Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

[Archive] Of Ash And Fire - Original Thread

SirNerdsAlot5

Introducing Infested to the Dojo though.......

I don't know, I'll reserve judgement. If others think I should take a side on whether we should allow that or not I will. Until then I'm just going to stay neutral.

And I kinda of agree on the phasing out of the cannon breaking things. The only problem I see with that is I think Wrath's ONLY character is cannon breaking, and I don't know if it's fair to ask them to retire the only character they currently have...

Edited by Jeahanne

Oh, don't worry.

I've got a pl

I don't know, I'll reserve judgement. If others think I should take a side on whether we should allow that or not I will. Until then I'm just going to stay neutral.

And I kinda of agree on the phasing out of the cannon breaking things. The only problem I see with that is I think Wrath's ONLY character is cannon breaking, and I don't know if it's fair to ask them to retire the only character they currently have...

Since wrath stated that Jrogar hates the Lotus and has tried to turn newly awoken Tenno away from her. He could create a character from a Tenno that he turned. Only that Tenno has been in contact with Lotus and kept it secret. Then he/she

escapes from Jrogar and ends up at the Station or Aequitas?

EDIT: I have no idea how that happened.........

Edited by DraikoHunter

Wonderful stories guys! Just read four pages worth. By the way Beju, still waiting for that epic duel of behemoths that I was promised. ;)

Should happen once I finish my epic duel against the education system. 

it will be epic. I've got it all planned out in my head (I was listening to the best of Two Steps from Hell while planning it, so it will be AWESOME).

Since wrath stated that Jrogar hates the Lotus and has tried to turn newly awoken Tenno away from her. He could create a character from a Tenno that he turned. Only that Tenno has been in contact with Lotus and kept it secret. Then he/she

escapes from Jrogar and ends up at the Station or Aequitas?

EDIT: I have no idea how that happened.........

But that still relies on a cannon-breaking character...

Idk. *headdesks*

Very good point. I honestly forgot that it was his only Character.....

Should happen once I finish my epic duel against the education system. 

I only wish i had a choice on what i could learn from school. I just want to design video games damnit! Teach me math and reading. I shouldn't need to have a degree in a language i have no interest in (except spanish, that language is freakin awesome.....coming from the women at least.) To have a chance to actually get into a college that has a class that will allow me to design video games. I also shouldn't need to play a sport, to have a chance either. I shouldn't need to have straight A's to have a chance, i shouldn't..... *goes into a rant about our jacked up, S#&$ty education system*

I only wish i had a choice on what i could learn from school. I just want to design video games damnit! Teach me math and reading. I shouldn't need to have a degree in a language i have no interest in (except spanish, that language is freakin awesome.....coming from the women at least.) To have a chance to actually get into a college that has a class that will allow me to design video games. I also shouldn't need to play a sport, to have a chance either. I shouldn't need to have straight A's to have a chance, i shouldn't..... *goes into a rant about our jacked up, S#&$ty education system*

The point of a lot of that is to force you try to new things so you don't go forward with an education in what you THINK you want and miss out on something you might end up liking better. Also, it's supposed to make you "well rounded"...

That's the theory anyway.

Besides, for video games making you need a lot more than just English and math. You need anatomy for the ability to draw/create things accurately. You need physics to get things to behave in a game like they do in real life, ect. The more you know about the world you live in the deeper the worlds you create will end up. ;)

The point of a lot of that is to force you try to new things so you don't go forward with an education in what you THINK you want and miss out on something you might end up liking better. Also, it's supposed to make you "well rounded"...

That's the theory anyway.

Besides, for video games making you need a lot more than just English and math. You need anatomy for the ability to draw/create things accurately. You need physics to get things to behave in a game like they do in real life, ect. The more you know about the world you live in the deeper the worlds you create will end up. ;)

I have cooking as a back-up plan. Plus with the world so tech-oriented, i'm damn well sure that we some sort of master drawing program, that will allow me to do such things. Plus i know some pretty good artists (the drawing kind). So if we can by some way ( my artist friends are forgetful) keep in contact. I could always recruit them. My mom gave the idea of being an independent company like DE. As i get older i know that'll meet some people with great talents drawing, vocals, imaginative, the like. Meet some people with these talents that share my interests, few years later we start a company. Maybe make indie games, or mainstream games,things like that. If not, i can always cook. Plus, not everyone is suited to being well rounded. I feel that the education system is trying to force everyone onto the same boat: "well rounded" not everyone can be the same. I feel they are trying to force students to learn things they simply have no aptitude for. I hate math, but at least i'm trying to make myself get good at it. Half the people i know can't orally read, or read for long periods of time. Yet teachers force them into orally reading and they never get good at it.

That's my bit. Now..i have a Penta to level. 

Let Eden make his choice: either he stays, being shunned by society as a freak, or let him go free, with the promise that he will help the Tenno whenever he can. Seems like a Mass Effect ending, but that's one way to make things go by canon again.

And Draiko, you can pick what you want, but you need to be well rounded in everything to ensure your survival. I love physics, and I'm studying to become an engineer. At the same time, I like writing, cars, robots, drawing, and a whole bunch of other stuff. You'll learn to appreciate diversity once you grow older.

I have cooking as a back-up plan. Plus with the world so tech-oriented, i'm damn well sure that we some sort of master drawing program, that will allow me to do such things. Plus i know some pretty good artists (the drawing kind). So if we can by some way ( my artist friends are forgetful) keep in contact. I could always recruit them. My mom gave the idea of being an independent company like DE. As i get older i know that'll meet some people with great talents drawing, vocals, imaginative, the like. Meet some people with these talents that share my interests, few years later we start a company. Maybe make indie games, or mainstream games,things like that. If not, i can always cook. Plus, not everyone is suited to being well rounded. I feel that the education system is trying to force everyone onto the same boat: "well rounded" not everyone can be the same. I feel they are trying to force students to learn things they simply have no aptitude for. I hate math, but at least i'm trying to make myself get good at it. Half the people i know can't orally read, or read for long periods of time. Yet teachers force them into orally reading and they never get good at it.

That's my bit. Now..i have a Penta to level. 

All I can tell you is to be open-minded. Jumping into the world with locked-in assumptions and no flexibility will be... difficult. But it's your life, live it as you want to.

Also, don't write off the education system. It's imperfect and yeah, some teachers suck and some people really don't care (just teach to the test, whatever), but some people really DO care. I know a teacher, an amazing one. She pisses off a LOT of students because they give up or think they don't need to know what she tries to teach them. She has quite a few kids that come to her in high school, some of them seniors, that can't even read. They often get angry because she forces them to TRY. She doesn't do it because she wants everyone to be the same or believes that kind of bull crap. She does it because she cares and she knows that you can't get through life without understanding how the world works. Learning something that you don't think will apply to your life later on might suck and make you angry, but that doesn't mean it's not worth learning. Similarly, it might suck to put up with teachers who force you to do things you don't like, but you'll be grateful for it later. Trust me.

Bejuizb is right, you'll learn to appreciate diversity later, especially diversity of thought and skill.

anyway /.endrant

sorry