Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Radiant Secrets (Semi-Open IC RP)

Rakawan

2 minutes ago, Sartactics said:

*Valentine begins to feel suspicious about this but he goes through anyway*

You land hard on a patch of rock. 

A few seconds later an energy field appears, above, gently catching the few rocks that fell with you.

Torches flicker on down a long hallway. This one is actually clear.

There is a slot in the wall about the size of the tablet.

Just now, Rakawan said:

You land hard on a patch of rock. 

A few seconds later an energy field appears, above, gently catching the few rocks that fell with you.

Torches flicker on down a long hallway. This one is actually clear.

There is a slot in the wall about the size of the tablet.

I feel like either Ryoko is totally setting tricks up my sleeves or this is unintentionally unintended. *he says as he inserts the tablet into the slot*

Just now, Sartactics said:

I feel like either Ryoko is totally setting tricks up my sleeves or this is unintentionally unintended. *he says as he inserts the tablet into the slot*

The words on it change and this time it is in an understandable tongue.

"Torn apart by golden steel,

For I, too proud, refused to kneel.

To find my key, my tomb you'll seek, 

But turn back now if heart is weak."

It is signed. "Arteas, Keeper of Relics."

The tablet falls loose again, dirt crumbling from it to reveal ornate golden framework.

The door at the end of the hall opens.

2 minutes ago, Rakawan said:

The words on it change and this time it is in an understandable tongue.

"Torn apart by golden steel,

For I, too proud, refused to kneel.

To find my key, my tomb you'll seek, 

But turn back now if heart is weak."

It is signed. "Arteas, Keeper of Relics."

The tablet falls loose again, dirt crumbling from it to reveal ornate golden framework.

The door at the end of the hall opens.

*Valentine remembers as it was mentioned by the one who left him the ring the name but he can't be so sure about this. He sees the hall opens and walk in.*

2 minutes ago, Sartactics said:

*Valentine remembers as it was mentioned by the one who left him the ring the name but he can't be so sure about this. He sees the hall opens and walk in.*

"Welcome junior adventurer, to the Lost Tomb." A voice says. "Here are treasures for all ages. But be warned, this tomb is filled with deadly traps. One wrong step, and you'll have to start all ov...."

The image wavers and changes. 

"What I wouldn't give to have seen even one child complete the game." Arteas says, standing behind a desk. A Dakra and Lex Prime sit on the table before him. "The joy at finding 'treasures'. The terror as a 'trap' triggers."

He sighs.

"But I have run out of time." He says. "And now I am forced to take what could have been an educational game, and make it far too real. The traps you face are real now, but so to is the prize at the end. My life, my work, my legacy. May the Void guide you, for she has forsaken me."

The image vanishes and you see another slot.

Just now, Rakawan said:

"Welcome junior adventurer, to the Lost Tomb." A voice says. "Here are treasures for all ages. But be warned, this tomb is filled with deadly traps. One wrong step, and you'll have to start all ov...."

The image wavers and changes. 

"What I wouldn't give to have seen even one child complete the game." Arteas says, standing behind a desk. A Dakra and Lex Prime sit on the table before him. "The joy at finding 'treasures'. The terror as a 'trap' triggers."

He sighs.

"But I have run out of time." He says. "And now I am forced to take what could have been an educational game, and make it far too real. The traps you face are real now, but so to is the prize at the end. My life, my work, my legacy. May the Void guide you, for she has forsaken me."

The image vanishes and you see another slot.

Wait, who is this she? He can't mean the lady in the recording right? *he goes up to the slot*

1 hour ago, Sartactics said:

Wait, who is this she? He can't mean the lady in the recording right? *he goes up to the slot*

Placing tablet in the slot reveals the following rhyme as two doors open.

"One door to death, one door to life,

The guides before will cause you strife.

One is false, the other true. 

But only once will they answer you."

Two holographs appear outside the doors.

Edited by Rakawan

29 minutes ago, Rakawan said:

Placing tablet in the slot reveals the following rhyme as two doors open.

"One door to death, one door to life,

The guides before will cause you strife.

One is false, the other true. 

But only once will they answer you."

Two holographs appear outside the door. 

*Valentine chooses which one to go through ignoring the holograms*

7 minutes ago, Sartactics said:

*Valentine chooses which one to go through ignoring the holograms*

As soon as you step into the hallway you are teleported back into the room. It appears you must solve the riddle first.

Words appear on the wall.

"Luck alone will not prevail,

Reject the mind and you will fail."

Edited by Rakawan

9 minutes ago, Rakawan said:

As soon as you step into the hallway you are teleported back into the room. It appears you must solve the riddle first.

Words appear on the wall.

"Luck alone will not prevail,

Reject the mind and you will fail."

*He repeats the riddle while figuring a way to solve it. He has a feeling that he doesn't just guess but has to believe which one is the real one*

1 minute ago, Sartactics said:

*He repeats the riddle while figuring a way to solve it. He has a feeling that he doesn't just guess but has to believe which one is the real one*

You recall that you still have comms with you. Perhaps you could ask for help.

Just now, Rakawan said:

"Ahh Valentine." Felicity says. "Find something interesting?"

Valentine: Well yes miss and it involves riddles. One in particular revolves around using not just luck but also the mind. *later he repeats the riddle for Felicity to see if she can help*

Just now, Sartactics said:

Valentine: Well yes miss and it involves riddles. One in particular revolves around using not just luck but also the mind. *later he repeats the riddle for Felicity to see if she can help*

"Ooh." She says. "I almost remember that one. They used to teach it in the schools. One of the guides will only tell lies, the other will only speak the truth. But you can only ask one question."

She scratches her chin.

"The solution wasn't finding which was which, but accounting for the one lying." She says. "Something about opposites."

5 minutes ago, Rakawan said:

"Ooh." She says. "I almost remember that one. They used to teach it in the schools. One of the guides will only tell lies, the other will only speak the truth. But you can only ask one question."

She scratches her chin.

"The solution wasn't finding which was which, but accounting for the one lying." She says. "Something about opposites."

Valentine: So I have to explain to the lying one about the opposites. I feel like there's something I'm missing here.

6 minutes ago, Sartactics said:

Valentine: So I have to explain to the lying one about the opposites. I feel like there's something I'm missing here.

"If you knew which one was lying you could just ask them what the safe path was and do the opposite." She says. 

On 12/8/2016 at 3:13 PM, (Xbox One)Vatasblubber said:

He looks disappointed "Something on my sister, Samantha Procul." He sits down and sighs 

((I need to leave and probably won't be back until Monday so bye))

"There is nothing." Felicity says. "However I could ask the clan to put out a watch alert. That way if someone sees her, you'll know."

On 12/9/2016 at 6:06 PM, Sartactics said:

Valentine: Will do miss. *he closes off their comms. Later he asks one of them is the safe way*

"Valentine." Ryoko says over the comms. "Where are you. I found something you might be interested in."