Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×
Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Bugs and Issues with the New Strange Quest [Megathread]

xforsaker88x

On 23.12.2016 at 7:55 AM, Flippohs said:

The quest auto completed for me after I crafted the scorched beacon. Ordis and Simaris were advancing in dialog that I shouldn't have heard and then the screen popped up saying quest complete. I didn't get any blue prints from it at all. What can I do?

Exactly the same happening with me, and i really wanted to play chroma... devs pls fix asap... :/

Got a huge bug in The New Strange too...I just finished the hunt for Cephalon Simaris´ syntesis targets(the elite arid lancers), crafted the unknow relic and then all of a sudden the game started running all the messages from all of the steps of the quest and then it just said that the quest was complete, then It restarted to the part where I got to visit simaris but he doesn´t have the option for hunting the quests targets´anymore...so it´s like im pretty stuck cause the quest just finished itself than bugged the hell out of itself and sent me back to a part of the quest i have already done but now I can´t progress, that´s soooo annoying, hope they fix it very soon.

After finishing the Scorched Beacon part, I got the quest on Europa that's supposed to give you the Chroma Signal blueprint. Thing was, it wasn't the Mobile Defense mission it was supposed to be, it was the usual Exterminate for the area. This still progressed the quest, as the objective changed to "Craft Chroma Signal," even though I don't have any blueprints for said Signal. 

Hello, I selected the quest: 'The New Strange' and began it last night, I scanned the 4 points on the three people, talked to Cephalon Simaris, got the blueprint, and crafted the scorched beacon. When I go to the navigation center, under the quest tab it says, "Craft Chroma Mark"

I cannot find the blueprint anywhere in my inventory, or foundry, I have no way of making this Chroma Mark.

1 hour ago, Shareholder said:

It'd be nice if someone would at least acknowledge this is a thing and they are working on it. I'd really appreciate it. I can't get the new frame or do other content with people because I can't complete the quests? I mean really?

That has to be the worst part, THEY ARE NOT ACKNOWLEDGING US. I am stuck from leaving jupiter because I can't finish this quest.

1. This is really frustrating, Ive been playing this game for the last few days but this bug is literally a brick wall, I cant progress in the story, I cant access new planets with the resources I need to craft and to a lesser extent I have to listen to the same dialogue set each and every time I go back to my ship. I'm hoping this gets corrected soon, because as it stands now I dont see a reason to even log in.

On 12/23/2016 at 0:55 AM, Flippohs said:

The quest auto completed for me after I crafted the scorched beacon. Ordis and Simaris were advancing in dialog that I shouldn't have heard and then the screen popped up saying quest complete. I didn't get any blue prints from it at all. What can I do?

I'm having the exact same issue, after I retrieved the scorched beacon from the foundry. They had all conversations as if I had completed each remaining step of the quest. I did not receive a blueprint for chroma. I did receive an in-game message from Cephalon Simaris with the title of "The Sanctuary Needs You" and the message contents of "I have decided to expand your role."  I am assuming that this is the message that one receives after completing The New Strange.

Given the above situation, I am wondering what I can do to get the Chroma warframe without having to purchase it from the market, since the quest to get it seems to be... non functional and cannot be repeated.

As a general note, in order to circumvent similar issues in the future, I'm voting for adding the warframe blueprints to the market (purchaseable with credits), after the appropriate quests have been completed for it. This will also help if someone has to ditch an earned warframe to free up a frame slot, and then decides they want to pick it back up later.

System Specs:

• Win 10, 64bit
  • i7 5930K
  • 16GB RAM
  • MSI X99 SLI+ MoBo
  • GTX 1080 FE
  • Samsung 950 Pro EVO

Other Applications Simultaneously Open:

• Chrome
  • Steam
  • Curse
  • Battle.net launcher
  • Windows Calculator

Edited by Belguard

4 hours ago, Level1Cleric said:

After finishing the Scorched Beacon part, I got the quest on Europa that's supposed to give you the Chroma Signal blueprint. Thing was, it wasn't the Mobile Defense mission it was supposed to be, it was the usual Exterminate for the area. This still progressed the quest, as the objective changed to "Craft Chroma Signal," even though I don't have any blueprints for said Signal. 

This is exactly what's happening to me.

I recently crafted the Chroma signal in order to continue to the derelict on Alator, Mars. On the derelict I didn't understand presently that I had to scan him, and with my current gear I couldn't put up a fight. After dying twice I decided to abort the mission; however, when I got back to the ship I was confronted by the dialog that is supposed to play after I scanned him. Problem is I didn't scan him and now I'm not rewarded with the Chroma mark to craft and currently cannot redo the mission. The only solution I can do on my part is to taxi to that exact mission. 

TL:DR Chroma mark is missing, yet the game believes me to posses it. 

If any of this is a problem on my part please correct me.

~Thank you

EDIT: Someone before me has posted a similar problem, delete this if you will.

Edited by Vogue.Rogue

Same here. Been a few days,  posted on other threads. Moved on to saturn. I really just want chroma. I mean I'd prefer to actually do the mission and earn chroma but at this point i'm neither here nor there. and with the Devs and mods not saying diddly squat (I understand it's the holidays, and I'm willing to wait till january) I'm just moving on with the story and only care about getting chroma to be frank.