Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Operator void dash and lasers

Jakorak

Question

So i've been playing with operators in spy vaults to test the limits of what they can achieve and have found several cool nuggets. There's one point that i can't figure out for the life of me though. Can anyone give me a definitive answer for how grineer and corpus spy lasers interact with the operator's void dash? I know lasers don't really like for you to dash through them diagonally as that trips them most of the time. However even when going straight through lasers with the void dash some times i can void dash back and forth a good three to five times before it trips on me, some times it'll trip on the first try even though i think i lined it up perfectly, and some times i can just void dash back and forth and the laser will never trip on me. It's so frigging temperamental.

7 answers to this question

24 minutes ago, Jakorak said:

So i've been playing with operators in spy vaults to test the limits of what they can achieve and have found several cool nuggets. There's one point that i can't figure out for the life of me though. Can anyone give me a definitive answer for how grineer and corpus spy lasers interact with the operator's void dash? I know lasers don't really like for you to dash through them diagonally as that trips them most of the time. However even when going straight through lasers with the void dash some times i can void dash back and forth a good three to five times before it trips on me, some times it'll trip on the first try even though i think i lined it up perfectly, and some times i can just void dash back and forth and the laser will never trip on me. It's so frigging temperamental.

Normally i slide very fast thru the lasers using Loki while invisible (i mean really fast)

And the lasers will not detect you

I think the faster you pass through, the less likely you are to set it off. If you go diagonally, you spend more time in the laser and it is more likely to catch you. If you're Loki and you slide, you're probably going pretty fast and can reduce your chance of detection that way. It also might depend how fast the game is running for a particular laser, too fast and it's more likely to catch you, too slow and it's less likely. But that's just my speculation.

10 hours ago, Jakorak said:

oh ..... that's sad... so it's just speed... and here i thought there was an interesting deliberate side effect of void dash allowing you to pass through spy lasers. So you can use them for it but not depend on it

don't be sad, even with speed loki, sliding, sometimes you get detected also

1 hour ago, AEP8FlyBoy said:

Have you tried just avoiding the lasers?
That works 100% of the time.

it just would've been super appropriate and cool as an intended feature since the operator is so limited in movement options as is anyway. void dash cannot go full vertical. operator cannot reliably grab onto and pull up ledges or wall hop/hang. the current format of operators with the durability of tissue paper and enough damage to kill without alerting enemies up to level 30 at max, they seem heavily stealth focused

It feels like they wanted operator to feel like limbo but didn't fully commit