Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Can We Change It So Toxic Anchints Dont Effect The Cryopod?

vats3

iv had so many times where we sit there and watch as our cryopod dies form the toxic gas left over when he is dead, i understand the toxic gas from him being alive but there is nothing you can do about that gas but watch it tick away at your cryo pod

Well I think it would be too ez if they flat out didn't effect the pod. But I think the pod should definitely have a lot more resistance to the poison. The only way to not let them near the pod in the higher rounds is to have a vauban/nyx. So basically if you want to go far you're forced to have at least one of those 2 frames or else you lose. in order to make defense missions more diverse frame wise, the toxic ancients shouldn't be able to auto kill the pod if they do get near it.

Edited by Duelshock

Toxic isn't my main annoyance when it comes to pods/reactors. It's the rollers on the 'mine' levels against Grineer. You have to shoot them at a certain angle and if people don't pay enough attention (which they don't) you can end up with them dropping the health of the reactor in a blink of an eye because they're stuck, constantly grinding. Actually this issue present is on mobile defence as well because the platform can be very buggy, in a painful way. 

Toxic isn't my main annoyance when it comes to pods/reactors. It's the rollers on the 'mine' levels against Grineer. You have to shoot them at a certain angle and if people don't pay enough attention (which they don't) you can end up with them dropping the health of the reactor in a blink of an eye because they're stuck, constantly grinding. Actually this issue present is on mobile defence as well because the platform can be very buggy, in a painful way. 

Charge swing can work wonders with that, from my experience

True we should try to kill them before they get there. I agree with the OP and find it a little annoying when they die slowly and the gas lingers on the pod for a long time. If anything what changed, it would be cool if specifically the posthumous gas did not affect the pod or had at most, half the affect as a living Toxic's but it's not something that needs to change, imo

Edited by 7.T.

Good thing its a video game then not to mention a high tech, sealed cryo-chamber. Also added a bit more to my above post during the time you made your post. Never said disappear, just not affect the pod or not affect it as much. It would still hurt us. Please also note that I said its not necessarily something I think needs to be changed. Most of the time you kill it first 

Edited by 7.T.

And people whine when you try to stop them far away, but not in spawn.

If your talking specifically about it either being at the pod or at spawn, your talking in extremes. Don't kill it at spawn and don't let the toxic stand near the pod. Kill him in that space between spawn and the pod if you can. There are multiple benefits to fighting near each other, guarding the pod instead of splitting up or having someone kill everything at spawn. There are lots of threads that talk about this

Edited by 7.T.

Jump melee works every time

Charge swing can work wonders with that, from my experience

I know but it's still a pain if you're at a distance. The fact you need to go close up is what one of the problems is.