The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Well This Is Really Ironic And I'm Most Likely A Slow Poke For Realizing This But...

Aspari

The Corpus only make weapons that are the most dangerous towards them. Every weapon is either electrical or laser and it hurts them the most. Meanwhile the Grineer are heavily armored and their weapons aren't all that great against them except for the Ogris (because that weapon is good against everything). Corpus weapons that deal electrical damage are almost useless against Infested. And the only Infested weapon is the Mire and that damages everything just like a regular sword.

I don't get why the Corpus would only make weapons that pose the most danger to themselves.

It is an odd feature. Especially since it seems like the Infested weapons are good against Grineer (Innate armor ignore in both weapons) and Grineer weapons are themed with fire, the weakness of Infested. You would have thought maybe DE would do a Pokemon-esque grass-water-fire situation where one type affects another in a cycle. I could see Lasers puncturing Grineer armor, acid eating Corpus machinery and Fire burning Infested flesh but it didn't turn out that way. Ah well.

Why would anyone use the Ogris when they can blow themselves up with it?

Saw a player do it twice in a match.

Because it makes it more balanced, without that danger it would just be far too overpowered. A maxed Ogris has to have some drawbacks, and those just happen to be the inherant risk of suicide. I should know, the number of times I go down has dramatically increased since I got it.

Because it makes it more balanced, without that danger it would just be far too overpowered. A maxed Ogris has to have some drawbacks, and those just happen to be the inherant risk of suicide. I should know, the number of times I go down has dramatically increased since I got it.

You missed the point of the thread...

Considering the Infested are mainly composed of Corpus that have been..infested..I think that it stands in the game right now that the Corpus are losing against the technocyte virus..which is what the infested are.

Add to this, that if you actually get a mission where two factions spawn, and those factions are the Infested and the Corpus..sit back and watch how badly the Corpus will lose against them.

Why would anyone use the Ogris when they can blow themselves up with it?

Saw a player do it twice in a match.

Only twice? Impossibru!!!!

I played with a group in a Pug, two of them would be down after every shot. Spent the whole time reviving them...

If i join a game and see someone carrying an ogris again, i'm rage quitting.

You missed the point of the thread...

Ok sorry, the point of the Ogris is dealing massive AOE damage, with extreme ammo efficiency.

As to the OP's points, the Corpus are arguably the most High-Tech faction in the system, they are just too good for bullets. 

Furthermore, from what we know of lore the Corpus are a trade/company based faction (Corporation>Corpus) in those situations competition often arises, and it wouldn't surprise me if before the Grineer expansion became a threat and such there was much in-fighting between factions within the Corpus, hence the development of weapons that kill themselves efficiently.

Ok sorry, the point of the Ogris is dealing massive AOE damage, with extreme ammo efficiency.

As to the OP's points, the Corpus are arguably the most High-Tech faction in the system, they are just too good for bullets. 

Furthermore, from what we know of lore the Corpus are a trade/company based faction (Corporation>Corpus) in those situations competition often arises, and it wouldn't surprise me if before the Grineer expansion became a threat and such there was much in-fighting between factions within the Corpus, hence the development of weapons that kill themselves efficiently.

You are proving to be no fun.

Thread about logic not about technicalities. D: