Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Nikana prime , Prisma skana , dual skana ?

Pmueck3

Question

Hello ,

i was wondering if it rly matters what melee i'll use with this build http://warframe-builder.com/Melee_Weapons/Builder/Nikana_Prime/t_30_240020002_224-6-5-239-2-5-241-3-5-245-7-5-306-8-3-321-1-3-360-5-5-729-4-8-733-0-8_733-6-321-4-239-9-241-11-729-6-360-11-224-9-245-11-306-10/en/4-0-99/0 , i use the nikana prime atm but i like the look of a excalibur with dual skana more tbh :p . 

16 answers to this question

1 hour ago, AlphaPHENIX said:

Renember, not everyone has those mods.

Both of those mods are available in some form now outside of trade chat. Blood Rush can drop from Lua spy, albeit it has a pretty low drop chance iirc, and Body Count can be replaced with Drifting Contact which drops from Nightmare missions. Course, if you don't have those mods, yeah stick to True Steel and Organ Shatter.

if you build your Excalibur for Exalted Blade, dont use blood rush as i think its effects dont transfer to his ult.
i would also probably recommend you replace Primed Fury with Berserker though as Berserker can reach +75% attack speed.

if you are not building for Exalted Blade, i would recommend taking PrVonTuckIII's advice with Blood Rush, but replace Body Count with Drifting Contact. Drifting Contact does only increase combo duration by 10 seconds as opposed to Body Count's 12, however it also increases status chance by 40%.
You can aquire Drifting Contact as a possible reward from any nightmare mission.

personally i run a Nikana Prime with:
Primed Pressure Point
Life Strike
Berserker
Blood Rush
Drifting Contact
True Steel
Organ Shatter
and an elemental

if i am facing high level grineer i may decide to replace Organ Shatter and the elemental mod with Weeping Wounds and Buzz Kill for those sweet sweet slash procs.

Let me know what you think!

12 hours ago, DeckChairVonBananaCamel said:

if you build your Excalibur for Exalted Blade, dont use blood rush as i think its effects dont transfer to his ult.
i would also probably recommend you replace Primed Fury with Berserker though as Berserker can reach +75% attack speed.

if you are not building for Exalted Blade, i would recommend taking PrVonTuckIII's advice with Blood Rush, but replace Body Count with Drifting Contact. Drifting Contact does only increase combo duration by 10 seconds as opposed to Body Count's 12, however it also increases status chance by 40%.
You can aquire Drifting Contact as a possible reward from any nightmare mission.

personally i run a Nikana Prime with:
Primed Pressure Point
Life Strike
Berserker
Blood Rush
Drifting Contact
True Steel
Organ Shatter
and an elemental

if i am facing high level grineer i may decide to replace Organ Shatter and the elemental mod with Weeping Wounds and Buzz Kill for those sweet sweet slash procs.

Let me know what you think!

well , i'm looking for a decent exalted blade for my nikana and excal itself , a build that can go to quite the level in the void for example and is usefull for party's in the sortie's

On 12/13/2016 at 11:44 AM, Pmueck3 said:

well , i'm looking for a decent exalted blade for my nikana and excal itself , a build that can go to quite the level in the void for example and is usefull for party's in the sortie's

alrighty then, well in that case the build i listed SHOULD do you pretty well.
Which focus are you in? Given you cant regen energy whilst using a channeled ability, i would recommend Naramon's passives over Zenurik. 
Madurai's passives would be fairly good too. if you build for slash procs i would recommend only activating Blazing Fury though

15 hours ago, DeckChairVonBananaCamel said:

alrighty then, well in that case the build i listed SHOULD do you pretty well.
Which focus are you in? Given you cant regen energy whilst using a channeled ability, i would recommend Naramon's passives over Zenurik. 
Madurai's passives would be fairly good too. if you build for slash procs i would recommend only activating Blazing Fury though

i am a naramon user :) howlong do you solo the void or lua and such with that build ? 

Edited by Pmueck3

I personally wouldn't use Lifestrike with the Naramon focus school (or at all tbh) - if you have unlocked the tree for invisibility. You shouldn't be taking much (if any) regular damage and it's a wasted mod slot that could be used for pretty much anything and be better.

Granted I rely on my Sentinel to top up my health with MediRay, and it suffices as I rarely die on any frame. Anything else where I'd die there's revives, dying more than four times is a symptom of a much bigger problem.

People often forget (Primed) Fury and Berserker stack and refuse to use them together because ... idk? Berserker and Lifestrike is so situational it really shouldn't be recommended as often as I see. 

4 hours ago, Arezael said:

I personally wouldn't use Lifestrike with the Naramon focus school (or at all tbh) - if you have unlocked the tree for invisibility. You shouldn't be taking much (if any) regular damage and it's a wasted mod slot that could be used for pretty much anything and be better.

Granted I rely on my Sentinel to top up my health with MediRay, and it suffices as I rarely die on any frame. Anything else where I'd die there's revives, dying more than four times is a symptom of a much bigger problem.

People often forget (Primed) Fury and Berserker stack and refuse to use them together because ... idk? Berserker and Lifestrike is so situational it really shouldn't be recommended as often as I see. 

well , i do like the ''back-up'' health you can get by just killing enemy's 

12 hours ago, Pmueck3 said:

i am a naramon user :) howlong do you solo the void or lua and such with that build ? 

ill admit i never really go the long haul just for the sake of it. i usually don't go longer than an hour (or 30-40 mins if im ranking up gear from 0) BUT its not like i extract because im struggling, i usually extract because by that point I'm getting bored.
Although i have madurai and naramon, i usually run zenurik as most of my main frames are not melee focused, utilize invis/covert lethality or, in the case of valkyr, perform better when the enemy flock to your location... though now that i think about it, i COULD just disable shadow step...

12 hours ago, Arezael said:

i would agree if soloing the grineer, but the other factions have aura eximus/aoe toxin and when with allies those grineer have a lot of powerful aoe weapons that will mess you up regardless of whether they can see you or not.

On 17/12/2016 at 5:16 AM, DeckChairVonBananaCamel said:

i would agree if soloing the grineer, but the other factions have aura eximus/aoe toxin and when with allies those grineer have a lot of powerful aoe weapons that will mess you up regardless of whether they can see you or not.

This is exactly the point I'm making: Lifestrike isn't the only option of self healing redgardless of Frame or whether or not you're in a group.

I personally carry a Furis with Winds of Purity installed on any missions where I believe I might need significant healing, plus I always carry a full stack of Large Restores. I rarely use either, but they can be present regardless. 

I prefer not to incur the energy penalty of using Lifestrike, and vastly prefer the range that a hitscan gun provides. The lack of recoil makes landing headshots at range fairly easy. 

I solo Sorties, Heiracon, Kuva and AXI fissures everyday (since they're the relics I have the most of) and I don't have issues surviving without Lifestrike. This is because Warframe is quite diverse and there are more options available than most people bother to consider.

11 hours ago, Arezael said:

This is exactly the point I'm making: Lifestrike isn't the only option of self healing redgardless of Frame or whether or not you're in a group.

I personally carry a Furis with Winds of Purity installed on any missions where I believe I might need significant healing, plus I always carry a full stack of Large Restores. I rarely use either, but they can be present regardless. 

I prefer not to incur the energy penalty of using Lifestrike, and vastly prefer the range that a hitscan gun provides. The lack of recoil makes landing headshots at range fairly easy. 

I solo Sorties, Heiracon, Kuva and AXI fissures everyday (since they're the relics I have the most of) and I don't have issues surviving without Lifestrike. This is because Warframe is quite diverse and there are more options available than most people bother to consider.

i haven't used the winds of purity weapon augment yet (im not with loka) but its nice to know it's actually effective, though im not sure i could be willing to part with my beloved lex prime or brakk in order to use it, lol. And i tend not to use health restores as it requires me to stand still (im a bit impatient)

ill usually have a rage/zenurik combo, so energy for life strike is rarely a problem for me unless there are disruptors or leech eximus about.