Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Returning Player from very 1st Launch

__KuroAx

Question

Hey guys, names Axel (irl). Returning player looking for a sensei (if you will) who knows well the ways of nekros, ivara, and Ash. I have the 2 forma build (V & aug. Polarities) down packed for everyone but its still not fitting the gameplay like I'd like it to. I have all augments maxed and 1/2 maxed on all essential warframe mods (Narrow M., Fleeting Ex., etc.). However, I do not have primed flow or cont. so I know I'm at a bit of a disadvantage probably :/. I hate taking my favorite warframes in Public survivals or defenses and they not perform to my endgame needs. I'm the forward assassin so stealth, speed, duration are very important to me. I cant play with any other frames. I have tried and only these 3 have worked best for me. I'm 21 and in school so plat isn't really an option like that unless a drizzle of coupons passes by and I catch one stuck in my login rewards. I know I typed alot, just wanted you to know what I'm dealing with. Help please? 

5 answers to this question

This is the Ash build I recommend to others. I personally use a more specialized version with arcanes.

8ynWlEd.jpg

This is set up for max stealth time with fatal teleport so you can either use a good melee weapon or use guns with a dagger which will cause fatal teleport to instantly kill enemies. It has a functional Bladestorm but for the most part I personally don't use it much.

This is the Nekros build I use exclusively.

7oy4LSS.jpg

You can swap different mods here depending on your needs. You have 87% mitigation through Shield of Shadows at base value. If you summon a pet that also summons pets, you easily cap to 90%. You can also sub the Aura slot freely. If you want something even more tanky you can replace Stretch with Health Conversion and Cunning Drift with Power Drift.

This is my general use Ivara build

wARiIM2.jpg

Ivara's builds can vary a bit depending on what you're trying to do. Generally fluctuating between Duration, Range and Strength. I find a build with more Range/Duration works best for her though I keep a Strength build around for her Artemis. You can swap Intensify for Stretch if you want a little more range You may also want to find room for Vitatlity or Quick Thinking.. Ivara has a good amount of build diversity to fill different needs.

Edited by Xzorn

Xzorn summed them up pretty well. I'm still experimenting with Ash.

Ivara is my goto frame of choice. My build is a slight variation of Xzorn's general build. I increased Strength with lower Duration. I also keep her Infiltrate augment on all the time. Higher strength also gives more speed when in Prowl with Infiltrate mod.

Don't be afraid to use a sniper rifle with Ivara. She's one of the few frames that can beast with them.

As for Ash, the best advise I can give is to just keep Bladestorm in active targeting mode. This will allow you to activate it at a moments notice.

Have fun fellow Tenno.

Thank you, Tenno (plural). This really helped me a lot. I had such trouble with Ivara's movement speed in Prowl. When I use ivara, I'm always in prowl and using artemis so strength and efficiency important to me. With Ash, His fatal teleport build is tricky to me because it seems like it doesn't really need the strength like that due to the Aug mod for him but I think I get it now. And As for nekros, the build shown makes a major sacrifice on efficiency, is there like a more balanced build for him?

9 hours ago, Xzorn said:

This is the Nekros build I use exclusively.

7oy4LSS.jpg

You can swap different mods here depending on your needs. You have 87% mitigation through Shield of Shadows at base value. If you summon a pet that also summons pets, you easily cap to 90%. You can also sub the Aura slot freely. If you want something even more tanky you can replace Stretch with Health Conversion and Cunning Drift with Power Drift.

I don't understand a couple things about this Nekros build.  

Why so much range?  Nekros range isn't something you want to gimp but why take 2 mod slots to add to it?

Why Rejuvenation?  Shouldn't equilibrium and desecrate drops take care of health?  in fact, if you put on hea'th conversion, you always want to be a little damaged (from despoil) so you can keep picking up health orbs.

EDIT:nevermind.  your health losses from despoil must be huge with low efficiency.

Your Shadows of the Dead must be expensive to cast at 45 percent efficiency.  Does Equilibrium make up for it?  or do you use Zenurik?

Edited by (XB1)ThermalStone

27 minutes ago, (Xbox One)ThermalStone said:

I don't understand a couple things about this Nekros build.  

Why so much range?  Nekros range isn't something you want to gimp but why take 2 mod slots to add to it?

Why Rejuvenation?  Shouldn't equilibrium and desecrate drops take care of health?  in fact, if you put on hea'th conversion, you always want to be a little damaged (from despoil) so you can keep picking up health orbs.

EDIT:nevermind.  your health losses from despoil must be huge with low efficiency.

Your Shadows of the Dead must be expensive to cast at 45 percent efficiency.  Does Equilibrium make up for it?  or do you use Zenurik?

The range is mostly for Desecrate in groups. It helps a little with Fear and gives the Shadows a longer leash. Using Stretch + Cunning Drift allow him to reach max or very near max mitigation with a single Power Strength mod. You would have to take up 2 or 3 slots for Power Strength otherwise and the lower efficiency actually plays better for Nekros IMO. I've never felt the need to make him more tanky than he already is so  I'd rather give the group more room to get loot.

Rejuvenation is just what I had on at the time, I think I was doing Heiracon or something. I mostly run Corrosive Projection. I left the Aura slot open so I could switch to whatever.

The Shadows are a means of dumping his energy pool so he can make the most use of Equilibrium which more than keeps up with energy needs. Anytime your energy is full you recast them and having the Shadows cost more results in more room for health return via energy orbs. I don't use Zenruik for that reason. He has more than enough health return as long as his energy pool is not full for long periods. Being an orb hog also synergizes well with Arcane Eruption / Arcane Pulse.