The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Radshare etiquette

ChuckMaverick

So with Ember being unvaulted I find myself for the first time in the position of wanting to do radshare fissure runs.

Never having done one before, I thought I'd start a discussion with the community about radshare etiquette, to see what common practice is and so that I don't make an &#! of myself.

How, exactly, do radshares work in your experience?

I'm assuming you don't all run with radiant relics for the very first cycle, but instead take turns with everyone putting up a junk relic when it's not their turn. Is this correct?

If you get the drop you're after on the first cycle, what happens? Do you continue and run all four radiant relics anyway?

Help out a radshare noob, please!

Everyone puts up their Radiant relic at the same time to get the best chance of getting the desired item in the fewest runs possible.
If you get the item you wanted, people just leave and that's that.

There's very little to it, really. 

Oh, someone can still screw you over, it's just harder.

Once upon a time there was a premade group doing a radshare, and one of their members lost connection. Unaware of this group's existence, Aurea_Hiigara joined a group in progress and ended up in this premade with a different relic than they were running.

The group leader hadn't noticed his original member dropping and someone else joining, so near the end of the mission he FLIPPED OUT. Yelling and screaming, and poor Aurea had no idea what was wrong until the other members came to my rescue.

Fortunately they got the drop they wanted from one of the remaining three members so all was right with the world in the end.

26 minutes ago, ChuckMaverick said:

So with Ember being unvaulted I find myself for the first time in the position of wanting to do radshare fissure runs.

Never having done one before, I thought I'd start a discussion with the community about radshare etiquette, to see what common practice is and so that I don't make an &#! of myself.

How, exactly, do radshares work in your experience?

I'm assuming you don't all run with radiant relics for the very first cycle, but instead take turns with everyone putting up a junk relic when it's not their turn. Is this correct?

If you get the drop you're after on the first cycle, what happens? Do you continue and run all four radiant relics anyway?

Help out a radshare noob, please!

You run em all together, otherwise you risk that the other people will cut 'n run. Also be sure to check their relics ingame after the game starts, and abort if they arent all the same radiant relic. You'd be amaaaaazed how many people try to sneak and scam you out of your relic.

If you have a group of people you trust, do an endless and each of you put up one radiant and 3 trash untill 20m/4 waves/20 rounds/whatever. Its more efficient but you need to trust your team. Also its better for replenishing those traces.

Edited by Skaleek

1 minute ago, Buff00n said:

Even with four radiant relics at there's only a 5.23% chance of two or more rare rewards dropping from the same fissure mission.  Running them all at once is faster, harder to cheat, and has a pretty low chance of being inefficient.

Yep, except for unvaulted radshares where you may want every item that drops from those relics, but instead of possibly getting four of them, you can at most get one if you run all relics at once.

10 minutes ago, ChuckMaverick said:

Yep, except for unvaulted radshares where you may want every item that drops from those relics, but instead of possibly getting four of them, you can at most get one if you run all relics at once.

This is true.  

On PC, the last unvaulting was in progress when the SoTR relic switch over happened, so everyone with a large void key stockpile got them turned into a huge pile of Mag/Dakra/Boar relics.  I still have tons of them.

This time is different; it's the first time we've only had a month to collect new unvaulted relics, and the first time all the unvaulted items have been concentrated in just four relics.  It's possible you might see more of the "one at a time" shares with these particular relics.  However, I personally don't recall the old void keysharing days of constant betrayal with much fondness.

Edited by Buff00n