Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

too many comands on one button.

(XBOX)Ashen Rust

After completing the War Within, I am left going WTF with the amount of commands placed on the right bumper. Would it be possible to change the quick menu to, if we want to use transference, we can press the right bumper to show a D-pad menu with the transference option there. As it stands, I have to mash buttons just to get it to semi function, if it doesn't just activate long enough to deactivate. It's frustrating and makes me not want to use it at all. I find it a hindrance to the speed of game play, as now I am left fumbling with an extra attack set, just to kill one enemy type, the new royal guard.

I am not trying to just complain, I just would prefer more streamlined and responsive controls. Again this system is cumbersome and in my opinion not worth even activating.

Another related suggestion would be instead of this tiny cross hair on your screen as your power meter could you just give us an actual meter? I honestly do not pay attention in the least, to my cross hair if I am in Melee. So setting a meter to a tiny cross hair while in transference doesn't help me to know how much power I actually have. Too much is going on in the center of the screen for me to stop and stair and read this hard to see meter.

This game is great and please keep making great content.

21 minutes ago, Extroah said:

Not a controller user, but i imagine an issue being that a controller has a very limited amount of buttons so they will have to put multiple functions on a single button eventually.

You are correct there are only so many buttons on the controller. So it falls to efficiency of use in those buttons. By placing all of your main powers and then adding transference on top of it, is the furthest thing from efficient. It becomes a mess. The game doesn't know what the user is wanting if the commands are not hit just perfect. Warframe is not a fighting game and that kind of command precision is not necessary, especially when you have a D-pad that offers 4 more button command choices, that are currently completely unused if you hold the right bumper.  My suggestion is to take off the transference from this odd combination of right and left bumper pressing and place it in another quick menu that would show up while you hold right bumper. Tie it to the D-pad while pressing right bumper and you have plenty of space and no over lap of important fast pace commands. It would not interfere with your main D-pad menu as it would only show the same way the powers quick menu shows, only when you press the right bumper.

1 hour ago, renleech said:

In the PC, i get angry when i use interact button and then a reload is done instead of said interaction.

Then you never checked your options menu because you can turn that off.

As for controllers, maybe look to FFXIV for inspiration?  They manage to somehow get a WoW- clone MMO working on controllers, and those are known for their massive hotbars.

Edited by Callback