Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Intallation Help

Jorugi

Question

So, I installed the game and have been playing for a while, but I installed it not from steam. Now I want to get TennoGen stuff, but I cannot do so unless I have it installed through steam. Does anyone know how can I get steam to use the game I already have installed, rather than having to uninstall that one and having to install it all over again through steam?

4 answers to this question

Just now, Jorugi said:

So, I installed the game and have been playing for a while, but I installed it not from steam. Now I want to get TennoGen stuff, but I cannot do so unless I have it installed through steam. Does anyone know how can I get steam to use the game I already have installed, rather than having to uninstall that one and having to install it all over again through steam?

Unsure if this works but the category games you can add games there, but it says games who are not on steam basicly, try that otherwise you have to reinstall it probably.

1 hour ago, Xzorn said:

I just installed a separate copy of the game via steam. Used it to buy some tennogen then logged back into my normal install.

I think you missed the point. What I didn't want was to install the game twice, which is exactly what you did. I don't mind loging in through steam or otherwise, I just didn't want to have to download the game again and wait for it to update again.

I tried doing what Marine027 suggested, but it didn't work, so I decided to just go through with installing the game anew, this time through steam. So this topic is already obsolete, I guess. Thank you for taking time to answer.

17 minutes ago, Jorugi said:

I think you missed the point. What I didn't want was to install the game twice, which is exactly what you did. I don't mind loging in through steam or otherwise, I just didn't want to have to download the game again and wait for it to update again.

I tried doing what Marine027 suggested, but it didn't work, so I decided to just go through with installing the game anew, this time through steam. So this topic is already obsolete, I guess. Thank you for taking time to answer.

I  gave it a quick search before I installed another copy and best I could find was doing some regedit work to fabricate an installation for steam and since I have a good connection I just said screw it.

You might find this of use: