Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Titanfall 2's campaign is pretty good.

(XBOX)Grihaly

There was a few trial for the multiplayer this weekend for Titanfall 2, tried it out, loved it. They had a deal going for it, $35 so of course I couldn't pass that up on a practically brand new game. So then I try the campaign, and the last time I felt that immersed in a campaign was probably Spec Ops: The Line. Now TF2's campaign isn't some kind of novel adaptation or anything like that, it's just fun and intriguing. There's a handful of bosses you have to fight along the way and each gets introduced a little bit like a Borderlands boss, and they each have their own unique personality, they're not just generic bosses. The fights maybe could have been a bit better (save for one that is near perfect) as they all felt way too short. There was one boss in particular that is my absolute favorite, his callsign is 'Viper' and his existence, fighting mechanics, and a good chunk of what he says are Top Gun references, one my favorite movies of all time. I don't want to spoil how awesome his first appearance is, but his fight by far takes the cake. A few plot points throughout were predictable and albeit tacky, but overall it's a 9/10, go buy it! Multiplayer is also fantastic, a direct improvement from TF1.

Great review, Grizz! 9 out of 10 sounds good to me.

I saw videos of earlier game play, and I kinda shy away from it thinking it could be COD with mechs. I played a lot of COD and have gotten tired of it.

The weapons looks fantastic too and heard the controls feel solid. Did you feel your mech to be underpowered? I heard complaints that they did better without the mech on some areas.

I'll give Titanfall 2 a try. Thank you. 

On 12/7/2016 at 11:29 AM, (PS4)makrisbrik said:

Great review, Grizz! 9 out of 10 sounds good to me.

I saw videos of earlier game play, and I kinda shy away from it thinking it could be COD with mechs. I played a lot of COD and have gotten tired of it.

The weapons looks fantastic too and heard the controls feel solid. Did you feel your mech to be underpowered? I heard complaints that they did better without the mech on some areas.

I'll give Titanfall 2 a try. Thank you. 

TTK is short like CoD but that's about where the similarities end. At first the Titans felt weaker but that's because I wasn't used to them yet, it isn't just this loadout on that Titan, they have their own specific weapons and abilities. Each has its own niche, and once you've got it down you're a goddamn killing machine!

On 12/10/2016 at 7:58 PM, (Xbox One)A Frikn Grizzly said:

TTK is short like CoD but that's about where the similarities end. At first the Titans felt weaker but that's because I wasn't used to them yet, it isn't just this loadout on that Titan, they have their own specific weapons and abilities. Each has its own niche, and once you've got it down you're a goddamn killing machine!

Got it, and thanks. I'll get Titanfall 2 this friday along with Rise of the Tomb Raider. You did another awesome review with Rise and I'm just about get it for PS4.