Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

How to mod ash prime?

Hydraa

Question

Hi all was wondering if anyone could provide a good late game build for ash prime?

there dont seem to be many updated ash prime builds since the rework for the frame and was wondering if anyone had some good late game builds for him?

13 answers to this question

4 minutes ago, Hydraa said:

Hi all was wondering if anyone could provide a good late game build for ash prime?

there dont seem to be many updated ash prime builds since the rework for the frame and was wondering if anyone had some good late game builds for him?

I cannot remember mine exactly as i am not on my console, but i am pretty sure i used constitution and p.continuity (for duration) to use smoke screen, and then i had P. power flow, and another exilus mod for max power.

Avoid blind rage. And you don't need stretch.

A good balance of duration, efficiency and strength, strength is honestly less necessary since he does rly high finisher dmg anyway, and u dont need max efficiency, try fitting in some nice defensive mods to take advantage of his high base stats as well.

It has enough duration to revive and mark targets, increasing duration further will inevitably require sacrificing efficiency or power. Swapping TF with Intensify will give you just 2 more seconds for smoke screen but you lose 25% power,. Removing Fleeting Expertise will drastically raise casting cost not only for BS, which has been much increased with the rework, but for other abilities as well for the sake of what, a whopping 10.2 seconds invisibility instead of 6.2? And you lose 50% efficiency! Not worth it. 

EDIT: Oussi, I read your post above where you say you use Constitution, that's a whole mod slot for additional 2.24 seconds. 

Edited by frohdoe

Just now, frohdoe said:

It has enough duration to revive and mark targets, increasing duration further will inevitably require sacrificing efficiency or power. Swapping TF with Intensify will give you just 2 more seconds for smoke screen but you lose 25% power,. Removing Fleeting Expertise will drastically raise casting cost not only for BS, which has been much increased with the rework, but for other abilities as well for the sake of what, 10.2 seconds invisibility instead of 6.2? Not worth it. 

not really. i will try to post my build when i reach my console

Just now, Hydraa said:

are you guys building around bladestorm still?

Yes. although the rework did not hit the console yet, but i anticipated that and made a build taking into consideration the rework although i am sure that i will never play ash anymore as it became a useless frame (at least for me) and i already found a better 2 substitutes.

Ash was and still is one of the better solo endurance frames you can play.

You'll want to build for Max Duration with a little range using Fatal Teleport. You can give him a little Power Strength if you still want to use Bladestorm. It's still decent for Sorties stuff but it's never scaled much past that level.

8ynWlEd.jpg

I would recommend something like this

Vy2NB7v.jpg

If you want to specialize further I use this with Arcane Energize, Arcane Trickery and Madurai IPS Passives.  Naramon works well too and is a bit easier to handle without the need of Trickery but the crit bonus to damage is noticeably less than Madurai.

Lq1BDVQ.jpg

For a melee weapon you can use a Covert Dagger though I often use Bleed build weapons for better kill rates past lvl 150. Galantine Prime, Venka Prime, Prisma Dual Cleavers and Atterax work well for this.

I happen to prefer Primed Reach on Galantine but the build for all the others is the same except I use Lasting Sting in place of Primed Reach. You can also sub Primed Reach for Berserk if you want a faster Fatal Teleport execute but outside Galantine it's an acceptable speed and you'll loose DPS on your combo attacks.

Also if you plan to just solo with Ash you will want to stick with Steel Charge however if you want to use him in groups I would recommend Corrosive Projection for your team.

1 hour ago, Xzorn said:

Ash was and still is one of the better solo endurance frames you can play.

You'll want to build for Max Duration with a little range using Fatal Teleport. You can give him a little Power Strength if you still want to use Bladestorm. It's still decent for Sorties stuff but it's never scaled much past that level.

8ynWlEd.jpg

I would recommend something like this

Vy2NB7v.jpg

If you want to specialize further I use this with Arcane Energize, Arcane Trickery and Madurai IPS Passives.  Naramon works well too and is a bit easier to handle without the need of Trickery but the crit bonus to damage is noticeably less than Madurai.

Lq1BDVQ.jpg

For a melee weapon you can use a Covert Dagger though I often use Bleed build weapons for better kill rates past lvl 150. Galantine Prime, Venka Prime, Prisma Dual Cleavers and Atterax work well for this.

I happen to prefer Primed Reach on Galantine but the build for all the others is the same except I use Lasting Sting in place of Primed Reach. You can also sub Primed Reach for Berserk if you want a faster Fatal Teleport execute but outside Galantine it's an acceptable speed and you'll loose DPS on your combo attacks.

Also if you plan to just solo with Ash you will want to stick with Steel Charge however if you want to use him in groups I would recommend Corrosive Projection for your team.

you sir are a god

mind expanding on weps and mods? You seem like someone who knows a lot about reworked ash and thats the kind of info im looking for!'

edit u did! does range weapon matter? Also is build 2 or build 1 the build you recommend using for late game content?

also is this more of a run and smack kind of build?

Edited by Hydraa

1 hour ago, Hydraa said:

you sir are a god

mind expanding on weps and mods? You seem like someone who knows a lot about reworked ash and thats the kind of info im looking for!'

edit u did! does range weapon matter? Also is build 2 or build 1 the build you recommend using for late game content?

also is this more of a run and smack kind of build?

The first build is the one I'd recommend

The 2nd build is something I've been play testing. It's more specialized by using Arcane Energize procs to forgo Efficiency and Using Arcane Trickery with Fatal Teleport to layer his invisibility to stay safe at all times. The Trickery part still needs a little work when dealing with Nullifiers, it's not up all the time until you get to a level range where it's worth using Fatal Teleport often, which is a little over an hour into a survival.

You want as much Power Duration as possible in high level content because unlike Loki, Ash cannot Disarm and Confuse the enemy so that precious 1 second he's exposed can be deadly. You can mitigate this a lot by jumping through the air or seeking cover but it's never quite 100%. You can also use Naramon and forgo Power Duration using melee.

You Primary / Secondary doesn't matter too much, though I tend to go with Heavy Slash damage weapons or AoE for kill rate. Either works well. Things like Soma, Prisma Grakata, Tigris work well with Ash's Passive. Overall the build is set for either melee or gun play. I use gun play till around lvl 80 then swap to melee.

The style of play can vary a lot. For instance you could go with full gun play and use a Dagger with Covert Lethality and simply use Fatal Teleport to remove heavy targets rather than use up ammo on them. You can also go full melee which deals the most damage but doesn't have the best kill rate till past lvl 80.

I should mention the reason melee is strong with Ash is due to his passive, combo multipliers and stealth multipliers. All of which amplify your bleed damage output. Which is why I have a pure physical weapon setup for him so he only procs the biggest bleeds possible  It's ideal for armored enemies and does a decent job with shielded ones as well. Infested type enemies however you'd be best off with a typical front-end damage build. The newest mod Relentless Combination adds to your combo counter each time you proc a bleed and every tick that bleed inflicts. Your combo multiplier increases your bleed damage through the multiplier itself and Blood Rush, it also improves your chance to  proc bleeds via Weeping Wounds. The one mod I didn't show Lasting Sting, increases your status duration which increasing the number of ticks every bleed proc inflicts. They all work together to amplify your Bleed output and it's designed to deal with those pesky lvl 140+ heavies who can sport 98% mitigation and higher which bleed happily ignores.

The Ash rework didn't change too much for me. I never really used Bladestorm much to begin with since I'm an endurance runner and it doesn't scale very well. IMO Mesa's Peacemaker put Bladestorm out of business months ago anyways.