Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Gravity and The Game Engine [Question to DE]

Jeloxale

This thread is mostly pointed towards DE but anyone can reply with their thoughts. I'll keep it short myself.

I can't be the only one that has fancied the possibility of reverse-gravitational fields as a part of the gameplay. I'm not talking about having no gravity I mean gravity flipping over, forcing you to walk in the sealing or in extreme cases even on the walls. We have reduced gravity mode, zephyr with her fall speed and the infested hives that affect gravity so why not expand further? I'm genuinely interested on the limits the engine has on this matter.

A gameplay scenario could be infiltrating a ship that has lost it's gravity matrix. One would be required to navigate multi-gravitational areas to reach desired ares wether they are data banks, target individuals, secrets or more.

How much further can we go on this matter without breaking the engine? Can it make reverse- and multi-gravitational maps work to add in another gameplay element?

Edited by Jeloxale
Title

This is possible due to how they unhinged the Archwing flight system from the up-down we are so used to using (some want that as an option, I understand them), and could work if they expanded on Parkour and invited the classic wallrunning and create a few more movement combinations, mainly by reintroducing old movement types in some (clever) form.

47 minutes ago, Jeloxale said:

We have reduced gravity mode, zephyr with her fall speed and the infested hives that affect gravity so why not expand further?

You can add going for magnetic in reactor sabotage (put fuel cell in the place of a coolent cell). The magnetic ''bubbles'' pull you towards them, non-hitscan projectiles are also affected.