Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Braton Prime Questions (2)

Endless_Destruction

Question

14 answers to this question

Comparing the Braton Prime and the Soma Prime is like comparing apples to oranges. Two different play styles for each. Should you build it: If you care about mastery rank then at least build it to get that much. If you don't care about mastery at all pick up the regular burston and see if you like how the weapon feels, if you like it then build the primed version, if not then don't bother. "This or that" questions 9 out of 10 times boil down to personal preference. 

As for the selling price for pretty much anything you can use: https://warframe.market/ whether it's to buy/sell on there or to just get an idea of market prices it's a good resource. Which looking there a Braton Prime set averages around 30p.

Some people love soma prime, others love braton prime. I'm in the braton fan group personally, I think it's a fantastic slash based weapon that gets the job done.

The problem is your reserve ammo is very low and the gun falls off against higher level enemies, not because it cant keep up, but because you run out of ammo very easily.

1 hour ago, Endless_Destruction said:
  1. Should I build it, and if so, will I be using it regularly along with the Soma Prime? If it is comparable to the Soma Prime (which I love to use), then how would I mod it?
  2. Should I sell it instead, and if so, what would be a fair asking price?

braton prime is a good weapon. 6 forma: serration heavy caliber, split chamber, shred, 2x 90 elemental, 2x status mods. 

Braton Prime has a more specific use these days.

It makes a very good armor shredding weapon. It even kills level 150+ Gunners/Napalm/Bombards faster than Soma Prime.

I wouldn't think you'd use it more than Soma Prime but it does have a use, if that's worth while to you.

40 minutes ago, Endless_Destruction said:

Thanks for the help, I've decided to build it. Is it worth it to build a hybrid crit-status build?

With a Riven a hybrid crit status is good and viable.

Otherwise you'll want to forma it so you can switch between the two. Status works better for Grineer while crit works better for Infested / Corpus.

Status Vs Grineer

ef312MQ.jpg

Crit Vs. Corpus

jwAMFYo.jpg

On 12/9/2016 at 7:51 AM, Phoenixian_Ultimatum said:

Comparing the Braton Prime and the Soma Prime is like comparing apples to oranges. Two different play styles for each.

Both weapons are automatic assault rifle type weapons, despite the Braton Prime's much smaller size.  Having identical accuracy they fill essentially the same role, but only to players of different power levels.  Both are hitscan weapons with no flight time on the projectile.

Soma Prime is, when filled with a full load of appropriate mods, identical to Braton Prime if there was a Riven mod to give it a clip of 200 and raise the damage by 800 points.

The only real difference is that Soma Prime must be build for Critical Hit damage, whereas Braton Prime is more focused on outright damage with elements, and can not reach the final damage output of Soma.

Thus, the only real difference is that Soma Prime is end-game tier, and Braton Prime is mid-to-high tier, but rarely selected as a choice for Sortie missions and the like.  Those level 80ish enemies are simply too tanky.

8 minutes ago, Endless_Destruction said:

And I'm assuming status works better for corrupted?

Most Void enemies use Alloy so status is esp good outside Corrosive Projection x4 groups, unless you mean fissures cuz that just depends on the faction.

It also heavily depends on the level range you play in. There comes a point when Braton Prime has a better kill rate than Soma Prime even if you give Soma 100% head shot advantage for it's crits. This is around the lvl 150+ mark because status becomes increasingly more important with the more armor you have to deal with and Braton Prime has far superior status chance even if you mod Soma for status.

Against non-armored enemies or CPx4 groups Soma performs better because it has noticeably higher front-end damage and front-end damage is what you want but Braton Prime is still useful as a specialize armor shredding weapon. The only primary that comes to mind which does better and wrecking through armor is a Riven Paracyst with a 3 second TTK on a lvl 140 Napalm. Soma doesn't come close to that.

1. is a status gun nto a crit gun.

is nto fair / correct to compare both guns.

Soma is for  dmg

braton is for team play where you can put in non corrosive if got 4 cp.

being a mid tier is not really true. at high end, viral and radiation can deal higher dmg than corrosive.

16 hours ago, EvilKam said:

Both weapons are automatic assault rifle type weapons, despite the Braton Prime's much smaller size.  Having identical accuracy they fill essentially the same role, but only to players of different power levels.  Both are hitscan weapons with no flight time on the projectile.

Soma Prime is, when filled with a full load of appropriate mods, identical to Braton Prime if there was a Riven mod to give it a clip of 200 and raise the damage by 800 points.

The only real difference is that Soma Prime must be build for Critical Hit damage, whereas Braton Prime is more focused on outright damage with elements, and can not reach the final damage output of Soma.

Thus, the only real difference is that Soma Prime is end-game tier, and Braton Prime is mid-to-high tier, but rarely selected as a choice for Sortie missions and the like.  Those level 80ish enemies are simply too tanky.

This.

Soma Prime has a 3x crit so it does better with head (re"face") shots, getting those using crit mods ups the damage much higher than one might think. 
And it has a huge ammo pool, this matters a lot too.

Braton Prime is a very fine weapon but as has been being pointed out a lot lately and I will say here again, its biggest flaw currently is its low ammo pool. It has the least ammo of all the full auto rifles.

And this will matter if you want to take it up against level 100-ish enemies in the field (not just shooting a few high levels in the Simulacrum).

For the Star Chart both work totally fine, and while I do actually love the Soma Prime I guess I'm a bit of a Waframe Hipster (yeah I said it!)
 since I find myself bringing the Braton Prime along much more often. Because I do really enjoy using it, it's a fun weapon looks and sounds cool imo (but then so does the Soma!) and... it's not a meta-weapon =p

The Good News Everyone answer though is that they are Both Great!

It reminds me of the old Prisma Skana vs Dakra Prime vs Dragon Nikana which are now War vs Galatine Prime and Broken-war vs Nikana Prime debates.

If they're all good enough that we can argue over which is "best", does it really matter which is "best"?!
- personally I don't think so, catch and use em all!

Cheers!
~R~

Edited by Rolunde

Ammo Pool is certainly an issue with Braton Prime.

One of those old-school limitations that just don't work today. Kinda like Gorgon with a 120 round mag Vs. Prisma Grakata 120 mag. Makes no sense.

You can however alternate between secondary and primary with Carrier to overcome a lot of this problem.

There's never really a best overall. Only a best for a purpose. That's the important part.

Braton Prime is best used as a status weapon, and the critical chance is not worth building for since it's only 10%. You lose a TON of damage building for that, when you could be building for procs like slash and gas/corrosive. 

Soma Prime is made for raw damage output via crits, and the Braton can specialize in stripping armor, proccing slash, or being a general nightmare for Grineer and Corrupted. 

I personally like Braton more than Soma.