Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Feedback on my Volt build | 12/12/2016 | I want to be the destructive wizard

(PSN)CaptainIMalik

Question

Can I please have some feedback and help with my Volt prime build? What I can improve upon etc

I want to play as a caster (I am running the Zenurik School) 

I want destruction so I do want power strength as my focus. I guess I want to be a Sauron warframe or sith (though I've never seen much LOTR)

This Sith powerful penguin destroying everything in it's path. I've never maxed Energy overflow yet...

I'm also mainly a Nikana guy so 97% I just slash things with my Nikana

so far:

Aura: Rejuvenation mod (max rank)

Power drift 

Redirection 240% to give me more survivability  

Flow (max rank)

Stream line (max rank)

Continuity (max rank)

Constitution (like rank 1)

Stretch like 37.5%

Quick thinking to give me a sort of defy death ability

I'm thinking to get capacitance... 

Intensify (max rank)

Though if I go for a power strength build, I might have to sacrifice my power duration and power range... and I like my power duration and range. 

10 answers to this question

The main things that I would recommend are getting Energy Siphon as your aura and the corrupted mods: Narrow Minded and Fleeting Expertise.

My Build Consists of:

R8 Primed Flow

Maxed Fleeting Expertise

Maxed Quick Thinking

R8 Primed Continuity

R9 Narrow Minded

Maxed Capacitance

Maxed Shocking Speed

Maxed Stretch

Exilus: Maxed Power Drift

Aura: Energy SIphon

Focus: Zenurik: Maxed Energy Overflow

It does fairly well and I'm actually quite tanky through my ability to continuously cap my overshields with Capacitance while being able to sustain all of my abilities through 4.6 energy regen per second. Shocking Speed also helps because of the stun-lock aura directly around me for the units not hit by Discharge.

With Capacitance you don't really need Redirection and though Power Strength builds make him really fast (sometimes too fast which causes you to continuously run into walls), it is better to focus on duration and efficiency with Volt because he isn't really a damage dealer and you want Speed up at all times while also being able to cast your other abilities reliably.

*Primed mods aren't necessary, but provide better stats.

Edited by thewhitepanda1205

8 minutes ago, thewhitepanda1205 said:

The main things that I would recommend are getting Energy Siphon as your aura and the corrupted mods: Narrow Minded and Fleeting Expertise.

My Build Consists of:

R8 Primed Flow

Maxed Fleeting Expertise

Maxed Quick Thinking

R8 Primed Continuity

R9 Narrow Minded

Maxed Capacitance

Maxed Shocking Speed

Maxed Stretch

Exilus: Maxed Power Drift

Aura: Energy SIphon

Focus: Zenurik: Maxed Energy Overflow

It does fairly well and I'm actually quite tanky through my ability to continuously cap my overshields with Capacitance while being able to sustain all of my abilities through 4.6 energy regen per second. Shocking Speed also helps because of the stun-lock aura directly around me for the units not hit by Discharge.

With Capacitance you don't really need Redirection and though Power Strength builds make him really fast (sometimes too fast which causes you to continuously run into walls), it is better to focus on duration and efficiency with Volt because he isn't really a damage dealer and you want Speed up at all times while also being able to cast your other abilities reliably.

*Primed mods aren't necessary, but provide better stats.

I think I'll keep the health mod because it does increase my survivability unless I get the new sword mod that restores health 

Just now, (PS4)CaptainIMalik said:

I think I'll keep the health mod because it does increase my survivability unless I get the new sword mod that restores health 

With Capacitance, you don't need Redirection because if you are smart then you can constantly keep your shields at 1,650. Volt's survivability comes mostly from Capacitance and the Quick Thinking+Flow combo. Also, Life Strike is much better at keeping your health up than Healing Return.

3 minutes ago, thewhitepanda1205 said:

With Capacitance, you don't need Redirection because if you are smart then you can constantly keep your shields at 1,650. Volt's survivability comes mostly from Capacitance and the Quick Thinking+Flow combo. Also, Life Strike is much better at keeping your health up than Healing Return.

What you say makes sense but I hate the Infested's toxin, it's annoying. Does it help here? 

Edited by (PS4)CaptainIMalik