Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

I don't understand Entropy spike

-Oni-Bushido-

Question

(quick note: I wish DEVs release a prime version in a near future, it would make sense). It's been a long time since my last run with the Bolto, maybe more than a year, so I undusted it and gave it a shot. But I came back with the same issue: I still don't understand its augment mechanics. I have searched for some info and I've found that it deals 250 damage if explosion occurs (similar to thunderbolt). My question is: if it's explosion damage, shouldn't the explosion be knocking down enemies?

9 answers to this question

2 minutes ago, PsiWarp said:

It may deal Blast damage, but that doesn't mean there's a status chance built into the mod.

So if I place the 4 dual stat elemental mods I gain 59% status ch. (for example, my choice, rad/viral). would it also prco blast?

2 minutes ago, Berserkerkitten said:

1000 magnetic damage. And just about everything else you need to know. Aaaaand somebody ninja'd me.

Useless after level 50 enemies spawning, specially against grineer or infested

1 minute ago, (Xbox One)EternalDrk Mako said:

blast mechanic

but it gives you energy also ...which is nice ....along with a magnetic AOE dmg

3 minutes ago, Berserkerkitten said:

1000 magnetic damage. And just about everything else you need to know. Aaaaand somebody ninja'd me.

I know about the syndicate buffs... what I'm asking is about the mod's utility. BTW, I'm MR23, just in case you guys think I'm new to this..

32 minutes ago, Z_Caronte_Z said:

I know about the syndicate buffs... what I'm asking is about the mod's utility. BTW, I'm MR23, just in case you guys think I'm new to this..

MR means nothing to me, ive met 23s who didnt know how to make corrosive ...  so take that how you will....

anywho back on topic xD i tend to enjoy mechanics as my hobby in this game

so what your trying to discern is its overall use and tactically speaking how to make use of it to apply in builds? 

within testing its a random blast effect similiar to thunderbolt for arrows

their is a % chance it will go kabooom!

now is this useful ?

you can add any variation of elements to create desired status effect and the blast will have zero effect upon it , also blast bolto setup will not stack the damage 

now to the spikes effect :

the blasts when hit can deal multiple TICKS of blast onto a target unlike the standard blast that can yield 3-4 

the spikes can yield 3-7 in testing 

is this good? tactically speaking?

well applying more ammo and fire rate means a greater chance of getting a blast hit 

when you utilise something like banshee or even the scanner sentinel it can be very effective

sonar or the scan effect creates a vital point, when hit amps up damage 

using this with banshee can lead to very heavy damage as the ticks of blast hit a sonar spot at same time and stack all the damage into one instance of hit 

meaning if the multiplier is high enough the ticks can in one shot deal enough to wipe out a enemy of a high level

with banshees augment you can stack multiple vital point spots onto a target, making for an effective blast shot, each kill amps up the energy spikes gauge and refills your pool, meaning more casts of sonar 

is this the best method with this build? not really, but its an example to make use of the mechanic, other tactic types can be implemented like how tonkor +zephyr works this to can take that approach 

2 hours ago, (Xbox One)EternalDrk Mako said:

MR means nothing to me, ive met 23s who didnt know how to make corrosive ...  so take that how you will....

anywho back on topic xD i tend to enjoy mechanics as my hobby in this game

so what your trying to discern is its overall use and tactically speaking how to make use of it to apply in builds? 

within testing its a random blast effect similiar to thunderbolt for arrows

their is a % chance it will go kabooom!

now is this useful ?

you can add any variation of elements to create desired status effect and the blast will have zero effect upon it , also blast bolto setup will not stack the damage 

now to the spikes effect :

the blasts when hit can deal multiple TICKS of blast onto a target unlike the standard blast that can yield 3-4 

the spikes can yield 3-7 in testing 

is this good? tactically speaking?

well applying more ammo and fire rate means a greater chance of getting a blast hit 

when you utilise something like banshee or even the scanner sentinel it can be very effective

sonar or the scan effect creates a vital point, when hit amps up damage 

using this with banshee can lead to very heavy damage as the ticks of blast hit a sonar spot at same time and stack all the damage into one instance of hit 

meaning if the multiplier is high enough the ticks can in one shot deal enough to wipe out a enemy of a high level

with banshees augment you can stack multiple vital point spots onto a target, making for an effective blast shot, each kill amps up the energy spikes gauge and refills your pool, meaning more casts of sonar 

is this the best method with this build? not really, but its an example to make use of the mechanic, other tactic types can be implemented like how tonkor +zephyr works this to can take that approach 

I opened another post to clarify mi intentions with this topic. Sorry, but all this explanation didn't answer my question