Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

[Archive] Of Ash And Fire - Original Thread

SirNerdsAlot5

FINISHED!

Something in this bit doesn't sit right with me. I can't figure out what, if you guys see anything can you point it out?

Training Pt 2

Aktos and Vulcana walked to the training room. They were both excited, training together was one of the few times where they could share a good laugh and kick the crap out of each other, all in good spirits. Aktos especially liked these training sessions, particularly the hand-to-hand sessions. Hand-to-hand strengthened his hands, allowing him to last longer in a fight against Vulcana, and his punches carried a lot more power. The sound of bones cracking upon contact with his fist was auditory perfection to him.

Vulcana just wanted to better herself in the hand-to-hand area. She wasn’t very good at it so she rarely activated her Hysteria power, unless she was in trouble and couldn’t afford to take damage. enemies mostly just sidestepped her attacks, and her punches didn’t carry much strength, allowing enemies to shoot her in the face after being punched themselves. She noticed that Aktos looked forward to these sessions, she also noticed that he took to punching enemies if they got to close rather than using his Dual Ichors. She noticed that they had gone silent, which was strange for them, since they were normally pretty talkative and calling for blood.

NEED……BLOOD, STARVING, CAN’T, UUUUUHHHHHHHH

Vulcana jumped, startled at the sound. She wondered where it came from, she looked around but she didn’t see anything out of the ordinary. She dismissed it and kept walking toward the training room.

When they arrived, they chose their weapons: Aktos took the Kogake, and Vulcana took the Obex. They took up stances from each other.

“Remember Aktos, melee only, no utility powers.”

“Okay, ready?”

“Ready”

“GO!”

They charged at each other, Aktos dropped into a slide and tried a drill kick into Vulcana’s face. She sidestepped and brought her fist down onto Aktos’ head. He dropped like a stone onto the floor, hard. He made a sizable dent in the floor. He sat there, stunned from the blow, then he backflipped to his feet, just as Vulcana’s fist came crashing down to where he was just laying. He charged towards her again, she swung, he ducked and brought his fist into an uppercut. Vulcana staggered backwards, her arms shielding her face. Aktos kicked and punched her, she blocked all of them and went on the offensive. She delivered an all manner of punches to various places on Aktos’ body, he brought his arms up and moved out of the way of some of them. If an attack connected, his shields deflected it, he still felt the impact, and he might have been bruised in some places. He back flipped away then jumped toward her. She raised her arms up to block him, but at the last second, he twisted around in the air, landed behind her, and kicked her in the back. She fell forwards. She sat there, then something odd happened. She was suddenly surrounded by a green aura, and jumped to her feet. She turned around and stared at Aktos. Sensing something was wrong, he backed up.

“Ummmm Vulcana? What’s wrong? You okay?”

Instead of answering, she ran at him, and attacked. She attacked with more power and ferocity than she normally did. She also moved much faster than normal. Aktos was barely able to evade her attacks. He was thinking of how she could be acting like this.

What’s wrong with her? Why is she so angry? She normally never gets angry during a training session, it is just a training session after all. And what’s with that aura? Hers is normally reddish-orange. Green is normally the color of a…..Nyx! Where…..AHA!

Standing in the shadows, trying to hide, and doing poorly. Was a brightly colored Nyx. A green aura was emanating from her head and hands. She moved them, and Vulcana mimicked the movements.

Vulcana had no idea what was going on. She wasn’t in control of her own movements anymore. It was if someone was controlling her. Thinking back on it, she noticed a group of Tenno standing on the far side of the room. Among them a brightly colored Nyx. She appeared to be conversing with them, she thought she saw credits change hands.

They must be betting on who will win. We are the only ones in here after all.”

Then, when Aktos kicked her to the ground, someone invaded her mind, and wrestled control of her body away from her.

“Pitiful, you’re a Valkyr and you can’t beat a frickin Ash? I’ll show you how a REAL Valkyr fights.”

The invader then asserted her control of Vulcana’s mind. Vulcana, shocked at the sudden intrusion, and unable to bring up her mental defenses, was helpless to stop the intruder.

She could see what she was doing, but she was powerless to stop it. She attacked Aktos with blinding speed. He could barely dodge her blows. Then. she saw him snap his head to the left. Then he looked back at her. He spoke but his voice was distorted.

Hang in there Vulcana, I’ll save you.

Aktos dodged another punch from Vulcana. Then he teleported out the arena, behind the Nyx.

The Nyx was enjoying herself. She bet her friends, the Excalibur and Loki behind her, that she wouldn’t take over the training session between the Ash and Valkyr. The Loki, bet she would, and the Excalibur bet she wouldn’t. She then proceeded to take control of the Valkyr’s mind, causing the Excalibur to lose 10,000 credits. The Loki got to keep his money, and the Nyx was 10,000 credits richer. Then she felt a feeling of panic, as the Ash snapped his head in her direction, a minute later, he disappeared in a puff of smoke, and she heard the familiar hum of an Ash teleporting. The Excalibur and Loki scrambled backward in a panic, as a hand closed around her neck.

Aktos appeared behind the Nyx. An Excalibur and Loki were behind her, when he appeared, they scrambled backwards in an attempt to run. He threw some shurikens at them, pinning them to the wall. Aktos closed his hand around the Nyx’s neck and lifted her off the ground. He spoke in a low and threatening voice.

“You WILL release your hold on my friend. Or will find your master and he will deliver the appropriate punishment, or, if you don’t have a master, my friend and I will deliver punishment as we see fit.”

The Nyx, scared for her life, released her control of Vulcana. She staggered for few seconds while she regained her senses. She got up and looked in Aktos’ and the Nyx’s direction. She deactivated the energy barrier and walked over to where they were.

“I’ll take it from here Aktos, I want to have a word with my mental intruder.”

Vulcana walked off, dragging the Nyx by her arm. Aktos turned and prepared to interrogate the two Tenno, when a message appeared on his HUD. The message was a clan-wide request to save a Tenno by the name of Sophia. He didn’t know who Sophia was but he wasn’t going to ignore a fellow Tenno in danger. He turned to tell Vulcana about the message.

“Vulcana, a clan-wide request to save a Tenno has gone out. We can’t ignore it.

He turned back to Tenno pinned to the wall, he willed the shuriken to disappear, dropping the Tenno to the floor.

“You two get off easy, we can’t say the same for your friend. If you’re smart, you won’t be involved in anything like this again, understood?”

The two Tenno nodded and ran out of the training room. Aktos ran to the exit and turned back to Vulcana.

“Vulcana, come ON!”

Vulcana growled and turned back to the Nyx.

“This is not over, when we return I WILL come find you.”

She threw the Nyx to floor and ran after Aktos, following him back to their shared quarters. When they arrived they grabbed their weapons. Aktos grabbed his Supra, Acrid, and Dual Ichors. They said nothing as he picked them up.

“Strange….hey guys, you all right?”

uhhhhhhh

“Oh jeez, hang on we’re going on a mission. You’ll have your fill soon.”

yaaaaaay” *cough cough*

Vulcana picked up her old Torid, feeling it might come in handy. The noxious grenades that served as it’s ammunition could really help on the mission, and since it was modified to not hurt any fellow Tenno, that made it all the more dangerous to her enemies. She also picked up her own Acrid, and a recently crafted Amphis.

Having grabbed their respective weapons, they ran out of the room and the snub fighter bay. They saw other Tenno doing the same albeit a rather small amount. Aktos was appalled that only few answered the call to save one of their own. Vulcana was indifferent. They boarded their snub and Aktos punched in the coordinates.

Kinda shoehorned myself in there didn't I? If i #*($%%@ up any plans you guys had let me know. I'll delete this and work on rewriting it to fit.

Edited by DraikoHunter

I can't keep up with all these stories. Halp. I'm drowning.

GG 065, thank you for giving me the idea that the NSA will never cease to do what it does best.

But since people are still writing fanfics, my team of pessimistic idiots are back. 

O hael yeh. (not really)

So.....Clarence was alone. Which is what happens when you're given a migration. Duh. "Screw this", he thought. He promptly aborted his mission, and later filed a 5 page report, 73% of which consisted of words that had withstood the test of time.

Vulgar words

Derek, after the momentary spatial translation initiated by the Lotus had been completed, found himself relieved. He turned his attention back to slicing the begeezus outta Grineer soldiers. Things were going well. It then came to his attention that one of his fellow teammates was being a little disruptive; Samuel, the Excalibur pilot, was experimenting with his second ability for the first time: Radial Blind. It seemed to do a good job of distracting Grineer, granting enough time for an escape or for an onslaught. Wasn't really as cool as Slash Dash, but oh well. Giving enemies insta-epilepsy was pretty fun.

Derek didn't concur.

When he found himself spazzing out in a pile of Grineer bodies, he knew it had to stop.

"HEY! Yeah! You! You spastic sociopath! Can you please calm the frick down?"

"I'm just trying to have fun, a**hole"

"Me? A**shole!? Well this a**hole is going to DIE if you DO NOT STOP your intermittent raves. Those went out of style a couple dozen millennium ago."

Samuel immediately started spamming his 2nd ability. So much so the surrounding enemies started to die from instantaneous seizures.

That's when the flurry of switch-teleports began. Derek found himself in a completely different place after the 60th switch, though. Mother of Ruk.

The Lotus had done it again.

(I'm beginning to sense a pattern here)

Aktos was appalled that only few answered the call to save one of their own. Vulcana was indifferent. They boarded their snub and Aktos punched in the coordinates.

Kinda shoehorned myself in there didn't I? If i #*($%%@ up any plans you guys had let me know. I'll delete this and work on rewriting it to fit.

Erm Sophia isn't a clan member...

And it's ok, you haven't messed up any plans that I know of lol

True. By the way, Bej if you would be so kind as to write something short about Aiden's reaction to Shade popping up out of stealth right by him I'd appreciate it. Either that or PM me his reaction? I just don't know what he would do in that situation... sorry >.<;

*edit: And Eden, it might be wise to wait until Quinn is back officially in the Foundry anyway since your characters will need new Warframes wouldn't it? (idk, I'm just randomly throwing this out there...)

Edited by Jeahanne

True. By the way, Bej if you would be so kind as to write something short about Aiden's reaction to Shade popping up out of stealth right by him I'd appreciate it. Either that or PM me his reaction? I just don't know what he would do in that situation... sorry >.<;

*edit: And Eden, it might be wise to wait until Quinn is back officially in the Foundry anyway since your characters will need new Warframes wouldn't it? (idk, I'm just randomly throwing this out there...)

Speaking of Eden (immortal infested Eden, not our good friend/writer Eden). Would he be coming with Darius and Alane to the dojo? I can't imagine the reaction to an infested being older than J-2000 ( is that what you said? Also,Lephantis doesn't sit right with me) strolling in the dojo, even with two Tenno with him. 

Eden and the other one, Nakarn (I  THINK I spelled that right), are really, really close to cannon-breaking... not that we can really talk about cannon breaking characters when Wrath's gyroog thing is running around...

I guess I'm stuck in the conundrum of the fact that we've already accepted a character that definitely breaks cannon by accepting Wrath's character, so I feel like I can't comment on something that's at least an official race in the game, even if it isn't typical.

Besides, reading Kalenath's latest work has given me new thoughts on the Infested anyway lol

But regardless of all of that Draiko makes a good point. Things are going to get interesting if Infested show up at the dojo. (And a word of advice... having a Nyx messing with people's heads to get accepted MIGHT not be a good idea, not that that's your plan, it's just a thought... sorry).

Hmm...maybe we limit non canon characters to just the three of them. Infested bosses and things don't count because they're a mutation, and rapidly evolving strains can cause variation. Eden, Nakarn and Jrogar can be the only non canon characters from now on. 

Hope that makes sense.

Edited by bejuizb

Hmm...maybe we limit non canon characters to just the three of them. Infested bosses and things don't count because they're a mutation, and rapidly evolving strains can cause variation. Eden, Nakarn and Jrogar can be the only non canon characters from now on. 

Hope that makes sense.

When you say non-canon, what sort of characters does that rule out. I'm asking so I don't make one.

Also, I want to join in on the manhunt...... Sadly, Morlan is probably at least 3 parts away from even making it to the dojo. 

I've actually taken several things into consideration, when creating Eden's backstory I took lore into account (The Technocyte being human-made and I simply added the possibility of the virus not being quite contained prooperly at this point.)

Plus, Nakarn is solved quite easily. Tenno aren't immune to the Technocyte, one of the Ether codex entries reveals that they use those to put infested allies out of their misery, Nakarn's just someone who simply escaped.

Edited by EDeN153

1.) I'd like to limit Cannon-breaking at all as much as possible. Stretching it is one thing, but outright breaking it will make things get messy in group writing really fast. My opinion is that massive group projects and smaller collaborations alike are going to be a lot easier if the game's ground-rules apply and we don't get a lot of weird exceptions and such going on. (An example for those who remember it is when, for a short time, someone, I forget who, had a small side thing going on that was messing with the space-time continuum, which we all agreed was just going to make things too complicated and was abandoned.)

2.) Cannon breaking characters would, in my opinion anyway, include anything that's not an official race in the game, ignore game cannon in things like loyalties, strength, ect. In other words, if it doesn't line up with what the game says, it breaks cannon.

3.) Joining the manhunt doesn't necessarily mean you have to be in the dojo. You COULD,  theoretically, end up in a mission that sticks you where all the rescuing action is happening and jump in from there ;)

4.) Infested "allies" doesn't necessarily mean infested Tenno. There could be/could have been non-Tenno allies that turned Infested that needed cleansed as well, at least that's what I think.

Edited by Jeahanne

According to the lore, the Tenno already have the Technocyte. The Orokin put them in the void, in the pods, to protect them till orokin technology could make them Warframes, both to harness the power of the virus, and to create a soldier to fight against the infested. The Tenno then slew the Orokin, which is what upset the stalker.

I would have called BS on all of that, Had i not read into the Codex entries.

Eden and the other one, Nakarn (I  THINK I spelled that right), are really, really close to cannon-breaking... not that we can really talk about cannon breaking characters when Wrath's gyroog thing is running around...

I guess I'm stuck in the conundrum of the fact that we've already accepted a character that definitely breaks cannon by accepting Wrath's character, so I feel like I can't comment on something that's at least an official race in the game, even if it isn't typical.

Besides, reading Kalenath's latest work has given me new thoughts on the Infested anyway lol

But regardless of all of that Draiko makes a good point. Things are going to get interesting if Infested show up at the dojo. (And a word of advice... having a Nyx messing with people's heads to get accepted MIGHT not be a good idea, not that that's your plan, it's just a thought... sorry).

The apologies.......my brain........APOLOGY OVERLOAD!!! ERROR, ERROR *warframe short circuits*

1.) I'd like to limit Cannon-breaking at all as much as possible. Stretching it is one thing, but outright breaking it will make things get messy in group writing really fast. My opinion is that massive group projects and smaller collaborations alike are going to be a lot easier if the game's ground-rules apply and we don't get a lot of weird exceptions and such going on. (An example for those who remember it is when, for a short time, someone, I forget who, had a small side thing going on that was messing with the space-time continuum, which we all agreed was just going to make things too complicated and was abandoned.)

2.) Cannon breaking characters would, in my opinion anyway, include anything that's not an official race in the game, ignore game cannon in things like loyalties, strength, ect. In other words, if it doesn't line up with what the game says, it breaks cannon.

3.) Joining the manhunt doesn't necessarily mean you have to be in the dojo. You COULD,  theoretically, end up in a mission that sticks you where all the rescuing action is happening and jump in from there ;)

4.) Infested "allies" doesn't necessarily mean infested Tenno. There could be/could have been non-Tenno allies that turned Infested that needed cleansed as well, at least that's what I think.

Personally, no matter how much i like the Characters, I think that we should slowly phase out anything that already IS canon breaking. Not just kill them off....but slowly let them fade, so the characters and authors keep their dignity intact.

Bending Canon, thats pretty much ok. Thats what makes all of our Characters Unique. Aigloblam has SnubFighter parts implanted into his legs....Thats pretty far from Canon, but its effects are totally in line with how he plays in game. Thats how it is with a lot of the others too, Sure we may bend a few rules, like dual wielding Scindos or something, but nothing so far out that its in danger of spiraling this whole thread out of control.