Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Thoughts On New Mag

Fate_6

I'm still not really sure she's worth playing. The AoE pull is OK, but I still can't find a situation where it's really worth pulling the bad guys to you. Maybe if you're pulling them OFF the pod in defense, but why are there so many dudes on it in the first place? And why don't you just ult them? Shield Polarizer could be pretty good against Corpus, but again very situational (and it only affects shields =/). Bullet Attractor, again same situation use (if it's even better at all). I was hoping it would chain like Link or Venom. Energy costs are also pretty high still.

Thoughts?

Yeah it's tough finding a situation where you would use Pull over Crush unless you only have enough energy to use Pull. Speaking of energy, her costs are still insane without an energy mod. Shield Polarize is a bit underwhelming (but a lot better) and Bullet Attractor still doesn't feel like something I should use on something other than a boss (I can't even tell if the effect spread...also, it isn't a bubble anymore?)

I also agree that Pulling a crowd of anything to you feels rather risky with no noticeable reward (other than what you mentioned). Pulling a Toxic Ancient away from a teammate while also nabbing about 4 runners is a great way to get yourself killed.

This hurts my brain.

Why is Pull being AoE, bad?

It knocks enemies down. Thats the reason I ever used it in the first place. So now, you have an ability that knocks EVERYONE down.

Pull a toxic ancient right to you? Only if you are close to it! Any enemies pulled at max range only make it half way to you..

so your ability now pulls enemies away and CC's them all by knocking them down.. but it's a bad skill now? Please..

I was having inconsistent behavior with my Pull directly after the patch, sometimes it wouldn't CC them at all and I'd end up with a bunch of live enemies in my face. It doesn't seem as problematic anymore. Also, I feel like the range has been cut a bit (which seems fair). Issues aside it's great now that it's working for me.

Edited by Rodech

why do people hate utility skill?...aoe pull is awsome! pull them enemy to me and melee them to death! :D 

It is also usefull in draging down enemy that try to trigger the alarm... they will never know I'm coming without an alarm triggered...>:D

Just be creative and you'll find how usefull all the abilities are...

Still a one trick pony in my opinion. In any other situation where you'd want to use utility... well... other Warframes are better.

Think about it this way... Utility only really matters in defense... The game (other than high wave defense) only requires good weapons or an ult to win.... High wave defense teams will still consist of other warframes  rather than the new utility Mag now offers... eghumm Vauban for example. This is just the way it is, unfortunately.

Mag is still... Mag.

Edit: Utility might help in lower lvls... so maybe I am only thinking about the players who have been playing past 70+ hours. As good as my weapons are I really don't need any ability except utility based powers, so whichever Warframe has the best is the winner. As much as I'd like to say each Warframe has their own utility niche, only a few have what you need: Frost's Globe, Banshee's Sonar, Nyx's Chaos and Mind Control, Vauban's Bastille, Trinity's Blessing, and maybe Rhino's new ability (haven't experienced it yet). Other than that, Mag doesn't really fit in for me.

Edited by TrevV

This hurts my brain.

Why is Pull being AoE, bad?

It knocks enemies down. Thats the reason I ever used it in the first place. So now, you have an ability that knocks EVERYONE down.

Pull a toxic ancient right to you? Only if you are close to it! Any enemies pulled at max range only make it half way to you..

so your ability now pulls enemies away and CC's them all by knocking them down.. but it's a bad skill now? Please..

I didn't say it was bad now. It's better. I just still don't see much point, when you compare Mag to other frames. Bastille and Chaos are still FAR superior. It's not even close, so I'm not sure I can even compare them to Mag pull. And Vauban still has a SECOND AoE CC in his ult, so he still outshines Mag in that aspect.

The pull aspect is only useful for helping teammates, but it requires you to be out of position to make use of it. The stun isn't all that great since it just knocks them down, something many melee weapons can do easily enough. Shield Polarizer is OK now, but still nothing really great when you might as well just press 4.

i hope they rebuff her range since right now even after buying the helmet and using the range mod she doesn't have largest range anymore (especially compared to some other frames *cough* sayrin *cough*) so you have to question buying it now since they nerfed the range which the helmet is specialized for.

I have no opinion one way or the other for most of this but when I first started playing and saw Mag had an ability that depleted shields, I expected it to steal shields (i.e. add amount that enemies lost to her's). Half expected that to be the change when I saw there was one before reading the rest.

Personally I love the new Mag. She used to be good but now she is a lot better. Maybe it is just some players, but the way I see her skills are somewhat situational but can be used in almost every situation if  you are creative. Sure she is not directly more useful but she is a support in my opinion so she is not supposed to be the most useful Frame overall.