Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Dex Sybaris Shred or Heavy Caliber for my build

sird

Question

So which should I go for, shred or heavy caliber for that last slot

my build is:

Serration,Split Chamber,Vital Sense,Point Strike, An element mod, bladed rounds, and a riven mod.

Riven - 139% damage, 111.7% puncture

the things is its ok for me not to get that head shot cuz im bad at aiming so shred or heavy cali?

how useful is shred?

8 answers to this question

Like Varacal said it's better to get a combo of elements so corrosive etc depending what you're fighting or lets say it's the raids you'd go viral if 4 people has corrosive projection since you'd do more overall damage.

Now between heavy cal and shred what I use is heavy cal because the dex sybaris already has a decent base fire rate I don't feel like there's a need to raise it.Shred is also good since you can have punch through and fire rate so if they're lined up you can kill multiple enemies at once. So it has it's uses if you're camped in a long hallway and they're forced to be lined up but I feel w/o that situation I don't get a lot of enemies in a line so it's pretty pointless. Some other points I'd like to make are if you use heavy cal you're not going to aim for headshots because if yours is maxed it's -55% accuracy which is pretty big and you'll miss head shots  more times than you'd hit it. 

The last thing is more a personal opinion but I honestly hate bladed rounds since you could replace that with a mod that'd boost your overall damage instead you need to kill an enemy for it to even proc the buff. Not only that but it only works if you're scoped in I find it too annoying to use. 

if you dont want to be bothered by lining up your enemies, then go for heavy caliber, but if you have no problem with lining them up, go for shred

also i notice you only had 1 elemental mod there, better go for the appropriate elemental combo in order to deal the optimal amount of damage

Edited by Varacal

5 minutes ago, sird said:

So which should I go for, shred or heavy caliber for that last slot

my build is:

Serration,Split Chamber,Vital Sense,Point Strike, An element mod, bladed rounds, and a riven mod.

Riven - 139% damage, 111.7% puncture

the things is its ok for me not to get that head shot cuz im bad at aiming so shred or heavy cali?

how useful is shred?

Shred is very useful, especially on burst weapons IMO. Since you already have + damage on your riven, heavy caliber is not that strong anymore, so I'd go with shred or another elemental. 

12 minutes ago, bluepheonix13 said:

Shred is very useful, especially on burst weapons IMO. Since you already have + damage on your riven, heavy caliber is not that strong anymore, so I'd go with shred or another elemental. 

right I just checked it on Warframe Builder..another elemental has more damage added than heavy cali..so I guess another elemental is the way to go..thanks guys

Edited by sird