Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

New Ideas for Rivens

Sharpstriker

Riven as DE put it, are meant to change up the meta and bring previously looked over to the forefront, along with giving quirky new abilities for weapons.

However, most riven that I've seen are just mashups of other mods with nothing quirky or unique.

here are some ideas for riven effects.

• minor energy/ health regen on special kills (headshot, stealth kill, finisher, etc).
  • Increased base health/ shields/ armor (what you start out on missions).
  • Increase in armor based on kill streak for a short period of time.
  • attacks from you can heal/ restore shields/ or increase armor for allies if you attack them.
  • Increased base movement speed, sprint speed, bullet jump distance and speed, or general evasion. Or a steady increase in these aspects if certain conditions are met (conditions = whatever the mod asks for).
  • switching out the damage of an attack to instead cause a stun effect like a taser bullet, adhesive bullet, etc (good as secondary to whichever weapon type you main.

Here are some idea for Riven mods that change mechanics of the weapon (I know this would hard to implement, but I think DE, given enough time to develop and enough patience from the community, can do it)

For non-energy based weapons

• switch the fire type from either semi-automatic, burst fire, full auto to any other the others.

For energy based weapons

• switch the fire types like the non-energy based weapon along with a shotgun fire type.
  • Also add a charged up canon fire mode for energy weapons. like have the supra whose individual bullet can't do much on their own. but say charge up the weapon and release the blast which will consume the same amount of ammo as how much of the weapon was charged up, the damage will also work this way. could make the supra and other energy weapons capable to taking out more tankier enemies.

Anyway, these are my thought on the matter, and i know they are very far fetched, so you don't need to tell me. I just think this will help add more uniqueness to player loadouts.

4 minutes ago, Sharpstriker said:

I just think this will help add more uniqueness to player loadouts.

Yep, these are the types of mods I have been hoping for ever since the weapon specific rathuum mods came out (I believe those were the first of their kind right?).

Mashing together pre-existing mods is great for a few weapons, good from some weapons, and pointlessly useless on many weapons.  Overall people will likely still gravitate towards the meta or just use their favorites regardless of riven stats.  90% of trade chat is people seeking cernos/simulor/tonkor mods for astounding prices.

10 hours ago, (PS4)KamirooWolf said:

I'm excited to be able to use them as they are, but do agree they have a lot of potential as to the direction in which they could go.

Eh, right now they feel very limited, and just a substitute to buffing the weapons. With this you have multiple options on what to do outside of just increasing DPS. But, Riven are still in their infant stages and I hope they develop more as time passes.

some more ideas.

a twin grappling hook for weapons. Fire one side at an object or an enemy and then fir the other side at whatever you want. This could be used to pull explosive barrels or seeker grenades towards enemies or the wall near enemies, pull enemies toward toward each other or the walls, etc.

For laser weapons, add a continuous laser fire mode to the list.