Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Small question about rank bonuses

Darkneblade_TR

Question

7 answers to this question

What do you mean by bonuses?

The only thing that happens when you forma a weapon, frame or companion, instead of starting at 0 mod capacity you get capacity based off of your mastery rank. Say your mastery is at 10, you get 10 mod capacity right away to install more mods. If you have a reactor or catalyst installed you get doubled capacity based on your mastery.

Leveling up the forma'd item won't increase the mod capacity. Say again that your mastery is 10, you won't gain any additional capacity until you level it past 10.

Edited by SurrealEdge

Bonuses just show you how much your base stats have increased from level 0. The UI is new, I just noticed it the other day and its pretty unnecessary imo. 

Yeah when you forma you start back at 0 with no bonuses, and have to work your way back to 30 to get full bonuses again. They don't increase with each forma. Forma's allow you to add more/more powerful mods to your weapon or frame increasing its power.

Edited by RideaTear

TL;DR: Not tested. Expect them to reset when you forma and be regained as you re-rank.

I haven't yet tested this (although it's tempting to burn another Forma for the heck of it - and so I have something to level) but I believe the Rank Bonuses (and yes, I noticed them too) are actually just a previously existing feature, that now has a UI presence.

Prior to Update 19.5 Glast Gambit, Warframes already gained stats as they ranked from 0 through to 30. I believe the "Rank Bonuses" shown are simply those stats but with a place where we can see them.

If that is correct and they ARE the pre-existing feature, then it is most likely that they will not stack (which would get pretty crazy - and I haven't noticed any of my multi-forma frames get massive boosts) and will simply reset along with the warframe's rank (and need to be reacquired as you rank it back up towards 30).

1 hour ago, Darkneblade_TR said:

So if i forma a frame then level it up again frame start over from 0 bonuses or bonuses can stack ?

You start over from 0 bonuses. Else, all Warframes would have almost stupid amounts of shields, health, armor and such.

1 hour ago, RideaTear said:

Bonuses just show you how much your base stats have increased from level 0.

Forma's allow you to add more/more powerful mods to your weapon or frame increasing its power.

That's pretty much it. I don't think it is unnecessary, but it can be a little misleading.