Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Conclave: No Current Leap? How About Just No

Lemonpartydragon

"No" Current Leap is the worst iteration of LCL that has yet appeared. It makes the tradeoff for mobile gameplay significantly higher than it should be. Part of the problem is the complete nullification of energy regen; the other (larger) part is the screwy energy economy metagame, where players casually regenerate 1e/s for free. Both of these things should change.

Directly pertinent to NCL:

1. Revert the mod to its old incarnation: -50 eMax/+0.1 Mobility. This created a meaningful tradeoff where taking extra Mobility meant giving up most 4s and giving up the ability to spam lower-cost abilities. This was good for Conclave as it incentivized either building for power usage or learning to use lower-tier powers more strategically.

Less directly pertinent, but still important:

1. Reduce passive energy regeneration and change in-round orb spawning as necessary. Energy should not be an abundantly free resource; this leads to thoughtless power spam and nullifies the skill-based element of map control such as can exist when fighting players for orb spawns. Removing skill-based gameplay is inherently bad for Conclave.

Even tough I disagree with the current state of no current leap, I guess going back to its first state would require power cost to be normalized across all frames and be balanced according to their effect. For example, Volt gets to keep his electric shield and Frost keeps snowglobe since both powers cost 50 energy regardless of being their 3rd skill, while some other powers make a little too much for their cost, like Iron Skin (should cost 75 just like warding halo, which, imo should have the decay treatment just like iron skin in order to make them alike, but I guess that's another topic) making the tradeoff smaller on some frames than others. 

12 hours ago, -----LegioN----- said:

Even tough I disagree with the current state of no current leap, I guess going back to its first state would require power cost to be normalized across all frames and be balanced according to their effect. For example, Volt gets to keep his electric shield and Frost keeps snowglobe since both powers cost 50 energy regardless of being their 3rd skill, while some other powers make a little too much for their cost, like Iron Skin (should cost 75 just like warding halo, which, imo should have the decay treatment just like iron skin in order to make them alike, but I guess that's another topic) making the tradeoff smaller on some frames than others. 

How about make it "low efficiency leap" instead?

-50% power efficiency, +100% maximum energy, +0.1 mobility

On 4/12/2016 at 4:10 AM, R-GUN said:

How about make it "low efficiency leap" instead?

-50% power efficiency, +100% maximum energy, +0.1 mobility

That would be too much. Take for example how Heightened Reflexes works and you'll realize that using a mod that decreases power efficiency will also increase your energy pool to avoid sacrificing any of your abilities, making the +100% maximum energy an unneeded buff.

However, I find interesting your idea of turning LCL's drawback into a power efficiency reduction since it feels closer to the original purpose but without sacrificing powers, just their availability. Imho, sounds like something worth trying.

Edited by -----LegioN-----