that particular level. You could have Time Trials (the same mission but with a limited time), Hardcore (no revives and possibly lowered health/no shields), Weapon Restrictions (no melee/rifles/etc.), Barebones (all mods and upgrades are removed and you are reverted to starting gear during the mission), etc. etc.

Edited by FrydHamstr

It would be a good idea to easier or harden the difficulty level according to the number of players, it is not good that 4 players have way more advantages than solo, while this is making you play co-op there are the benefits of co-op anyway, you don't need it to make it harder for solo.

So for 1 player there would be full armor and all, for 2 players the armor would drop to 5/6, 3 player 4/6 (or 2/3) and 4 player 3/6 (or 1/2). And then you would be able to choose the difficulty levels and the ones above are for normal, then there would be easy, hard etc.

I don't really think that dropping your character's stats is good. I'd feel that there wouldn't be much point in making my character more powerful that way. But making the enemy harder and add some mechanics to bosses to make them more interesting would be a better idea. Or having more enemies and things like that.