Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

List of questions

(XBOX)Knight Raime

Question

So after playing warframe for awhile now (about to hit my 100th day) I want to take my weapons/builds and general understanding to the next level.  So i'm going to rapid fire some questions here.  Some might be generalistic and others might be specific to a frame, weapon, etc.  Much thanks to anyone who answers.  so here we go:

~Heard specifically with Valkyr in hysteria that disruptor auras don't actually directly effect her energy.  only the units effected by this aura can effect her energy.  So.  First is this true?  and second can someone explain how disrupters work and their effects specified if it behaves differently against a certain warframe?

~another valk question.  I'm looking to get the most out of her post energy ramp up change.  Any idea how much energy efficiency/duration I should be running?  Or perhaps she's better off getting more damage in the short time that she's given now?  Looking for a build here.

~Generalistic here.  When it comes to channeled abilities I know that it's best to have both efficiency and duration mods.  However does the amount of either stat differ depending on the warframe in question?  Or is there a base % I should be looking for on frames with channeled abilities?

~i've heard the term IPS and EHP.  I know EHP is effective health pool.  But what is IPS?

~Is it possible for me to use a mod from a syndicate via trading if I don't have standing with them?  I guess what i'm asking is are those effected by MR like the weapons or not?  and if I can use them regardless of MR what kind of price can I expect for these mods in the trade chat?

~Am I correct in understanding that none of the mods that came from shadow debt work with warframe abilities?

~I currently struggle to handle enemies that around the 80 level mark and above with my weapons.  Any advice on how I should be modding them?

~what are some go to mods for higher end content? (80 level mark)  I've got your standard gold tier mods including their corrupt variants like blind rage and stuff like that.  I also have body count and blood rush.  So I guess i'm looking for mods that you'd generally use on your warframe or weapon that really bump up your damage or survivability for the higher tier content.

~can someone please explain to me exalus slots?  How they work.  where you get the thing that unlocks them and the mods for them.  If they are just like other mods that take up your mod points.  basically everything.  Never a feature i've used or bothered looking into.

I think that is everything.

9 answers to this question

10 minutes ago, (XB1)Knight Raime said:

1. i've heard the term IPS and EHP.  I know EHP is effective health pool.  But what is IPS?

2. Is it possible for me to use a mod from a syndicate via trading if I don't have standing with them?  I guess what i'm asking is are those effected by MR like the weapons or not?  and if I can use them regardless of MR what kind of price can I expect for these mods in the trade chat?

3. can someone please explain to me exalus slots?  How they work.  where you get the thing that unlocks them and the mods for them.  If they are just like other mods that take up your mod points.  basically everything.  Never a feature i've used or bothered looking into.

1. Impact, Puncture, Slash

2. yes and they are not affected by MR, once you have the mod and the corresponding weapon or warframe it goes with, you can use it. 

3. You need to get Exilus adapters and use them on the Exilus slots to unlock them, then any Exilus mods can be slotted into it, providing you have the mod space.

If by "disruptors" you mean "nullifiers", they cancel EVERY warframe ability upon contact.  One touch erases a frost globe, cancels Molecular Prime, and if you walk into their bubble, any toggle ability you had turned on is erased (like hysteria), and powers can not be used within the bubble.

I don't know anything about post energy ramp up.

Channeled abilities or toggled abilities use a certain amount of energy per "tick".  The warframe wiki lists the specifics, not all powers work the same, so there's no simple answer.  Energy cost is paid on every "tick", which is 1 tick per second.  Duration mods will extend the time between "ticks", so 200% duration means 2 seconds per tick.  The energy cost is reduced of course according to efficiency.  Since every frame power has different energy costs and many powers have different base durations, it's impossible to give one answer.

All shadow debt mods work exactly as listed, they are simply impossible to farm at the moment.  Or, I don't know of a way to farm them.  Also, No mods from Shadow debt were for Frames, the mods are all weapon mods.

I'm MR21 and I hate level 80 enemies.  They are insanely tanky.  Sancti Tigris can destroy them in only a handfull of shots, but you're stuck choosing between Ultra High Damage Single Target weapons which can take them down one at a time, or a 3 Forma Soma Prime which slowly chisels away at their astronomically massive health total.

In my experience, only max primed mods and carefully min/maxed builds, combined with careful weapon selection and the new Riven Mods for Soma or Boltor or Tonkor can really prepare you for level 80 or so content.

1 hour ago, (XB1)Knight Raime said:

~another valk question.  I'm looking to get the most out of her post energy ramp up change.  Any idea how much energy efficiency/duration I should be running?  Or perhaps she's better off getting more damage in the short time that she's given now?  Looking for a build here.

Fleeting Expertise + Streamline gives you minimal energy drain, but most people tend to mod for a bit of duration too and use the augment "Eternal War".

My Valkyr build: https://goo.gl/YLy7x6

~Generalistic here.  When it comes to channeled abilities I know that it's best to have both efficiency and duration mods.  However does the amount of either stat differ depending on the warframe in question?  Or is there a base % I should be looking for on frames with channeled abilities?

As mentioned above, Fleeting + Streamline gives minimal energy drain for every warframe (25%). The basic idea is that although Efficiency and Duration both affect drain, Efficiency is more important. See http://warframe.wikia.com/wiki/Power_Efficiency for details, it has a great chart for channeled abilities.

~i've heard the term IPS and EHP.  I know EHP is effective health pool.  But what is IPS?

Short term for Impact, Puncture, Slash. It means that a weapon deals physical damage as base damage instead of elemental (like Simulor, Dark Dagger..).

~Is it possible for me to use a mod from a syndicate via trading if I don't have standing with them?  I guess what i'm asking is are those effected by MR like the weapons or not?  and if I can use them regardless of MR what kind of price can I expect for these mods in the trade chat?

Syndicate Mods are not MR-locked. General price is 10-20p in trading, you can check https://warframe.market/ for details.

~Am I correct in understanding that none of the mods that came from shadow debt work with warframe abilities?

That is correct, at least how it is intended. Sometimes (like with Titania), it works at first, but gets fixed pretty soon after.

~I currently struggle to handle enemies that around the 80 level mark and above with my weapons.  Any advice on how I should be modding them?

The most important parts in modding weapons are:

1. Mod for crits: Generally you want to mod your weapons for crit if they have at least 15-20% crit chance.

2. Elemental damage: Each faction has different resistances for specific elements, you want to find a combination of elements, which works good against the most enemies you'll encounter. See table on http://warframe.wikia.com/wiki/Damage_2.0. Good combinations are for example: Radiation + Viral or Heat/Cold + Corrosive against Grineer, Toxin + Magnetic against Corpus, Heat/Blast + Corrosive against Infested.

3. Status: If your weapon has a good status chance, you could try to mod for status chance and use for example Corrosive (Grineer or some Corpus) or Viral (any faction) to complement your damage.

4. Last but not least, weapons: There are some weapons which are just worse than other weapons in the same category. You could try to find other weapons similar to your preferred weapons which are stronger. Very helpful is: http://warframe.wikia.com/wiki/Weapon_Comparison

~what are some go to mods for higher end content? (80 level mark)  I've got your standard gold tier mods including their corrupt variants like blind rage and stuff like that.  I also have body count and blood rush.  So I guess i'm looking for mods that you'd generally use on your warframe or weapon that really bump up your damage or survivability for the higher tier content.

There are many very important mods. Some of the mods which I use very often to always include:

Rifle: Serration, Heavy Caliber, Vile Acceleration, Split Chamber, Primed Cryo Rounds

Shotgun: Primed Point Blank, Hell's Chamber, Blaze

Secondary: Hornet Strike, Lethal Torrent, Barrel Diffusion, Gunslinger

Melee: Pressure Point, Body Count/Drifting Contact (don't know if it is already available on consoles), (Primed) Fury, Spoiled Strike, Blood Rush, Maiming Strike

Warframe: very dependant on frame, there is no mod which I use on every frame. Almost always use at least one defensive mod and one efficiency mod.

And another tip of course: Rank up your mods. If you wanna tackle lvl 80 enemies, I'd suggest you rank all mods you use at least to rank 7 or 8.

~can someone please explain to me exalus slots?  How they work.  where you get the thing that unlocks them and the mods for them.  If they are just like other mods that take up your mod points.  basically everything.  Never a feature i've used or bothered looking into.

I think that is everything.

Again, wiki is your friend: http://warframe.wikia.com/wiki/Exilus_Adapter. You can get Exilus Adapter blueprints from Cephalon Simaris in the relays or you can get them from sorties. You can then use them on the Exilus slot in warframes, which unlocks the slot. The wiki page also links you to all Exilus mods. They are some pretty cool additions, but not necessary.

Edited by bluepheonix13
typo

7 minutes ago, EvilKam said:

All shadow debt mods work exactly as listed, they are simply impossible to farm at the moment.  Or, I don't know of a way to farm them. 

Orokin Moon Spy has some of them.

7 minutes ago, EvilKam said:

and the new Riven Mods for Soma or Boltor or Tonkor can really prepare you for level 80 or so content.

He is on console. Also, lvl 80 was already pretty doable without them and without the meta weapons you mentioned.

5 hours ago, EvilKam said:

If by "disruptors" you mean "nullifiers", they cancel EVERY warframe ability upon contact.  One touch erases a frost globe, cancels Molecular Prime, and if you walk into their bubble, any toggle ability you had turned on is erased (like hysteria), and powers can not be used within the bubble.

I don't know anything about post energy ramp up.

Channeled abilities or toggled abilities use a certain amount of energy per "tick".  The warframe wiki lists the specifics, not all powers work the same, so there's no simple answer.  Energy cost is paid on every "tick", which is 1 tick per second.  Duration mods will extend the time between "ticks", so 200% duration means 2 seconds per tick.  The energy cost is reduced of course according to efficiency.  Since every frame power has different energy costs and many powers have different base durations, it's impossible to give one answer.

All shadow debt mods work exactly as listed, they are simply impossible to farm at the moment.  Or, I don't know of a way to farm them.  Also, No mods from Shadow debt were for Frames, the mods are all weapon mods.

I'm MR21 and I hate level 80 enemies.  They are insanely tanky.  Sancti Tigris can destroy them in only a handfull of shots, but you're stuck choosing between Ultra High Damage Single Target weapons which can take them down one at a time, or a 3 Forma Soma Prime which slowly chisels away at their astronomically massive health total.

In my experience, only max primed mods and carefully min/maxed builds, combined with careful weapon selection and the new Riven Mods for Soma or Boltor or Tonkor can really prepare you for level 80 or so content.

I'm not sure what the person meant when they said disruptor.  I think they might have been referring to disruption ancients.  I know what the shadow mods are I was asking if the melee shadow debt mods worked for exaulted abilities.  Hopefully I get a good build then because when TWW drops for console I want to start doing sorties for them riven mods.

5 hours ago, bluepheonix13 said:

Fleeting Expertise + Streamline gives you minimal energy drain, but most people tend to mod for a bit of duration too and use the augment "Eternal War".

My Valkyr build: https://goo.gl/YLy7x6

As mentioned above, Fleeting + Streamline gives minimal energy drain for every warframe (25%). The basic idea is that although Efficiency and Duration both affect drain, Efficiency is more important. See http://warframe.wikia.com/wiki/Power_Efficiency for details, it has a great chart for channeled abilities.

Short term for Impact, Puncture, Slash. It means that a weapon deals physical damage as base damage instead of elemental (like Simulor, Dark Dagger..).

Syndicate Mods are not MR-locked. General price is 10-20p in trading, you can check https://warframe.market/ for details.

That is correct, at least how it is intended. Sometimes (like with Titania), it works at first, but gets fixed pretty soon after.

The most important parts in modding weapons are:

1. Mod for crits: Generally you want to mod your weapons for crit if they have at least 15-20% crit chance.

2. Elemental damage: Each faction has different resistances for specific elements, you want to find a combination of elements, which works good against the most enemies you'll encounter. See table on http://warframe.wikia.com/wiki/Damage_2.0. Good combinations are for example: Radiation + Viral or Heat/Cold + Corrosive against Grineer, Toxin + Magnetic against Corpus, Heat/Blast + Corrosive against Infested.

3. Status: If your weapon has a good status chance, you could try to mod for status chance and use for example Corrosive (Grineer or some Corpus) or Viral (any faction) to complement your damage.

4. Last but not least, weapons: There are some weapons which are just worse than other weapons in the same category. You could try to find other weapons similar to your preferred weapons which are stronger. Very helpful is: http://warframe.wikia.com/wiki/Weapon_Comparison

There are many very important mods. Some of the mods which I use very often to always include:

Rifle: Serration, Heavy Caliber, Vile Acceleration, Split Chamber, Primed Cryo Rounds

Shotgun: Primed Point Blank, Hell's Chamber, Blaze

Secondary: Hornet Strike, Lethal Torrent, Barrel Diffusion, Gunslinger

Melee: Pressure Point, Body Count/Drifting Contact (don't know if it is already available on consoles), (Primed) Fury, Spoiled Strike, Blood Rush, Maiming Strike

Warframe: very dependant on frame, there is no mod which I use on every frame. Almost always use at least one defensive mod and one efficiency mod.

And another tip of course: Rank up your mods. If you wanna tackle lvl 80 enemies, I'd suggest you rank all mods you use at least to rank 7 or 8.

Again, wiki is your friend: http://warframe.wikia.com/wiki/Exilus_Adapter. You can get Exilus Adapter blueprints from Cephalon Simaris in the relays or you can get them from sorties. You can then use them on the Exilus slot in warframes, which unlocks the slot. The wiki page also links you to all Exilus mods. They are some pretty cool additions, but not necessary.

I appreciate this long reply. Interesting to see steel fiber on there.  I've heard most go against throwing it on any build that utilizes rage.  If I don't use the exalus mod slot on your build I only need one forma right?  I haven't forma'd any warframe yet.  Are IPS mods even worth considering? that price seems reasonable.  Hopefully I can find some reasonable sellers on market.  for whatever reason things seem to be more expensive on console.  Sounds like i'm mostly modding correctly and just need to add more elemental damage.  Speaking of mods though are faction specific ones (like cleanse grineer) even worth adding in? Sounds like i've got myself covered on mods too aside from a few syndicate mods and primed mods.

I was mainly asking about 80+ enemies as I plan on tackling sorties when TWW is dropped for us on console.  Do you have a setup that would be reliable in sorties?

Exilus mods still cost mod points, and if you're going to use one frame a lot, I usually end up putting 1 or 2 forma on EVERY frame.  Only a few happen to just be "awesome enough as is".

IPS mods are SOMETIMES worth considering.  Faction specific mods are GREAT, if you like tweaking your build often enough to make sure you're always equipped with the right loadout, although it can be problematic when facing corrupted void enemies.  I don't use IPS mods except on Opticor and personally never use faction mods because I ... can't keep my A/B/C slots straight.  So, I suck.

The IPS and damage is touched on in my guide, but at 100 days, you don't really need it anymore.  DARN YOU FOR NOT BEING A NEWBIE.  XD

Edited by EvilKam

18 hours ago, (XB1)Knight Raime said:

I appreciate this long reply. Interesting to see steel fiber on there.  I've heard most go against throwing it on any build that utilizes rage.

With the change on Hysteria not long ago, it became just not feasible to be permanently in Hysteria, so you have to deactivate it sometimes and I don't wanna get downed with a few shots in sorties.

If I don't use the exalus mod slot on your build I only need one forma right?  I haven't forma'd any warframe yet.  

Yes, this build only needs 1 Vazarin polartiy if you don't want the Exilus slot. I like Speed Drift because it makes Valkyr a bit more mobile and reduces casting time a bit.

Are IPS mods even worth considering?

Depends on your weapon. If your weapon does at least 75% of its damage in a specific type, the 120% physical mods become stronger than elemental mods raw damage wise. But it also depends on the faction you are fighting. Since Impact is not useful on Grineer, I would not put Crash Course on a Cernos variant, although it does most of its damage as Impact. I often use Buzz Kill on Galatine Prime and Prisma Dual Cleavers, Bore on Lex Prime and Rakta Ballistica and Sweeping Serration on Sancti Tigris/Tigris Prime.

Sounds like i'm mostly modding correctly and just need to add more elemental damage.

The only time I'm not using elemental damage is when fighting an "Elemental Enhancement" sortie.

Speaking of mods though are faction specific ones (like cleanse grineer) even worth adding in?

By itself, they are not strong mods, but the way mods in warframe work makes them stronger (in comparison to others) the more other mods are already on your weapon. That is because the bonus from banes/cleanses/expels/smites multiplies all your damage against the specific faction, while the bonus from multiple elemental mods gets added. When fighting multiple factions in one mission they are generally not worth it though.

Calculation: For example, if you have 4 elemental mods (+90% damage), you would have 1+4*0.9=4.6 times your base damage. If you switch one elemental for a bane/cleanse/expel/smite instead, you get (1+3*0.9)*(1+0.3)=4.81 times your base damage. If you have a Primed Bane on your rifle, the bonus is even higher: (1+3*0.9)*(1+0.55)=5.735 times base damage.

Sounds like i've got myself covered on mods too aside from a few syndicate mods and primed mods.

Syndicate mods and primed mods are just really nice extras, but not necessary.

I was mainly asking about 80+ enemies as I plan on tackling sorties when TWW is dropped for us on console.  Do you have a setup that would be reliable in sorties?

Strongly depends on sortie type. There are very many different modifiers, which makes some frames/weapons better or worse. My favorite loadout is a Slow Nova with a Tigris variant to instantly charge her 2nd ability, Antimatter Drop (200k Radiation damage, very devastating against alloy armor), Rakta Ballistica or Akstiletto Prime as Secondary and Orthos Prime with Blood Rush and Maiming Strike as Melee. Not that good of a loadout in a Corpus Survival though, for which I mainly use Mesa or Inaros, but with the same weapons.

Edit: Since you seem to like Valkyr, anytime the sortie does not involve defending an objective/operative and you don't have defensive frames, Valkyr is pretty viable to kill enemies and resurrect teammates. I also play Valkyr in sorties sometimes and what works pretty good for me is the Galatine (Prime). Not only do I think it looks beautiful on her, it also complements her short range in Hysteria when fighting against Corpus nullifiers for example and you can disregard Attack Speed mods on Galatine and use more damage increasing mods, because Valkyr has her Warcry.

Edited by bluepheonix13
added info

3 hours ago, bluepheonix13 said:

With the change on Hysteria not long ago, it became just not feasible to be permanently in Hysteria, so you have to deactivate it sometimes and I don't wanna get downed with a few shots in sorties.

Yes, this build only needs 1 Vazarin polartiy if you don't want the Exilus slot. I like Speed Drift because it makes Valkyr a bit more mobile and reduces casting time a bit.

Depends on your weapon. If your weapon does at least 75% of its damage in a specific type, the 120% physical mods become stronger than elemental mods raw damage wise. But it also depends on the faction you are fighting. Since Impact is not useful on Grineer, I would not put Crash Course on a Cernos variant, although it does most of its damage as Impact. I often use Buzz Kill on Galatine Prime and Prisma Dual Cleavers, Bore on Lex Prime and Rakta Ballistica and Sweeping Serration on Sancti Tigris/Tigris Prime.

The only time I'm not using elemental damage is when fighting an "Elemental Enhancement" sortie.

By itself, they are not strong mods, but the way mods in warframe work makes them stronger (in comparison to others) the more other mods are already on your weapon. That is because the bonus from banes/cleanses/expels/smites multiplies all your damage against the specific faction, while the bonus from multiple elemental mods gets added. When fighting multiple factions in one mission they are generally not worth it though.

Calculation: For example, if you have 4 elemental mods (+90% damage), you would have 1+4*0.9=4.6 times your base damage. If you switch one elemental for a bane/cleanse/expel/smite instead, you get (1+3*0.9)*(1+0.3)=4.81 times your base damage. If you have a Primed Bane on your rifle, the bonus is even higher: (1+3*0.9)*(1+0.55)=5.735 times base damage.

Syndicate mods and primed mods are just really nice extras, but not necessary.

Strongly depends on sortie type. There are very many different modifiers, which makes some frames/weapons better or worse. My favorite loadout is a Slow Nova with a Tigris variant to instantly charge her 2nd ability, Antimatter Drop (200k Radiation damage, very devastating against alloy armor), Rakta Ballistica or Akstiletto Prime as Secondary and Orthos Prime with Blood Rush and Maiming Strike as Melee. Not that good of a loadout in a Corpus Survival though, for which I mainly use Mesa or Inaros, but with the same weapons.

Edit: Since you seem to like Valkyr, anytime the sortie does not involve defending an objective/operative and you don't have defensive frames, Valkyr is pretty viable to kill enemies and resurrect teammates. I also play Valkyr in sorties sometimes and what works pretty good for me is the Galatine (Prime). Not only do I think it looks beautiful on her, it also complements her short range in Hysteria when fighting against Corpus nullifiers for example and you can disregard Attack Speed mods on Galatine and use more damage increasing mods, because Valkyr has her Warcry.

thanks again. looks like ill need to grab a few elemental mods and prob start using forma. unfortunately im only MR 9 so i cant use tigris or galatine prime.