Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Sniper rifle Riven mods with -zoom?

(NSW)BlaineKodos

Question

I lucked out yesterday and got a Riven mod for the Lanka, and I'm curious if having a Riven mod with -zoom on it would affect the scope on it in any significant way. The biggest issue with sniper rifles in this game is having to be zoomed in all the way for the best bonuses, so if -zoom would make the highest magnification more bearable at mid-range it would be very valuable to me. I don't have enough kuva to reroll in search of that to test, but would like to know from someone who may have experienced it. If it works the way I hope it does, that gives me a very clear road map for what I want out of the Riven.

Edited by BlaineKodos

9 answers to this question

You can also turn off the Scope hud. I found this to be effective in removing excess noise from my view.

If you're a big sniper fan I could see not wanting that to keep the feel of the weapon but I just found most of the hud displays annoying.

A picture of the scope.

jYnMSP0.jpg

And since you are trying to get sniper Rivens, I'd suggest focusing on multishot since on Vulkar/Rubico combo counter needs 2 shots, hence your 3rd shot deals 2xDamage (+35% DPS).
Nearly God/God tier RIvens increase the damage of Rubico/Snipetron Vandal by 2-2.5x times, 3x for Vulkar/Vulkar Wraith.
Also negative boosts the positive stats, so yeah, have fun with "negative" zoom :D

Edited by SeriousSkipper

23 minutes ago, SeriousSkipper said:

Also negative boosts the positive stats, so yeah, have fun with "negative" zoom :D

Have you found proof of this? I theorized this when Rivens came out but couldn't get a big enough pool together to really see if that was the case.

2 hours ago, Xzorn said:

Have you found proof of this? I theorized this when Rivens came out but couldn't get a big enough pool together to really see if that was the case.

I was discussing Rivens on WF's Discord, and most people agreed that based on their experience and data found in Riven Mod compilation, negatives do boost positives. And I'm one of those people that have seen that happen in their mods.
Still no concrete proof.
The whole Riven system is so RNG based, that proving something is pretty much impossible. The way MR requirements influence stats is also under question.
Take that "assumption" as something that has a 80-90% chance of being true.

Edited by SeriousSkipper
words are hard

24 minutes ago, SeriousSkipper said:

I was discussing Rivens on WF's Discord, and most people agreed that based on their experience and data found in https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1L2k7w9IIaQedlTs0sVAiIFc0-ByewwQHcTVY8nXWrBo/view#gid=0 negatives boost positives. And I'm one of those people that have seen that happen in their mods.
Still no concrete proof.
The whole Riven system is so RNG based, that proving something is pretty much impossible. The way MR requirements influence stats is also under question.
Take that "assumption" as something that has a 80-90% chance of being true.

I was hoping it was the case since negative stats would be silly and obnoxious without that condition.

39 minutes ago, Xzorn said:

I was hoping it was the case since negative stats would be silly and obnoxious without that condition.

There are so many things that don't make any sense in the Riven system, that I wouldn't be surprised if negatives decresead positive stats...
Still, this is one of those things that are kind of proven, in contrary to MR requirement system, that no one has any idea why does it exist or what does it even do.