Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Riven disposition should always be visible

Shockwave-

Why hide this? The info will be on the wiki at some point. There is no reason to hide this information from players. Why not just list it whether you have a riven for the weapon or not, makes trading rivens much harder when you have no idea what the riven dispositions for the mod you are trading for might be - especially trading for a non-rolled mod you plan to reroll that currently has bad stats. Is there any real reason to hid this information from players?

Edited by Shockwave-

54 minutes ago, Shockwave- said:

Why hide this?

It isn't like they are trying to be secretive about it.  The information changes based on weapon type too.  Charge rate isn't going to show up for shotguns.  I'm not against it always being visible but from a game standpoint, there's no reason to see it unless its valid.  IE, there's a riven in your inventory for that weapon.

I wouldn't mind seeing it regardless though, just for future reference.  But there are valid reasons, codewise, for it to not always be present.  That may change once rivens are available for every weapon though.

1 minute ago, Xekrin said:

It isn't like they are trying to be secretive about it.  The information changes based on weapon type too.  Charge rate isn't going to show up for shotguns.  I'm not against it always being visible but from a game standpoint, there's no reason to see it unless its valid.  IE, there's a riven in your inventory for that weapon.

I wouldn't mind seeing it regardless though, just for future reference.  But there are valid reasons, codewise, for it to not always be present.  That may change once rivens are available for every weapon though.

Of COURSE they are trying to be secretive about it. When I look at my weapon in the arsenal that I HAVE a riven mod for it says "Faint" or "strong" right there on the weapon. When I look at the SAME weapon if don't have a riven mod for it it does not say anything. Faint or strong disposition doesn't change because I have the riven for it, it's there, and there is room to display it and it is an applicable stat for all rfiles, shotguns, and secondaries, but it is DELIBERATELY hidden (by definition) from the player. 

Why can't we know the disposition of our favorite gun? I want to buy a riven mod for it trade chat but can't know the disposition until AFTER i trade for it? really?

9 hours ago, Shockwave- said:

Why can't we know the disposition of our favorite gun? I want to buy a riven mod for it trade chat but can't know the disposition until AFTER i trade for it? really?

Or like 90% of all info deemed vital in the game, use the wiki.  I'd love to see a lot more info in the game itself too.  

There is a difference between being secretive and hiding information.  By the game's logic, if you do not have a riven to equip into a weapon, its disposition is irrelevant. As I said, it would be useful for your situation to know beforehand, but the programmers tied the visibility of the stat directly to the presence of the mod type.

I would dearly love to know the RANGE of melee weapons but that value is nowhere to be seen in the stats of the weapon, yet it can be directly increased with mods.  Where is the uproar over that?

Besides, disposition is mostly moot anyway.  It isn't  like having a faint disposition stops simulors/cernos/soma/tonkor from being the best and most expensive riven mods in the game.

It would be nice information to have but it isn't a dire and vital stat to know unless that mod is present, that's all I'm saying.  You have a legitimate complaint and I hope they sever that link between stat visibility and mod presence, I'm just explaining why it currently is not.