Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Speed up Excavations.

Pillagius

Another excruciatingly boring thing - waiting for excavator to finish it's job, while there're buttload of power cells just lying around - maybe put those to use?

For example - the higher excavator power level, more quickly it finishes excavation process. Per say keeping it below 40 % gives you no boost, between 40% and 60% - about up to 5 sec faster, form 60% to 80% - up to 10 sec faster and everything above and beyond would save up to 15 sec (or if DE feels generous enough - 20 sec).

In grand scheme of things - quite nice boost, and less litter lying around on the level :P

12 minutes ago, BitterPill said:

Another excruciatingly boring thing - waiting for excavator to finish it's job, while there're buttload of power cells just lying around - maybe put those to use?

For example - the higher excavator power level, more quickly it finishes excavation process. Per say keeping it below 40 % gives you no boost, between 40% and 60% - about up to 5 sec faster, form 60% to 80% - up to 10 sec faster and everything above and beyond would save up to 15 sec (or if DE feels generous enough - 20 sec).

In grand scheme of things - quite nice boost, and less litter lying around on the level :P

I feel like if they do that, excavation will receive a nerf to its rewards. I know your feel, but excavation is already about 3 times as fast as survival and speeding it up more is a bit meh. 

2 minutes ago, bluepheonix13 said:

I feel like if they do that, excavation will receive a nerf to its rewards. I know your feel, but excavation is already about 3 times as fast as survival and speeding it up more is a bit meh. 

yeah... If think about it that way surely better to leave it as is. Though excavators do not get more HP as you proceed through the mission and eventually they can be literally oneshoted by enemies, or obliterated by a group in an instant. Would be nice to have at least a small boost at that point. 

35 minutes ago, BitterPill said:

yeah... If think about it that way surely better to leave it as is. Though excavators do not get more HP as you proceed through the mission and eventually they can be literally oneshoted by enemies, or obliterated by a group in an instant. Would be nice to have at least a small boost at that point. 

I'm definitely for some kinda bonus if you "overcharge" the excavator, just maybe not a speed up.

7 minutes ago, bluepheonix13 said:

I'm definitely for some kinda bonus if you "overcharge" the excavator, just maybe not a speed up.

oh right... Well slightly more shields would be pointless. Maybe a better reward, but that's fairly controversial thing. Hm... Although yeah that could work. like with similar percentage levels as descibed earlier - you get by certain % more credits/resources and/or higher chance of getting more "rare" reward.

I have a suggestion for Excav:

Make Excavators no longer require energy to function.

Double the Excavation time.

Power Cells Carriers still show up. When you bring the power cell to the excavator, it cuts off some time, 10 to 20 seconds.

So, you bring more power cells to make it faster, but if you can't leave the excavator to pick cells without it being destroyed you can still stay and defend it while it works.

I like the idea of power cells giving a little something extra (the more remaining seconds, the better), but I don't think it would really speed up the mission much. I don't think hey could give you a higher chance of having a rare reward though as the mission's reward table is based on fixed rotations with fixed percentages. I imagine it would be a bit harder to code in changing reward tables for missions than it is for something like relics since "Time remaining" is quite a dynamic variable to go by, whereas with relics, it is either Intact or Exceptional, or Flawless, etc and doesn't change at all during the mission.

Ok, just a fair warning here.

The last time I saw them took a look at excavator missions they stated they were 'streamlining' the mission type.

What they actually did is introduce more randomization to where the excavators would drop. Before you'd see every possible location in a tile drop before they would move to the next tile. NOW they'll spawn clear across the map, forcing you to run back and forth constantly.

So the last time they 'boosted' excavation, they made it worse.

Keep the noise down and perhaps they won't slow down the fastest and most frantic of the defense types AGAIN.

Edited by Caelward