Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Discussion about having Fun while Fighting

Vicious_Vipa

if you have completed TWW, you know these fat Kuva syphon guardians.

well - I am not saying that it is super fun to fight them but I appreciate that they only hit you when you are dumb enough to let them get close.
And then it is ok if they one-strike you in level 80 missions.   Because you have had a fair chance and you know what you did wrong.
Also, then there even is this mechanism where you have to make them vulnerable.  AGAIN:  not super fun but ok!   Because so much better
than all the other "invulnerability phases" of other enemies in this game because it is on you to trigger the vulnerability.
Plus:   you only have 3-4 of these which is more pointed - and not 100 enemies that can be killed or incapacitated just by pressing one button.

Whereas the other high level enemies in this game just one-shot you if you stand still for one second. And often you don't even know what happened.
I know that this has been discussed many times.  But again:  DE please make the fights more transparent - give us the chance to counter or evade attacks POINTEDLY and not let us run brainlessly by default in order to prevent getting one-shotted without even knowing from what enemy.

I am ok with dying when I know what I did wrong and who killed me.   But if my only mistake was standing still for a split second and then I just drop dead as if a random lightning had hit me - NOT FUN !!!

Edited by Vicious_Vipa

It's kinda sad that them being able to kill most frames with 1 hit is ok. Don't get me wrong, I do like it when you have a chance to avoid their attacks. But when the punishment has to be that you instantly die, something is going wrong. And this is not a matter of damage 2.0 as a system being bad and more about actually balancing the system.

3 minutes ago, gluih said:

It's kinda sad that them being able to kill most frames with 1 hit is ok. Don't get me wrong, I do like it when you have a chance to avoid their attacks. But when the punishment has to be that you instantly die, something is going wrong. And this is not a matter of damage 2.0 as a system being bad and more about actually balancing the system.

This is why nerfs are necessary. If the only way to contend with the player's power is by releasing more and more cheap/cheesy enemies, then nerfs are required where necessary.

Melee attacks, i mean most are transparent.  It's like standing in front of a toxic ancient, even if you don't see an animation, you know to expect that roar and you're gonna take heavy damage if you don't die.  So long as you don't have hyped up melee enemies, running at 3x> speed, with increased melee range and speed, i'm not overly worried about it since i can hop and nuke.

As for other 80+ scenarios, i mean it's more about balance.  We get that if you stand still, you're gonna die.  Take advantage of your frames' abilities though, this is heavily emphasized after 80.  That said, that means some frames are 'meh' while others are downright amazing depending on the mission and enemy.  Even if you have a preference, you should be making builds on a few frames, or collecting the frames, for various scenarios, with loadouts to match.  THAT is reward/penalty system end game.  

I remember doing corpus excavations, 90 seconds may not sound long, but 100+ lv bursas, combas or their variant, and nullifiers all running around... that's just absolutely horrible even for frost.  That's probably one of the worst scenarios i personally have been in though.

1 hour ago, EmptyDevil said:

This is why nerfs are necessary. If the only way to contend with the player's power is by releasing more and more cheap/cheesy enemies, then nerfs are required where necessary.

Nerfs are usually not very popular, but yes overall they are more healthy to the game than just letting things grow out of control. I think the best way to go about this is to openly communicate what the goals are, so players aren't surprised when something is changed when it is clearly more powerful than it should be.