The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×
The Lotus Eaters: Known Issues ×

Game crashes ever since GPU Driver update

Charion

Two weeks ago I decided to get Overwatch, but had issues with the mouse placement being broken (I would have to mouse over the button and move 2 inches to the right to click it)

Researching this issue, It seemed like I needed to update my nvidia driver by going to my device manager, finding the GPU and manually searching for the latest driver. After installing it, Overwatch runs great, but Warframe started having problems. (Warframe ran perfectly before this update)

At first it wasn't terrible, in the two weeks of updating the driver I had 4 crashes. and each time it would take me to a hardware failure page notifying me that it might be the driver malfunctioning and to try getting it straight from the manufacturer.

So today I found my Video Card in the nvidia site, downloaded the update, and now i'm unable to do any mission in Warframe. It would just crash the 1st minute of entering the game and take me to the hardware failure page. Overwatch, and any other game I have runs perfectly fine. it's just Warframe that has this problem.

any help will be appreciated.

Specs: 

Intel core i7 4500 @ 2.4 GHz
8 GB RAM
nvidia Geforce GT 745M 

since Driver is all that has changed, performing a Clean Install of your Video Drivers is then recommended.

use is simple, download the Driver you're going to update to beforehand (you don't technically need to but it's easier to download it first), tell the application to run (normal clean and restart), upon restart, you don't need to worry about anything, just install your Video Driver, restart again, and everything will be back to normal.

if "should i restart in Safe Mode to use this or not?" - that's up to you. it's recommended, some people don't bother, and the application does tend to function fine without that step.