Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

DE, what the hell have you done to my Ivara?

aligatorno

Question

So I was doing the sortie right now, and I chose Ivara as the frame for mission 2. Everything went smoothly until I looked at the energy bar and instead of 400+ energy, I was at 170 something, only to discover that each melee attack drained 1 energy/per enemy meaning that if I hit 3 enemies with one swing, 3 energy was drained. I did 2 20 minutes Ophelia runs just 2 hours ago and this did not happen.

Was this always the case, was it stealth patched or it is a bug? 

Just checked again in Ophelia, and it does happen there as well, but because the enemies die in 1 hit and they drop energy quite often i did not notice. 

Edited by aligatorno

13 answers to this question

Looks like this is a thing since the beginning. I checked google a bit and I've found some information.  I played her mostly with a bow or covert lethality dagger so I did not notice. While in Ophelia I was popping one Large Energy Restore at the beginning and I was good for the rest of the mission, since the enemies died in maximum 2-3 hits. 

It's kinda annoying though, I really wanted to make a melee build for her since she makes solo surivivals way more bearable. I kinda understand that they don't want her to be a infinite invisible killing machine, but the drain is way too high, especially since she's so slow while in prowl, while Loki has no drawbacks and does even more damage while invisible. 

Edited by aligatorno

5 minutes ago, plexus_brachialis said:

where you prowling at the time? cause lot of things will drain your energy while you prowl around. meleeing enemies or objects, getting damaged, arc traps... guess it's a trade off to stop prowl from being stupid broken OP.

it shouldn't happen outside of prowl though

The only thing that drains your energy in prowl is moving, which makes the drain faster, but it should still be manageable.

1 minute ago, aligatorno said:

Looks like this is a thing since the beginning. I played her mostly with a bow or covert lethality dagger so I did not notice. While in Ophelia I was popping one Large Energy Restore at the beginning and I was good for the rest of the mission, since the enemies died in maximum 2-3 hits. 

It's kinda annoying though, I really wanted to make a melee build for her since she makes solo surivivals way more bearable. I kinda understand that they don't want her to be a infinite invisible killing machine, but the drain is way too high, especially since she's so slow while in prowl, while Loki has no drawbacks and does even more damage while invisible. 

It was never there. What was the enhancement on the sortie?

Edited by (PS4)joshw1400

3 minutes ago, (PS4)joshw1400 said:

It has to be a bug then.

It was always there actually, alongside the one where if you take damage while in prowl, you lose energy.

Melee drains 2 energy per hit and taking damage consumes 10 energy per second

Edited by Kai_Shiba

1 hour ago, (PS4)joshw1400 said:

The only thing that drains your energy in prowl is moving, which makes the drain faster, but it should still be manageable.

Actually, melee attacks drain energy also.  It's more noticeable when using melee weapons that have multiple attacks when doing stealth kills.  High efficiency and higher damaging melee weapon help with this.  You also lose energy in Prowl when taking damage.  This one is very easy to see with Arc traps.  The bane of all Ivara players.  Thank goodness the arc traps show up on the mini map.

With that said, I have used Ivara very effectively in survivals and defense using melee and Prowl.  The trick is using a weapon that hits/kill multiple enemies per swing for efficient usage during energy drain.  It can be done with other melee weapons, but might not be as efficient for staying in Prowl the whole time.  Collecting energy orbs from kills and Life Strike help immensely with this approach. 

Edit: doing this requires constant attention on your energy levels so you don't get ganked.  :D

This is not saying that there aren't other frames that can do melee better.

Edited by DatDarkOne
added info