Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

[Archive] Of Ash And Fire - Original Thread

SirNerdsAlot5

Zombie I remember Ranger! He was the one quoting Monty Python! -has good memory- It's what inspired me to one day have a Tenno quoting portal, today my dream came true.

Wrath, regardless of what you're on you are perhaps the #1 source of thread-derailment since you decided to join in. It's nice to be random SOMETIMES and especially if the random comes in the form of a story is it appreciated.

-sighs- and now I feel like a jerk...this is why I hate being 'that guy' who has to put his foot down or whatever.

Look, Wrath, I know you're generally good-intentioned but if you can please in the future try to keep on the topic of the Ash and Fire thread.

I'm not trying to make you feel like a jerk, and many people tell me to tone down the random. I just get carried away at times...okay a lot of the time. The point is I know that the randomness comes out too often, and I try to tone it down. I spent three hours on my last chapter for it to make sense and not just be a garbled mess. The Voice doesn't help...it just screams random stuff when I try to focus .

Earth, Jungle, Predator, Acceptance of Bloodlust, Surprise. <--what I am trying to shove into 12-13 months of Earth stay. It relies on Kris being alone ._. so story, much surprise, wow change

Edit: Maybe I will skip 2 or 3 months (like jump over them)

Edited by FatViking

Eureka, an idea! Not that complex of an idea, or an independent one at that, but some character interaction won't hurt Akinos, since he's got nothing to do right now (his own story arc was postponed into the future by the current circumstances).

---

Akinos had been roaming around the Dojo, helping with minor repairs and generally cleaning up after the mess. The Shade was most useful, specially when it came to electronics and any doors that remained locked due to malfunctions after the alert passed. It was a busy job, but not hard in the least, and gave him the opportunity to know the Dojo top to bottom, which he hadn't had yet.

He was most concerned about what he'd do now. Not that he'd planned to rely to much on Khimera's aid to get on with his plan, but it'd be an undeniable loss. He also regretted what he heard of the parting of the berzerker Tenno, Kris, as he heard he was called. That amount of power, while hard to control, would be an enormous boon to those who fought alongside him. Akinos was certain something would be doable about it at some point. Obviously some sort of psychic restraint could be workable, if given time, and most importantly, interest. This wasn't a first time, as he had come to learn, and it was clear someone wasn't on the ball. It was also clear who that someone was.

As he walked around, just absorbed by his own thoughts, something more immediate spiked his attention. A Nyx and Nova stood, face to face, seemingly ready for a fight. Not a training, in the least, if only because they were doing it in a hallway, outside a small storage room. And that looked like a very real Orthos. However, another thing puzzled him. The name, "Venefica", as the Nyx had called herself. He'd heard it before, he was sure.

So there she is, the text showed in the corner of his HUD, the most brutal Tenno who's handiwork you had ever beheld. Remember, that Grineer in a cell we ran into while looking for a hostage? He'd been locked away due to insanity. He talked to himself so often, that when he talked to you, begged you to kill him, the guards didn't even give a damn. And when you asked, he talked about this "Venefica". Here we are, just out of a physical rampage, and heading straight for a mental one, with those who are likely the most proficient Nyx users of the clan, incapacitated, or at least in bad shape. Just saying, but maybe it's time for a evac? There's an unstable Nova user around here too, although there's no telling whether this one is the one. This'll be bad, i tell you.

Shade was right, of course. When it comes to memory, machines are like that, flawless. He wasn't too far off on his prognosis either, all things considered. However, Akinos decided to stay near. If something went down, he always had his Glaive at hand, and the Shade, much to it's own dismay, was his trump card should he be forced to fight the Nyx, being immune to mental control, and having good sensors when it came to detecting psychic activity. Invisibility would have to do if the Nova was the one going nuts instead.

---

There it is, hopefully i'll get to actually act on this (would have done something now but you probably are already writing the first half of a fight, didn't want to mess you up). You people write too fast, by the time i check back we'll have moved to a new Dojo, for sure :P