Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Hard to see anything in some Grineer Tilesets

VeMoZXZ

Question

When I play in some Grineer tilesets (and some small spots in other tilesets but not very often), it it very dark normally everywhere and already hard to see anything, and in many places it is completely pitch black and I cannot see anything. For example, if there is an enemy in one of these spots which I cannot see, I have to swing around everywhere in order to hit them unless the enemy is glowing or I can see their health bar.  I started playing again after around a year recently and noticed this, I don't remember if it's always been like this for me, or if it's a new problem. I'm also not sure if it supposed to be like this, or if it is a problem on my side (in-game settings, graphics card settings, etc.). I have already set the gamma on my monitor to the max, the only way I would be able to increase it is in the Nvidia settings which are on the default right now. The brightness setting in-game is also on the max.

Screenshots from one map/mission I quickly took: 1 2

In the spots like the ones shown in the screenshots, the enemies completely blend into the darkness.

Edited by VeMoZXZ

5 answers to this question

24 minutes ago, VeMoZXZ said:

the enemies completely blend into the darkness.

I've ran into some fairly dark tilesets but none as bad as this, except for dense fog on earth sortie missions.  I kinda think this may have more to do with your settings.  Maybe a screenshot of your current graphics settings along with what graphics card you are using and maybe what OS and cpu you have may come in handy with diagnosing your problem and providing a better solution.

Brightness isn't the only thing that controls how well you can see the graphics.  Color correction, bloom, and various others can affect this stuff too.

33 minutes ago, Xekrin said:

I've ran into some fairly dark tilesets but none as bad as this, except for dense fog on earth sortie missions.  I kinda think this may have more to do with your settings.  Maybe a screenshot of your current graphics settings along with what graphics card you are using and maybe what OS and cpu you have may come in handy with diagnosing your problem and providing a better solution.

Brightness isn't the only thing that controls how well you can see the graphics.  Color correction, bloom, and various others can affect this stuff too.

In-game settings: 1 2 3

Graphics Card: Nvidia GeForce GTX 970

Nvidia Control Panel Settings: 1

CPU: Intel i5-3570K

13 hours ago, VeMoZXZ said:

In-game settings: 1 2 3

Graphics Card: Nvidia GeForce GTX 970

Nvidia Control Panel Settings: 1

CPU: Intel i5-3570K

try running the game in fullscreen and see if that helps. i havent checked with warframe but i know that some games have issues with brightness in windowed mode, also try turning contrast down back to the default (half)