Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

What was DE's stated purpose for Riven mods?

Syvarin

Question

I'm working on a post about Riven mods, and would like to be able to quote DE on what they have said the purpose behind them is. The trouble is, I can't remember where they said it. I don't even remember if it was somewhere here on the forum or if it was in a Devstream.

I remember it was something along the lines of reviving interest in weapons that are not top-tier, but I was hoping for something more specific.

If someone could point me in the right direction, I would appreciate it.

6 answers to this question

Here's where Reb talks about it:

It really is pretty much what you said - it was intended to revive interest in weapons that may be often overlooked. People have been mistakenly claiming that it was supposed to be some great balancing mechanic that would make Paracyst equal to a Tonkor, but this was never advertised. I think it perfectly accomplishes what it claims to set out to do.

What he said. While Rivens don't magically make low - mid end weapons, like the Burston, meta viable they do give them a load more kick and allow for new, interesting, and unique builds to give life to weapons cast aside as "Mastery fodder".

From what I have seen from DE, and experienced, they have been working as intended..Good enough, yet not godlike weapons.

19 minutes ago, Xzorn said:

mI3QFSE.jpg

It's decent.  I haven't rolled on it yet

Some %damage or %bane would be ideal.

Woah. Not bad. I might consider keeping Rivens for weapons I wouldn't even consider using. I just got mine for the Braton. Got crit chance & electricity dmg. Rolled 4 times. Didn't get anything better. I got a crazy good build in mind if I can roll status & multishot (or a element). Rivens I do want for weapons are my Burston, Flux rifle, Glaxion, Harpak, Dera Vandal, & Gorgon. Last 2 I really want more than anything.