Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Charging Weapons

-S-O--Sephiroth-Crescent

Yeah I agree - I miss the old Ogris and by that I mean it's viability.

Back in 2013 the game was no where near as fast-paced as it is now and those slow weapons should have kept up with the pace of the gameplay over the years.

Spoiler

Taking a page from Unreal Tournament's Rocket Launcher - it's so much more diverse, fast-paced and just enjoyable in general:

Of course they wouldn't have to make the weapon OP like this - I mean they can always decrease the base damage if they're going to increase versatility.

Edited by Alcoholism

I think that i dont like BOOM weapons in the game, but i love bows.
If BOOM weapons would get some love, maybe i could try to like them?
maybe.

what type of love we are talking here OP?
Any ideas HOW they could be improved, beside from just "stat boost"?

Edited by PiotrGracz

5 minutes ago, Alcoholism said:

Yeah I agree - I miss the old Ogris and by that I mean it's viability.

Back in 2013 the game was no where near as fast-paced as it is now and those slow weapons should have kept up with the pace of the gameplay over the years.

I don't know how you played in 2013 but parkour 2.0 and slide nerfs in 2013 have made the game slower. Ogris lost its viability when DE started releasing stronger and stronger aoe weapons and then ruining the aoe weapon downside by not giving the strongest ones self damage.

But I wouldn't mind having faster Lanka or other charge weapons.

12 minutes ago, Naftal said:

I don't know how you played in 2013 but parkour 2.0 and slide nerfs in 2013 have made the game slower. Ogris lost its viability when DE started releasing stronger and stronger aoe weapons and then ruining the aoe weapon downside by not giving the strongest ones self damage.

But I wouldn't mind having faster Lanka or other charge weapons.

I'm talking general gameplay traversal - not player movement.

The Ogris was more viable in a lot of different mission modes where you're not required to traverse the levels quickly.
Now it's all about being a speed demon and how fast you can complete the mission - this is due to typical mission modes being run over and over like capture and exterminate for quicker rewards. A lot of the gameplay years ago was more about taking your time and teamwork - not how fast you can traverse a level to get rewards; there was no real reason to do this as there was no trade system. So farming for something was more of a personal goal and did not occur more than you had to rather than a continual process for a "financial" gain like it is now.

Edited by Alcoholism

Or the dev's could change them to have a shot delay mechanic or a low fire rate to give the feel that the weapons are charging for the next round to be fired. maybe add a new sound of a capacitor or reservoir being filled. and on some weapons they could have segmented reticle sight leting players know when they can fire lower powered shots or fewer missiles.

On 9.12.2016 at 2:01 PM, PiotrGracz said:

I think that i dont like BOOM weapons in the game, but i love bows.
If BOOM weapons would get some love, maybe i could try to like them?
maybe.

what type of love we are talking here OP?
Any ideas HOW they could be improved, beside from just "stat boost"?

Just give em the same "boost" with Attackspeed as Bows as both are charging weapons... that is my only point and would be enought love. As DMG 3.0 will be a part for 2017 as stated on the review of Dev. Stream 84 no more love is needed.