Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

[Archive] Of Ash And Fire - Original Thread

SirNerdsAlot5

You know, the key to success isn't based off of Academics alone. You don't have to torture yourself over this stuff to be successful in life!

Unfortunately, in a society driven by academic scores and not personal aptitude, I have to work very hard to stand a chance. Once I get my degree, no one gives a sh!t about marks.

in a society driven by academic scores and not personal aptitude

This never made sense to me. If two groups of people work hard enough and achieve the same scores, they're identical on paper. Hell, my grade average is in the S#&$ter, but I'm not a stupid guy. Education doesn't equal intelligence. Fortunately for me, my future career is all about the drive of a person and how he can hold up to the pressures of the job, no S#&$s given about academics. I mean, it's not the end of the world or your life if you muck up on these tests. We all have our lives ahead of us. I'm sure in the long run somebody won't exactly care about a mucked up mark. 

''So, How was last night?'' The Captain looked at Kris, who was filling out the last forms on his desk.

''What ever do you mean?'' Kris said with an almost perfect innocent tone.

''You know exactly what I mean. How did it go with that Nyx? Sophia, wasn't it?.''

''Oh that. Nothing happened.''

''That is bullS#&$. First of all, you are the most relaxed I've seen you in weeks and second of all, I know about the connection between you and her.'' The Captains helmet retracted, revealing a huge grin. ''And you never did finish your shift. But hey, all is forgiven.''

''How did you...Lotus, right?'' Kris just face palmed. Of course Lotus would have told the Captain.

''You hit the nail on yer head, boy.'' The Captains grin had turned into a full blown smile at this point.

''As always. It tends to get annoying, though. The nails give me quite the headache.'' Kris commented as the captain roared with laughter. A few seconds later Kris had no chance but to join his captain in laughter as his laugh was quite infectious. The two laughed for roughly a minute as Kris finished the paper work on his desk.

''Oh, you already finished those forms? huh.''

''Yes, and I am finally free from paper work for at least one day!'' Kris said victoriously, hands in the air.

''Make that three.'' The Captain said out of nowhere as he looked at Kris.

''Wait, what?''

''I think you deserve a few days off. After all, I kind of planted some of my own paper work into your pile.''

''WHAT?!''

''So consider the few days of peace as my reward to you for actually doing a part of my paper work.'' The Captain grabbed Kris's shoulder. ''Now get out! Your time off starts now!'' He said as he pushed Kris outside.

''That...Was unexpected.''

''So, How was last night?'' The Captain looked at Kris, who was filling out the last forms on his desk.

''What ever do you mean?'' Kris said with an almost perfect innocent tone.

''You know exactly what I mean. How did it go with that Nyx? Sophia, wasn't it?.''

''Oh that. Nothing happened.''

''That is bullS#&$. First of all, you are the most relaxed I've seen you in weeks and second of all, I know about the connection between you and her.'' The Captains helmet retracted, revealing a huge grin. ''And you never did finish your shift. But hey, all is forgiven.''

''How did you...Lotus, right?'' Kris just face palmed. Of course Lotus would have told the Captain.

''You hit the nail on yer head, boy.'' The Captains grin had turned into a full blown smile at this point.

''As always. It tends to get annoying, though. The nails give me quite the headache.'' Kris commented as the captain roared with laughter. A few seconds later Kris had no chance but to join his captain in laughter as his laugh was quite infectious. The two laughed for roughly a minute as Kris finished the paper work on his desk.

''Oh, you already finished those forms? huh.''

''Yes, and I am finally free from paper work for at least one day!'' Kris said victoriously, hands in the air.

''Make that three.'' The Captain said out of nowhere as he looked at Kris.

''Wait, what?''

''I think you deserve a few days off. After all, I kind of planted some of my own paper work into your pile.''

''WHAT?!''

''So consider the few days of peace as my reward to you for actually doing a part of my paper work.'' The Captain grabbed Kris's shoulder. ''Now get out! Your time off starts now!'' He said as he pushed Kris outside.

''That...Was unexpected.''

XD sneaky captain.

This never made sense to me. If two groups of people work hard enough and achieve the same scores, they're identical on paper. Hell, my grade average is in the S#&$ter, but I'm not a stupid guy. Education doesn't equal intelligence. Fortunately for me, my future career is all about the drive of a person and how he can hold up to the pressures of the job, no S#&$s given about academics. I mean, it's not the end of the world or your life if you muck up on these tests. We all have our lives ahead of us. I'm sure in the long run somebody won't exactly care about a mucked up mark. 

They won't, but I need to score well to get scholarships. Scholarships = free money = much lesser stress for my family.

The world is black and white in terms of academics. Marks seem to dictate how smart you are. Safe to say that I'm no idiot. I know a hell of a lot about almost everything, but I simply hate studying. Unfortunately, our world is like that, and we can't help it. 

I could care less about an  F on you're report card. So long as you prove that you are intelligent and capable of performing whatever tasks are required in your field, and have a good work ethic, you're hired. Or accepted into college, or whatever :/

:

I could care less about an  F on you're report card. So long as you prove that you are intelligent and capable of performing whatever tasks are required in your field, and have a good work ethic, you're hired. Or accepted into college, or whatever :/

:

I wish the world was like that man. I really do. But not gonna happen. We were born to become machines...part of a f*cking system. Pardon my french.

Beju, I really hope you do good.

I don't want my favorite person on this thread (No offense, Jea c:) to beat up on himself.

Haha

Don't worry Eden. I'm fine. The popping pills part, I wasn't serious. I just have to fight past my ADD and study. One week for 4 hour long naps it is :P

None taken ^-^

Bej is one of my favorite authors too

Good luck with your studies, Beju! d(^_^)z

Thanks a lot guys! 

I feel proud now lol

Got my brother interested in the thread, he might possibly join :O

Future "one of us..." from my side.

I get on now and then, but at the same time sometimes with the Tenno reinforcements it's like "OH THAT GUN IS AWESOME!" and then I think about it a little and go "But I'll have to spam the same missions with PUGs to level it..." and I lose interest lol