Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Riven Mods - Doubts

(PSN)lhbuch

Question

I´m just starting to get my first riven mods and I have some doubts:

1) A riven mod with lower mastery rank will have less chance to be as good as a higher Mr requirement mod?

2) The polarity never changes when you cycle the mod? I mean no chance to get multishot in a mod with D polarity no mather how much you cycle it?

4 answers to this question

As far as i can tell its all random. Polarity wont affect riven rolls either.. i have a MR 8 flux rifle riven with 230% dmg and a MR 15 flux riven with 175% dmg.  I had a D polarity flux riven with multishot so its really just random as random gets.

7 minutes ago, Zhoyzu said:

As far as i can tell its all random. Polarity wont affect riven rolls either.. i have a MR 8 flux rifle riven with 230% dmg and a MR 15 flux riven with 175% dmg.  I had a D polarity flux riven with multishot so its really just random as random gets.

So Mr requirement and polarity doesnt mean anything. I just wanted to avoid cycling a riven mod if it is already doomed from the start.

Thanks!

35 minutes ago, (PS4)lhbuch said:

A riven mod with lower mastery rank will have less chance to be as good as a higher Mr requirement mod?

32 minutes ago, Zhoyzu said:

i have a MR 8 flux rifle riven with 230% dmg and a MR 15 flux riven with 175% dmg.

While they are indeed completely random, I believe that MR affects the cap of stats.  For example, Zhoyzu's MR 15 flux riven could, in theory, be rolled to acheive even high than 230% while the MR 8 one is maxed out and could probably go no higher.

That's the mechanics of it anyway, though in this situation I'd definitely not reroll to find out, if you are lucky enough to get such high values, keep em, even if the MR suggests they could go higher, it currently isn't worth the risk or the cost.

Further tweaks are definitely required IMO, in how rivens work, especially with MR.  Providing us with knowledge of the ranges  in which these values can go based on MR is almost definitely a must and until we obtain that info, we are pretty blind.

40 minutes ago, (PS4)lhbuch said:

The polarity never changes when you cycle the mod?

polarity is determined when you get the mod, it never changes after that.  You could get a new riven for the same gun with a different polarity though.

16 hours ago, Xekrin said:

While they are indeed completely random, I believe that MR affects the cap of stats.  For example, Zhoyzu's MR 15 flux riven could, in theory, be rolled to acheive even high than 230% while the MR 8 one is maxed out and could probably go no higher.

That's the mechanics of it anyway, though in this situation I'd definitely not reroll to find out, if you are lucky enough to get such high values, keep em, even if the MR suggests they could go higher, it currently isn't worth the risk or the cost.

Further tweaks are definitely required IMO, in how rivens work, especially with MR.  Providing us with knowledge of the ranges  in which these values can go based on MR is almost definitely a must and until we obtain that info, we are pretty blind.

polarity is determined when you get the mod, it never changes after that.  You could get a new riven for the same gun with a different polarity though.

Thanks for the answer. About the faint riven mods, is there any to determine if a faint riven is close to its limit? I mean, how much + damage% a faint mod can reach?