The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

[Archive] Of Ash And Fire - Original Thread

SirNerdsAlot5

It would be fully possible to stand on Hyena, and Wipe out Grineer, on Phobos....but it wouldnt be using it as a horse, Cause for that you'd have to control Hyena....which is not possible. MAYBE you could get away with using a Nyx to mind control it or something, but that would be one huge stretch. Besides, Dulcia is a Saryn :)

I'll try to write the backstory as soon as i can, sorry >.<.

I got to admit, the idea wasn't mine alone. I was on skype with bej, eden and jea while trying to figure out how to show Kris's mind getting #*($%%@, and bej casually mentioned that there should be some inner arguement. I took it a step further and turned it into a board meeting for the largest parts of his mind (although Vanity is the smallest of the three, but he was important for this.)

I helped too >.< Great story though, loved it!

I'm actually quite interested with what you come up with Aiglo. Right now, I have a searing migraine so I can't think straight. When I do think of something, I'll let you know.

And as for your suggestion for the ending of the fight...I might possibly go that route, albeit with a few modifications. Any more help would be deeply appreciated.

"Ein, are you done yet?" Khimera called as he waited by one of the shining metallic elevators, his Oberon warframe currently colored beautiful marble white with sky blue gradient. Even as he waited for the apprentice Tenno to catch up Khimera had to deal with a Shockwave Moa getting overzealous, Smiting it with a blast of azure. "Ein, if you don't hurry we'll need to take on Harvester!" He shouted over the comm-link, hearing Einherjar busily fighting off what he assumed to be several bewildered Corpus Crewmen. "Bloody hate the Harvester." He grumbled, though he had far more experience against Stalker than the machinated harvesting abomination that worked hard to get Zanuka parts from Tenno. Thankfully it really wasn't that much more difficult compared to a real Zanuka, though it was still disturbing some people wanted a Harvester or Zanuka as a pet. Then again...the appeal of four-legged companions never seemed to wear off no matter who you were. Unless it was a Charger, Khimera didn't know anyone who wanted a Charger as a pet.

Panting as if out of breath Einherjar managed to drag his way to the elevator room, welding the door shut behind him using the Flux Rifle he'd been loaned by Khimera out of necessity. Even though he'd been given leave to have a Magnus, Ein was not given a primary weapon so Khimera had given his current one to the apprentice Tenno to give him a bit more 'bite' as it were. Running up to the elevator and slamming the button to get the elevator actually started. "S...so harsh...huff...Senpai..." With a groan the artificial being slumped to the floor even as the elevator dinged.

Rolling his eyes the older Tenno dragged his apprentice into the elevator, shaking his head when the door closed. "Good grief, you'd think you ran on double A batteries." He joked, earning a rather annoyed-seeming look from an exhausted Ein. "Oh relax, extract is just ahead. If you keep being sour I'll let slip that you used my Flux Rifle without proper Rank." Shrugging, the Oberon-clad male grinned to himself as he heard several flustered exclamations and apologies. "And it's SENSEI not Senpai. A Senpai is an older or more experienced apprentice. I've been a full-fledged Tenno since before the Collapse."

"It is tempting to make a joke at your expense and my pain." Ein replied, looking away as he sat in the elevator, standing when it finally stopped. "The restriction on my abilities is...painful." He stated, looking at his hands and clenching them into fists then unclenching them several times before leaving the elevator with Magnus in hand. "My first ability is very limited."

Whacking Ein upside the head, Khi stalked past and headed up the ramp toward the extract point. "Please...you know nothing of your enormous power yet. To manipulate pure light...makes you even stronger than Zel's burning flame." He spoke softly as he went to stand and wait for the ship to come and take them back to the Dojo.

Not quite sure he could believe such a thing, Einherjar went to stand dutifully by Khimera's side, unmoving much like a statue. To be stronger than an enraged Zel? Highly unlikely, she was recorded to be powerful enough to blow apart ships and that was when she was in control! In raw power there was no way she would be outclassed by his simple abilities. Was there something he was missing in context to his abilities?

"Ein, are you done yet?" Khimera called as he waited by one of the shining metallic elevators, his Oberon warframe currently colored beautiful marble white with sky blue gradient. Even as he waited for the apprentice Tenno to catch up Khimera had to deal with a Shockwave Moa getting overzealous, Smiting it with a blast of azure. "Ein, if you don't hurry we'll need to take on Harvester!" He shouted over the comm-link, hearing Einherjar busily fighting off what he assumed to be several bewildered Corpus Crewmen. "Bloody hate the Harvester." He grumbled, though he had far more experience against Stalker than the machinated harvesting abomination that worked hard to get Zanuka parts from Tenno. Thankfully it really wasn't that much more difficult compared to a real Zanuka, though it was still disturbing some people wanted a Harvester or Zanuka as a pet. Then again...the appeal of four-legged companions never seemed to wear off no matter who you were. Unless it was a Charger, Khimera didn't know anyone who wanted a Charger as a pet.

Panting as if out of breath Einherjar managed to drag his way to the elevator room, welding the door shut behind him using the Flux Rifle he'd been loaned by Khimera out of necessity. Even though he'd been given leave to have a Magnus, Ein was not given a primary weapon so Khimera had given his current one to the apprentice Tenno to give him a bit more 'bite' as it were. Running up to the elevator and slamming the button to get the elevator actually started. "S...so harsh...huff...Senpai..." With a groan the artificial being slumped to the floor even as the elevator dinged.

Rolling his eyes the older Tenno dragged his apprentice into the elevator, shaking his head when the door closed. "Good grief, you'd think you ran on double A batteries." He joked, earning a rather annoyed-seeming look from an exhausted Ein. "Oh relax, extract is just ahead. If you keep being sour I'll let slip that you used my Flux Rifle without proper Rank." Shrugging, the Oberon-clad male grinned to himself as he heard several flustered exclamations and apologies. "And it's SENSEI not Senpai. A Senpai is an older or more experienced apprentice. I've been a full-fledged Tenno since before the Collapse."

"It is tempting to make a joke at your expense and my pain." Ein replied, looking away as he sat in the elevator, standing when it finally stopped. "The restriction on my abilities is...painful." He stated, looking at his hands and clenching them into fists then unclenching them several times before leaving the elevator with Magnus in hand. "My first ability is very limited."

Whacking Ein upside the head, Khi stalked past and headed up the ramp toward the extract point. "Please...you know nothing of your enormous power yet. To manipulate pure light...makes you even stronger than Zel's burning flame." He spoke softly as he went to stand and wait for the ship to come and take them back to the Dojo.

Not quite sure he could believe such a thing, Einherjar went to stand dutifully by Khimera's side, unmoving much like a statue. To be stronger than an enraged Zel? Highly unlikely, she was recorded to be powerful enough to blow apart ships and that was when she was in control! In raw power there was no way she would be outclassed by his simple abilities. Was there something he was missing in context to his abilities?

I am scared of Ein now. 

It's not abusive, Ein is doing this mission with Khimera on a low-level Corpus node. On another note, it doesn't help I've been watching D. Grayman on Netflix...having General Cross in my head is very bad for my teaching figures. -ahem- regardless, it's not abusive, Ein was simply being tested on how well he can handle a mission solo for the most part.

...CURSE YOU GENERAL CROSS! YOU HAVE CURSED ME YET AGIN!

On another note, does that mean Khimera and Ein are in a relationship? Because the REFERENCES I can pull out if he is!

NO THEY ARE NOT... Jesus, Ein isn't even HUMAN, and Khi has a husband...

Jeahanne has it right. As a refresher for those who've forgotten in my absence....

Khimera has been separated from his husband since the Collapse, one who wears (or at least wore) a silver and gold colored Rhino.

Since it's slipped Wrath's mind, the fact Khimera is in a relationship with someone already is already proven by the Oberon he wears. Canis (Khi's husband) had Lotus send the Oberon warframe parts after the Berserker incident, allowing Khimera to once again move and fight as Tenno.

Edit: If there is a relationship between Khi and Ein besides master and student, it would be more like parent-child than anything else really, which is still unlikely as Crowley and Quinn are more like Einherjar's parents than anyone else.

Edited by khimera

Jeahanne has it right. As a refresher for those who've forgotten in my absence....

Khimera has been separated from his husband since the Collapse, one who wears (or at least wore) a silver and gold colored Rhino.

Since it's slipped Wrath's mind, the fact Khimera is in a relationship with someone already is already proven by the Oberon he wears. Canis (Khi's husband) had Lotus send the Oberon warframe parts after the Berserker incident, allowing Khimera to once again move and fight as Tenno.

Edit: If there is a relationship between Khi and Ein besides master and student, it would be more like parent-child than anything else really, which is still unlikely as Crowley and Quinn are more like Einherjar's parents than anyone else.

Reading that edit. Yesh that would be more of Ein's parents since we created him.

Khimera is more like a friend of the family, an "uncle" of sorts. A fun one too.

I got a little sample of something that has been going around my head as of late. It's not connected to the thread's continuity, but i'd like some opinions before i start working on what'd be a larger story.

Aren looked around the small, cramped dropship, examining the unit he'd been assigned to babysit. It took but a few seconds to corroborate what he'd suspected: They were the most hopeless bunch of kids that ever signed up for crew duty. By the end of the assault, he'd be very much surprised to see any of them alive.

And of course, they were the first assault wave. A bunch of disposable bodies to hold a line until the robots came through with the big guns. Normally, dying was a risk. But in this case, it was certain. Half of them were arrogant bastards with no clue what they were up against. The other half didn't realize that before "the robots did all the work", they'd be the ones to deal with the Grineer.

Aren was different, of course. He'd been hired to lead this squad, just as he was hired whenever someone was needed to go into a ship, and he was payed well to get it done. The fact that his success would help keep the people in Mars who would hire him in the future was a bonus. But having to see kids like this get killed really killed any hint of a good mood.

He wouldn't dwell on it, though, checking on his trusty Sobek instead, making sure it was ready to punch through the enemies they'd be facing. He'd gotten a hold of it long ago, and knew it in and out. It had never failed him, and the armor piercing rounds always killed. But giving it a quick check always calmed his mind before an engagement.

The ship started trembling, moving faster, and an alarm went off, letting everyone know that they'd be boarding the enemy vessel in seconds. They were all well tied up,  but they could feel the ship spinning, despite artificial gravity. The vessel they were assaulting wasn't too well armed, but it was still a bit of a rough ride. Enough to take the crew's spirits down a notch... And for someone to spill their guts over the floor.

But there wasn't time to deal with that, and they all ran out and engaged with the first group of Grineer. The first casualties were a couple of bright bulbs who didn't go for cover, named Darin and Kalder, as Aren remembered from the files he'd been given.

The first group of Grineer was composed integrally by Lancers, armed with Grakata assault rifles. Aren shouted out to his men to fire over the Crates they had crouched behind, and threw a plasma grenade at the bunched up foes, with deadly accuracy.

A kid named Oras stood up to celebrate as they all blew up to pieces. It lasted but a second before a Ballista got him dead on, as a second Grineer group moved in, under cover of shield-wielding Lancers. There was a large amount of supressive fire, and a Seeker was deploying Latchers from behind the wall of shields. It had to be taken out before those things got on everything, and everyone.

Aren went for his secondary weapon, a classic, Lex heavy pistol. It wasn't really practical but, it had one thing on it's favor. Puncture.

He managed to shoot a shield bearer down and snipe the Seeker before they closed the gap, but he heard screams, and explosions, and turned to see three more of his own reduced to a bloody mess. Kira, Treld, Nerif, he recalled. The issue was to tell where one ended, and the other began. 

The Shield Lancers were still advancing, but they were met by a cohort of MOAs, that moved through Aren's positions, and engaged them, the orange "Shockwave" models crashing their lines' organization. The remainders of his group cheered, and moved to get under the protection of the shield-bolstering Osprey models.

Aren was about to join them, when he saw a line of giants in bright red coming towards the lines. He shouted out a warning, but all of the others were already in the middle of the way, and the MOAs had surrounded them, and obstructed their view. Aren was able to jump to cover, and huddle up in a corner of the room, but everything in that hallway was exterminated by the napalm rain that ensued.

He looked up, ready to bolt to another hiding spot, but he instead saw a bulky, faceless figure standing over him. It was a Warframe, Rhino class, he thought. One such Warframe was supposed to be assisting, as he'd been told. So where had it been until then?

-You've had your fun-he heard it said, even if he didn't quite believe what he'd heard-So i'll have mine now, if you don't mind.

Then, a layer of metal covered the Rhino as it ran towards the Napalm Grineer.

The Warframe was getting hit by the entirety of their arsenal, including their "stomp" close combat attacks, but the user wouldn't even flinch, and crushed the Napalms with a large hammer, all the time fighting with seemingly complete abandon, and, as far as Aren could see, enjoying himself a great deal. If that was even a person.

It spoke like a man but, it fought like an unstoppable machine. And certainly did not care about anything else. That... thing, it was having it's "fun", fighting the Napalms. But where was it when he still had a squad?

At the end, it had tore them apart. There were five heavy Grineer, and it had tore them to bits. But it was wounded, Aren noticed. And it's shields fared no better. He knew it would regenerate, no matter the seriousness of it's wounds. They were immortal, the "Tenno" in their warframes. But why should he allow that?

He leveled his trusty, heavy-killer Sobek at the giant, and fired.

Then, he woke up.

Something had gone terribly, terribly wrong.

The Corpus must have gotten a hold of an Orokin Neuro-sentry or something. It could be the only explanation as to why his warframe had instantaneously disengaged as soon as his presence had been made known. And in a frickin Corpus base amongst the God-forsaken ice mountains of flipping Pluto, man! Thank goodness for terra forming, otherwise he'd probably be stone, cold, dead. Which he thought was very weird since the Corpus are known for cutting-edge technology, so why did the climate control peter out? Bucket heads.

The lone Tenno threw another %&amp;^ on the fire. Well, not really a %&amp;^, more like the flesh of dead Corpus soldiers. Shocking, yes, but he was used to doing macabre acts. It also helped to think of flesh as fat, protein, cholesterol, all perfectly full of energy, and not only a plentiful but valuable resource in his situation. His insensitivity and indifference made him who he was though; why else had the Nekros frame been the perfect fit? Oh, yeah, his deformed torso and skinny limbs which didn't provide ANY protection from the cold had helped. At least the inner suit that interfaced with the physical aspects of the suit sported some heating systems.

He just wished the stupid things came with a built in transponder, but that was built into the suit, and the suit was fried. He swore that tomorrow he would explore the rest of the chilly installation, try to find the device that had left him stranded and powerless. At least his Synapse still worked, not to mention his Reaper Prime was still very much a useful piece of equipment.

For now, though, he must rest.

Khimera is more like a friend of the family, an "uncle" of sorts. A fun one too.

I got a little sample of something that has been going around my head as of late. It's not connected to the thread's continuity, but i'd like some opinions before i start working on what'd be a larger story.

Aren looked around the small, cramped dropship, examining the unit he'd been assigned to babysit. It took but a few seconds to corroborate what he'd suspected: They were the most hopeless bunch of kids that ever signed up for crew duty. By the end of the assault, he'd be very much surprised to see any of them alive.

And of course, they were the first assault wave. A bunch of disposable bodies to hold a line until the robots came through with the big guns. Normally, dying was a risk. But in this case, it was certain. Half of them were arrogant bastards with no clue what they were up against. The other half didn't realize that before "the robots did all the work", they'd be the ones to deal with the Grineer.

Aren was different, of course. He'd been hired to lead this squad, just as he was hired whenever someone was needed to go into a ship, and he was payed well to get it done. The fact that his success would help keep the people in Mars who would hire him in the future was a bonus. But having to see kids like this get killed really killed any hint of a good mood.

He wouldn't dwell on it, though, checking on his trusty Sobek instead, making sure it was ready to punch through the enemies they'd be facing. He'd gotten a hold of it long ago, and knew it in and out. It had never failed him, and the armor piercing rounds always killed. But giving it a quick check always calmed his mind before an engagement.

The ship started trembling, moving faster, and an alarm went off, letting everyone know that they'd be boarding the enemy vessel in seconds. They were all well tied up,  but they could feel the ship spinning, despite artificial gravity. The vessel they were assaulting wasn't too well armed, but it was still a bit of a rough ride. Enough to take the crew's spirits down a notch... And for someone to spill their guts over the floor.

But there wasn't time to deal with that, and they all ran out and engaged with the first group of Grineer. The first casualties were a couple of bright bulbs who didn't go for cover, named Darin and Kalder, as Aren remembered from the files he'd been given.

The first group of Grineer was composed integrally by Lancers, armed with Grakata assault rifles. Aren shouted out to his men to fire over the Crates they had crouched behind, and threw a plasma grenade at the bunched up foes, with deadly accuracy.

A kid named Oras stood up to celebrate as they all blew up to pieces. It lasted but a second before a Ballista got him dead on, as a second Grineer group moved in, under cover of shield-wielding Lancers. There was a large amount of supressive fire, and a Seeker was deploying Latchers from behind the wall of shields. It had to be taken out before those things got on everything, and everyone.

Aren went for his secondary weapon, a classic, Lex heavy pistol. It wasn't really practical but, it had one thing on it's favor. Puncture.

He managed to shoot a shield bearer down and snipe the Seeker before they closed the gap, but he heard screams, and explosions, and turned to see three more of his own reduced to a bloody mess. Kira, Treld, Nerif, he recalled. The issue was to tell where one ended, and the other began. 

The Shield Lancers were still advancing, but they were met by a cohort of MOAs, that moved through Aren's positions, and engaged them, the orange "Shockwave" models crashing their lines' organization. The remainders of his group cheered, and moved to get under the protection of the shield-bolstering Osprey models.

Aren was about to join them, when he saw a line of giants in bright red coming towards the lines. He shouted out a warning, but all of the others were already in the middle of the way, and the MOAs had surrounded them, and obstructed their view. Aren was able to jump to cover, and huddle up in a corner of the room, but everything in that hallway was exterminated by the napalm rain that ensued.

He looked up, ready to bolt to another hiding spot, but he instead saw a bulky, faceless figure standing over him. It was a Warframe, Rhino class, he thought. One such Warframe was supposed to be assisting, as he'd been told. So where had it been until then?

-You've had your fun-he heard it said, even if he didn't quite believe what he'd heard-So i'll have mine now, if you don't mind.

Then, a layer of metal covered the Rhino as it ran towards the Napalm Grineer.

The Warframe was getting hit by the entirety of their arsenal, including their "stomp" close combat attacks, but the user wouldn't even flinch, and crushed the Napalms with a large hammer, all the time fighting with seemingly complete abandon, and, as far as Aren could see, enjoying himself a great deal. If that was even a person.

It spoke like a man but, it fought like an unstoppable machine. And certainly did not care about anything else. That... thing, it was having it's "fun", fighting the Napalms. But where was it when he still had a squad?

At the end, it had tore them apart. There were five heavy Grineer, and it had tore them to bits. But it was wounded, Aren noticed. And it's shields fared no better. He knew it would regenerate, no matter the seriousness of it's wounds. They were immortal, the "Tenno" in their warframes. But why should he allow that?

He leveled his trusty, heavy-killer Sobek at the giant, and fired.

Then, he woke up.

I can just imagine the intensity. Great story man! Definitely gave me some chills.