Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Already have Galatine prime, should I work towards Nikana prime?

spatakiller123

Question

Before you say "umm Galatine p and Nikana p are 2 separate things"..

Yes, it is hard to compare them directly which is why my thread isn't named "Nikana p vs Galatine p"

You see....I already have the Galatine prime as my melee weapon of choice when doing endgame content but recently I have been interested in the Nikana prime since it is also pretty good and can finally make my Excal look like Genji.However, all of the Nikana p parts are rare so it will be a pain to farm and trying to buy the parts from trade chat will probably give me cancer.So, is the Nikana p worth my time/plat when I already have a good endgame melee?

13 answers to this question

i Own both weapons and i suggest getting Nikana prime, it is indeed quite a good weapon and in damage i do not notice a big difference between the 2, the onyl things that are noticeable are attach range and attack speed

Has already been said but....  Yes.  If you dont farm for it now you will regret when it gets vaulted and you have the time to then farm.

Own both, really enjoyed the nikana prime for a long time, it will not take up your galatine primes position for end game but it is a really good weapon all the same.  Do it for the MR if not anything else

Power-wise, both melee weapons are at the top of their game, there's no denying that. Personally, though, I like nikana prime more since it fits the "ninja" theme better than a giant buster sword.

Come to think of it, doesn't Warframe kind of remind you of Naruto? They're "ninjas" with freakish powers.

Eh weapons with lots of damage + range typically take the cake unfortunately. I mean it doesn't mean other weapons aren't "viable" it's just weapons like galatine prime have massive damage, reach, great combos with great modifiers on them etc. They may lack speed but berserker takes all of that away.

I would still build it though because some frames such as excal get some nice bonuses to exalted blade using it.